Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from rugby

Options
  • 11-11-2012 3:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Accused of trolling & abuse of other posters.

Where the mod got trolling from I don't know. As for abuse I posted some throwaway remarks that targeted no one using very tame language for the rugby forum.
    I even consider my remarks second degree tbh.

The mod does not seem interested in communication, bar flexing his/her muscles through a keyboard.

Imo the mod is OTT & the ban injustified

4PP

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll take a look at this. You mention "the mod doesn't seem interested in communication". I take it you have already therefore discussed the ban with the mod in question?

You received an earlier red card in The Rugby Forum yesterday - I presume it is only the ban you are disputing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Beasty wrote: »
    I'll take a look at this. You mention "the mod doesn't seem interested in communication". I take it you have already therefore discussed the ban with the mod in question?

You received an earlier red card in The Rugby Forum yesterday - I presume it is only the ban you are disputing?

Hi Beasty, I was not aware I had received a Red Card anywhere.

I have in my PM box 3 "you have received an infraction at 19.39, 20.06, 20.16 followed by the ban at 22.10. All on Saturday.
    As for "discussing" anything with .ak(mod).
    He/She is right, I'm wrong as far as I can gather. There is no discussion. To dare reply is an infraction & not well received.
    In anycase he/she does not give the impression he/she is inclined to discuss anything. Very abrupt.
    I wasn't aware I had several bans.
    As it stands I'm banned from the rugby forum, but thats all I know & thats what I'm contesting.

Reply when you can, like most of us I'm in work tomorrow so I won't be sitting in front of the screen waiting for an answer.

Thanks for taking the time, whatever the outcome, it makes a welcome change.

4PP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've been looking at this since my earlier post

You received a red card just before 8pm last night for this post. You will need to log out to view it, as you are currenlt banned from the forum. However you edited the original post following the red card. The original wording was
    Watched ASM v RCT this PM. Great game, despite some poor decisions.

Ireland v SA.
    Looked like the whole effin' thing was in slomo'.
    SA didn't deserve to win , but then neither did the Irish Team.
    As for those who slate Radge, or any of the other participants.
    Either ye're gob****es or ye have very short/selective memories.
    Over 4 decades on this planet & I've yet to see an Irish team who've threatened anyone.

At best the 4th sport on an island way out west. The NZ'ers do it well, its that or sheepshaggin'. We have the the GAA to distract us.

Right, I'll go away now, frogs & kangaroo's on the horizon,

Good Night & Good luck
    I presume you accept this was abusive, particularly as you edited out most of the main body after receiving the red card, and replaced it with the following wording
    "Sorry have to wipe this, despite a total lack of interest by all of you, & I do mean ALL of you, not even a re-tweet!!!
    Big Brother is watching & has to justify his presence somehow"
    You were clearly taking a swipe at the mod and the action he had taken against you

2 minutes after editing that post, you made the following post, since deleted by the mod
    No, it would have been a travesty if RCT took more tah a DB from this.

Anyhow, Goodbye lads. The eunuchs have it in for me so I'm moving on.
    You'll find me on TBP if you're interested.

Slàn. Daithi.
    So now you are clearly getting personally abusive towards the mod.

I've also had a look at some of your other posts on the forum. In this post,
    I still find the whole mod thing in here incredibly petty but thats my opinion wink.png
    and in this one,
    I have asked for the mods to wipe it but they are no doubt too busy handing out nonsensical bans & what have you biggrin.png

I then discover you started a thread in the Rugby forum back in March (again since deleted) when you fundamentally questioned the modding of the forum - you received a red card for that, but to be honest I would have thought a ban was entirely appropriate

Then I look at your OP in this thread
    The mod does not seem interested in communication, bar flexing his/her muscles through a keyboard.
    So my summary of the situation is you have constantly questioned mod actions in-thread, basically attempting to undermine them, both in the Rugby forum and indeed here. The local mods gave you a 2 week ban following your second post yesterday evening, but having looked at how you edited the first post, your OP here, and your other history in the forum my decision is to increase the ban to a month and give you fair warning that any further ettempts to undermine the mods in the forum can expect to result in a much longer and possibly permanent ban

You may of course ask an Admin to review this decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Well I could but I don't see the point.

Its very clear that questioning a mod, having an opinion they don't agree with, is frowned upon.

Your answer enforces that.

No point my going all Don Quixote against such pettiness.

There is a lot of good points about boards, but the modding is not one of them. Pity.

4PP wrote: »
    Well I could but I don't see the point.

Its very clear that questioning a mod, having an opinion they don't agree with, is frowned upon.

Your answer enforces that.

No point my going all Don Quixote against such pettiness.

There is a lot of good points about boards, but the modding is not one of them. Pity.
    It's fine to seek clarification of a mod's actions, but do so privately, either via PM or by reporting a post (in which case all forum Mods and CMods will be notified).

Alternatively if you wish to discuss a particular aspect of modding (without getting personal about it), threads can be started in Feedback or Help Desk

What is unacceptable though is questioning/challenging mod actions/decisions in-thread

I take it from your above comments that you are happy for this appeal to be marked resolved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The OP needs to read the charter and attempt to work within the spirit, as well as the letter of the rules. Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement