Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer recordings from Sky planner to laptop?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a Sky+ box with not much space left on my planner, and was wondering if it is possible to transfer stuff onto my mac pro.

I looked up a lot of the other related threads but seem to come up with dead ends. I don't want to have to go out and buy various cables and stuff that might not even work.

There is a usb port at the front of the box which according to other threads, is not turned on. But there's also one at the back, too.

I understand how to copy recordings from my planner if my dvd player had a recordable feature, but of course it doesn't.
    However, my DVD player has a USB port as well, so would it be possible for me to plug my laptop into my DVD player and press 'copy' on my sky planner?
    Or else if I plug my external Hard Drive into my DVD player or directly into my sky+ box and press 'copy'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

wherswally wrote: »
    I have a Sky+ box with not much space left on my planner, and was wondering if it is possible to transfer stuff onto my mac pro.

I looked up a lot of the other related threads but seem to come up with dead ends. I don't want to have to go out and buy various cables and stuff that might not even work.

There is a usb port at the front of the box which according to other threads, is not turned on. But there's also one at the back, too.

I understand how to copy recordings from my planner if my dvd player had a recordable feature, but of course it doesn't.
    However, my DVD player has a USB port as well, so would it be possible for me to plug my laptop into my DVD player and press 'copy' on my sky planner?
    Or else if I plug my external Hard Drive into my DVD player or directly into my sky+ box and press 'copy'?

No, the only was to "copy" off the sky box is to play the recording and capture it with a VCR, DVD recorder or a computer with a tuner card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Advertisement