Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank atm issues [Cash not dispensed]

Options
  • 11-11-2012 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

ulster bank roi
    shop based atm
    ulster bank visa debit

so i tried to take money out but the machine gave error message
    i checked my online banking and the money has been deducted

the lady on the phone in ulster bank says the only way to get this money back is to go into a branch in person and fill out an atm dispute form

there is no other way to do this - not on the phone, not electronically

has anyone any experience with this themselves and successfully done it another way? it does not suit me to go into the branch!

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ring your branch, ask them to send out a form and post it back once filled in?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it doesn't correct itself automatically (which it may do when the machine is balanced) then yes, you will have to follow the procedure. As suggested, they may mail it out or if you can't get to your account holding branch another one can help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was told if the system doesnt correct itself automatically by midnight then it isnt going to auto correct itself. i suppose im just expecting a more efficient system in this electronic age. i had some issues with mbna and i could do everything by phone and email with them.

ive been given misinformation by banks and things before too, so looking to see if anyone who knows alternatives etc.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Normally overnight, though if it happened over the weekend you might not see it reflected on your account until Tuesday at the earliest.

Otherwise no. The process is a pain, but because you're dealing with different banks/machine operators, and relying on them for follow up it's not as easy as when it happens with the banks own machines (which is obviously easier for them to chase up)

Advertisement