Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvM : Aliens vs Marine

• 11-11-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

A remake of the original AvP apparently on CryEngine3 , and will be released as a mod for Crysis2

It looks amazing, sounds great too

-No regenerative health
    -Melee attacks don't hurt aliens

Early days yet, but looks to be on the right track, possibly more excited for this than for Colonial Marines

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

SeantheMan wrote: »
    A remake of the original AvP apparently on CryEngine3 , and will be released as a mod for Crysis2

It looks amazing, sounds great too

-No regenerative health
    -Melee attacks don't hurt aliens

Early days yet, but looks to be on the right track, possibly more excited for this than for Colonial Marines

Well, I do not know about others but my day is made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I think the pulse rifle is my favourite gun sound ever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cease and desist just waiting to happen :P

Regarding the demo though, it's very impressive. Doors need to set off the motion sensor though, as do the swinging chains. Remember being freaked out by that in the original. Looks and sounds great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Kiith wrote: »
    Cease and desist just waiting to happen :P

I can see this being AlienQuake all over again! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha yeah, as cool as that looks, it's a Cease & Desist waiting to happen. Fox have done it plenty of times before to other mods, and with Aliens: Colonial Marines still to be released, I'd be surprised if this doesn't get stomped on pretty soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement