Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you buying Black Ops 2 at launch?

• 11-11-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Still finding it hard to work up enthusiasm for Black Ops and think that this will be the first time since CoD4 that I won't be there on day one. I don't doubt that I'll pick it up at some stage but right now I have no real desire to play Black Ops II yet. There's definitely an element of military shooter fatigue and the feeling that it's not going to offer anything that MW3 and Black Ops did.

Couple that with Borderlands and Halo 4 taking up all my shooting time already and I won't be in line on Tuesday, and I'm wondering how many will. There's no way Black Ops will be anything less than a huge seller but I think there is a sizeable group of people who feel the same as me and that this could be the lowest seller since WaW.

Will you be buying Black Ops 2 at launch? 103 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    52% 54 votes
    Undecided
    47% 49 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

launch day? most likely not, probably within in the first week though, if I do get it launch day I'll stick to the campaign until the MP servers calm down, unless there's no issues with them (unlikely, 4 launch day CODs and they're always issues on the first day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Have it pre-ordered for the sake of double xp and Nuketown. Won't have it until Thursday though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Toss of a coin at present tbh.

Maybe sometime during the week I'll get it. As I said before, if it does suck, at least I can trade it in for a game I do want in Far Cry 3 or Hitman in a couple of weeks time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I haven't spent money on it this year but my brother did. I'm waiting for other games which I'm far more excited about such as Hitman, Assassins Creed3 (PC). I want to get my hands on the DayZ standalone too.... :D

I'll get a couple of games in on BLOPS2 but I'm not expecting to shit my pants or anything....I've played this game for the last five years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Probably hope into tesco/hmv on thursday to get it,not in any particular rush though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Probably hope into tesco/hmv on thursday to get it,not in any particular rush though

i sure it will be an xbox copy also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Ya I will be, enjoyed blops 1 a lot.

Never bothered getting mw3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yep and hope to have it at 6pm tomorrow evening! Looking forward to it more then i was with MW3's release!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Shure I might wander in..

(nah won't be getting this til Christmas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Got blops 1 for the pc to have a run at it and help decide if I'd get it for the pc over the xbox. Played it twice and got completely bored. Think I might be giving it an all round miss this time unless its vastly different from every other cod.As some one else mentioned, too many good games that are different coming out the next month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I think they're really stretching with blops 2 by setting it in the future. The point of blops 1 was that it was set in the cold war.

Seems they're running out of ideas. MW3 was essentially MW2 with a slightly different scoring system. Offered practically no originality.

There's only so many 'hypothetical' wars they can fabricate before people get completely fed up with the series.

I'd really like to see them stick with the alternating 'title in the past'/'title in the present/future'. i.e leave the present/future stuff to the MW series and release a WW1 or WW2 title.

Theres that many wars that have taken place they have no shortage of possiblilities for games.

Next they'll be releasing a title with aliens to try and directly compete with the Halo series.

EDIT** To answer the question - No i wont be getting it at launch. Maybe after xmass when it drops in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Got them all on release day since MW2, can't be arsed with this one. Didn't really get into the last one like I did battlefield.
    I'll probably get it before christmas though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

im on a weeks holiday, so i have f##k all else to be doing. might wait till tomorrow morning though. and as regards to this being a poor selling title....

1330284710_medium.jpeg

dan hibiki wrote: »
    im on a weeks holiday, so i have f##k all else to be doing. might wait till tomorrow morning though. and as regards to this being a poor selling title....

great troll mate, not one mention in this thread of this being a poor selling title? :confused:

martomcg wrote: »
    great troll mate, not one mention in this thread of this being a poor selling title? :confused:

maybe read the very first post...mate.

dan hibiki wrote: »
    maybe read the very first post...mate.

How about you read it.
    There's no way Black Ops will be anything less than a huge seller but I think there is a sizeable group of people who feel the same as me and that this could be the lowest seller since WaW.

OP is speculating it might not do as well as other titles. Not saying it will be a poor seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For the record, I will be picking this up at midnight and will be online as quick as my car will carry me back home, so in case I don't get a chance to say this later, see ya online later bitches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Used to go to Tesco to get it when I lived in Ireland. Got mw2 and black ops at midnight with my mate. Headed home to play the game all night (didn't go to college). Got mw3 at midnight too but was flying back to Germany the next day and it just wasn'T the same. None of my friends are online these days and in general I just didn't get into mw3 at all. Won't be getting black ops 2 tonight but maybe soon. I hope it's good. I am playing mw2 all last week conincidentally. I like all of the games to be honest. I think cod 4 and world at war are the same game as is mw2 and black ops. I think mw3 sucked though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pick it up tomorrow morning before college, not finished till 9 though, so wont be on till 10 or after. Off all day Wednesday though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not gonna get it straight away, I'll no doubt get it eventually though.

• Advertisement

martomcg wrote: »
    How about you read it.

OP is speculating it might not do as well as other titles. Not saying it will be a poor seller.

Blops made a billion quid after 2 weeks, and has massively outsold WaW. my response was to the op`s speculation. what do you not get understand? dont just pipe in with some bs about me being a troll. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Might collect dressed as Saville and shorten the queue :cool:

You are a bad bad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Toss of a coin at present tbh.

Maybe sometime during the week I'll get it. As I said before, if it does suck, at least I can trade it in for a game I do want in Far Cry 3 or Hitman in a couple of weeks time.
    Rent it first and if you like it buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Queuing now... Playing Black Ops adverts on loop...

It's ruining Back in Black for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC Master Race = Steam Preload

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Rent it first and if you like it buy it?

I've said that elsewhere, but the evil nagging voice is telling me to buy it.

Must. Stay. Strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

everlast75 wrote: »
    Queuing now... Playing Black Ops adverts on loop...

It's ruining Back in Black for me :(

Back in Black will always be an Iron Man song, for me. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Lack of funds means I can't buy for another few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well after all that, I was walking past HMV and got sucked in. I am weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Shocked at the mount of No's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

NeVeR wrote: »
    Shocked at the mount of No's

I'd say there's a few that voted no but will actually pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-19-uk-chart-oh-my-cod

Looks as it was indeed the weakest launch since WaW. Still a massive seller for all that.

Advertisement