Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightning,Torrential Rain & Gale Force Winds for Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looks like Galway City and surrounding areas will miss out on any real action from this, the first band is moving steadily NE'ward so it looks like we'll only get a glancing blow and the 2nd band which is just hitting Cork now, where the most intense stuff seems set to be, is going to be too far east for us. Hopefully I'm wrong but just going on radar + what NAE is showing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just seen flash of lightning in Galway to the West no thunder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Harps wrote: »
    Looks like Galway City and surrounding areas will miss out on any real action from this

*puts hands on ears and starts rocking like a lunatic singing la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la...*

I think you are right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

EISN SIGMET 07 VALID 212330/220330 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR EMBD TS OBS W OF LINE N5412 W00700 - N5100 W00800 TOP FL300 MOV NE AT 25KT NC=

CASEMENT TAF EIME 212300Z 2200/2209 19021G32KT 9999 SCT020 BKN040 TEMPO 2201/2206 18028G45KT TEMPO 2204/2208 3000 RA BKN007 FEW020CB PROB30 TEMPO 2204/2207 2000 +RA BKN006 SCT018CB BECMG 2205/2207 24021G33KT BECMG 2207/2209 21016KT =

SLIGO TAF EISG 212300Z 2200/2209 15018G33KT SCT018 BKN030 TEMPO 2200/2203 16023G40KT TEMPO 2200/2204 4000 RA BKN008 BECMG 2203/2205 21013G24KT PROB40 TEMPO 2204/2209 5000 -RA -SHRA BKN010 FEW018CB=

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

*puts hands on ears and starts rocking like a lunatic singing la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la...*

I think you are right though.

The met UK predictive sequence is generally fairly accurate up to about 12 hours I find. And it predicts exactly this happening. Which makes me happy cos there is already a lot of flooding. Night night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Anyone taking any vids. Is it likely to stay intact or break up as its moves across?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Cork City stormy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The rain has well and truly started here!! Wind very strong too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Several lightening flashes over Westport just not.Rough night out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

RTE Radio one for weather forecast at 5 minutes to midnight... it will be interesting to see what it has got.....

OOOPS... here comes the wind... just heard it howling there for a minute! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

eskimocat wrote: »
    RTE Radio one for weather forecast at 5 minutes to midnight... it will be interesting to see what it has got.....

OOOPS... here comes the wind... just heard it howling there for a minute! :)

Very windy now alright here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Martin King is down playing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The lightning is confined to the coast, not coming inland at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Pack it up folks, time to lock the thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

eskimocat wrote: »

The Belmullet report was 'Heavy thunderstorm'.

Short, sharp bursts of rain just started here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Pack it up folks, time to lock the thread. :pac:
    The Guru has spoken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Right, I'm off.. early start... enjoy the rest of the evening!

A couple of strikes in Cork in the past few mins, showing on the Icelandic site.

Netweather shows 4 recent strikes west of Cork city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Drizzle in Galway, bed time I think...

Good luck to anyone in the south and east looking for some thunderstorms, hopefully the radar will be interesting by morning

• Advertisement

Latest Met Eireann gale warning now mentions possible storm force on parts of the east coast.
    Gale Warning

Gale or strong gale force southerly winds overnight on all coasts of Ireland and the Irish Sea and occasionally touching storm force later tonight on parts of the east coast and Irish Sea

Issued at 23:00 on 21-Nov-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Its really letting rip here now in terms of rain (near Castlebar). Lights have flickered a few times but no visible lightning as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rough in Castlebar now. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Good bit of lightning now in Cork, Wind and rain is REALLY picking up too.

A couple of strikes in Cork in the past few mins, showing on the Icelandic site.

Netweather shows 4 recent strikes west of Cork city.

Woohoo! It's on its way :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Flashes over Cork now near Dunkettle!

pad199207 wrote: »
    Flashes over Cork now near Dunkettle!

Just saw one flash through curtains!! I'm very near Dunkettle myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Lights flickering here now in Cork city, heard a clap of thunder as well, the wind has been savage all evening, and now it sounds like there is some hail falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Lots of lightning coming from Wilton, Cork direction, not showing up on the Midleton detector though.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    Lots of lightning coming from Wilton, Cork direction, not showing up on the Midleton detector though.

You can see it here.

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement