Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB Jumbo Heavy pellets 18.13gr - great performing pellet

Options
  • 11-11-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is why I have 5,000 of these ordered and am hoping they are as good as the current batch.

Out this morning to zero the rifle at 40 yards, 30ft/lbs and very minor wind.

Rifle, AirArms S410 Xtra FAC with custom stock and Hawke 6-24x56 sidewinder and HW100 mod.

Using 'state of the art pellet catcher. Box filled with peat briquettes

Shooting off the bipod on a solid platform. first shot was well above the target so I had to walk the pellets back on target so please excuse the path and string as I came on target.

Final group was .25 inch or 0.5968 MOA, not bad considering I have a tremor in my left arm.

Smaller 3 shot group to the upper right of the final group when I got fully dialed in.

Perfect for hunting in my opinion

20121111_135138.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Wow very impressive I must say
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Wow very impressive I must say
    :)

Cheers :)

The barrel seems to like them over the 16gr ones. Plenty hard hitting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

That's seriously impressive right there - a proper bunny destroyer.

The Jumbo's are awesome though - we use them in the auld boys HW100KT .22
    Strictly speaking they're a bit heavy for it as it's only setup for 12ft.lb, but aside from a slightly loopy trajectory, they're bang on every time!

I had been using the JSB Exact Heavies in my one (.177 FAC) but switched to the H&N Barracuda. It's supposed to be exactly the same pellet but for whatever reason, my rifle groups better with the H&N's. 'bout 1/2" at 40m when it's calm so not quite as good as the above but it's a lighter round and I've only got 24ft.lb behind it so it's plenty good enough.

Cheers Extremetaz,

They are a cracking pellet.

A lad on AAOC reckons his S410FAC is putting out 34 ft/lb with them, I dont know if this is true and might need to chrony mine properly as I would hate if it was down in power due to a seal or something.

Thanks for the infor on the H&N's too, thats good to know if the JSB's are ever in short supply.

Nothing wrong with .5 inch at 40 yards, its seriously accurate and a clean kill and good shooting.

I think my accuracy has improved with the new stock on it, maybe its a placebo effect too and I was just lucky yesterday.

Happy out anyway :D
    extremetaz wrote: »
    That's seriously impressive right there - a proper bunny destroyer.

The Jumbo's are awesome though - we use them in the auld boys HW100KT .22
    Strictly speaking they're a bit heavy for it as it's only setup for 12ft.lb, but aside from a slightly loopy trajectory, they're bang on every time!

I had been using the JSB Exact Heavies in my one (.177 FAC) but switched to the H&N Barracuda. It's supposed to be exactly the same pellet but for whatever reason, my rifle groups better with the H&N's. 'bout 1/2" at 40m when it's calm so not quite as good as the above but it's a lighter round and I've only got 24ft.lb behind it so it's plenty good enough.

10 tins of 500 arrived today so I am sorted for a long time. Going to get rid of the 3-4k pellets I have laying around and stick to these.

Well done Intershoot for the wicked service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

Great gun, great shooting Tikka.

It must be pretty long with the mod on the end.

Goosie wrote: »
    Great gun, great shooting Tikka.

It must be pretty long with the mod on the end.

Thanks Goosie, its very accurate, even more since the new stock.

The whole rig is about 50 inches with the mod but the mod is so light it doesnt interfere and is super quiet.

Some before and after pics on the hardware thread on here. Big difference with the custom stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

Saw it there alright..........sweet.

Goosie wrote: »
    Saw it there alright..........sweet.

Cheers Goosie, lad in UK made it to measure and couriered it back to me.

Its lovely in the hand altogether and a dream to shoot.

Great power in her too.

Advertisement