Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightning,Torrential Rain & Gale Force Winds for Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

This may be an area to watch, as it seems to be associated with a section of the front that looks to be organiisng itself to our southwest. Returns along this line already intensifying up through the midwest into midlands.
    229654.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Rougies wrote: »
    Haha, ok. It's never enough though is it? The more you get the more you want. It's ok to be a weather junkie around these parts, we all understand :p

:D good to know i'm among people who understand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

sunbabe08 wrote: »

:D good to know i'm among people who understand
    If and I hope we don't get lightening around here I'll be sure to send it your way :D

Latest reports (2am) has hourly falls of 6.6mm at Markee, Sligo and 5.7 at Gurteen, Tipp. Southwest still bearing brunt of winds with 48 kt at Roches Point, 42 kt at Sherkin Is and 41 kt at Cork Apt. Generally between 25 & 35 kts elsewhere:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

56 kt gust at Kinsale Energy.

No new lightning strikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Barely a breeze here as yet with a slight drizzle, would love a bit of sparks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Disappointingly quiet on the lightning front at the moment. Hopefully the early birds will catch some action later if things get going again.

11.6mm in one hour at Moorepark and 3.1 in Athenry on 3am reports. 47 kt gust at Roches Pt, 45 at Cork and 40 at Oak Park.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

A few light spits in Tuam. Pressure 992.8 hPa falling rapidly.

met.ie radar animation between 10.30pm and 3.30am

animation_front.gif
    From http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Front pretty much slicing up through central parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭robclay26

Rain is insane here in Trim co meath. Area doesn't flood but the whole road and drive are under a blanket of water and not a sign. If it easing off. No thunder or lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

robclay26 wrote: »
    Rain is insane here in Trim co meath.
    Same here in Dundalk at the minute, winds picking up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

fohn effect in play

45kt casement

25kt dub air.

precip band not too developed, expect it to be as departing east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Torrential rain, strong wind in North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

MAD wind here in the last hour , havent heard it like this is a good while!

Dublin is lucky not to be getting hammered by these rains too !!
    229657.png

Bet the structure on that would look awesome!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Penname wrote: »
    Torrential rain, strong wind in North Kildare.

Ditto, was just coming off my turn from the Kilcock to Enfield Road when the downpour hit. Almost had to come to a complete halt. Temp dropped from 12c to 7.5 in about 3 minutes! Rain quite heavy still now but about to ease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Very heavy rain and strong winds woke me up here in Drogheda. No lightning though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Great, just woke up to toilet and shower gurgling so i had a look outside and the house is surrounded by about a foot and a half of water, stupid rain :mad:

Great, just woke up to toilet and shower gurgling so i had a look outside and the house is surrounded by about a foot and a half of water, stupid rain :mad:[

Where in country are you? That's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

On approach into Dublin an hour ago , very rough in approach and heavy rain , winds increased in our descend , 72 kts at 2000 ft , have not seen that in a long time !

robclay26 wrote: »
    Where in country are you? That's mad

just outside slane, theres a hill out the back of the house and the flow of the field just brought it in, piped around the house 2 years ago but there must've been just to much rain this time, raining again now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Very windy and heavy rain here, woke me up around 5am, had a look outside, a few wheelie bins blown over.

• Advertisement

mayfly757 wrote: »
    On approach into Dublin an hour ago , very rough in approach and heavy rain , winds increased in our descend , 72 kts at 2000 ft , have not seen that in a long time !

That's some wind! Must have been a bumpy ride

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

just outside slane, theres a hill out the back of the house and the flow of the field just brought it in, piped around the house 2 years ago but there must've been just to much rain this time, raining again now :(

I hope you weren't flooded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a single lightning strike anywhere in the country since I went to bed I see, so much for an extremely active cold front. No doubt it'll come back to life just as its hitting Britain :rolleyes:

highdef wrote: »
    I hope you weren't flooded!

No thankfully, building up that extra block made all the difference, water around almost gone thanks to the pipes around the house, not out of the woods yet, just need a big help from mother nature to take the water that was around the house into the nearby ponds and fields.....no more rain please :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Grand so that's that. Demote to level 0. All that for a 15-20 minute squall line transit round the 1-2am. Hopefully sunday gives us a storm with 120kph gusts and stingjets and all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

seen nothing, heard nothing and ended up sleeping in for work :( Damn you mother nature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

No thankfully, building up that extra block made all the difference, water around almost gone thanks to the pipes around the house, not out of the woods yet, just need a big help from mother nature to take the water that was around the house into the nearby ponds and fields.....no more rain please :)

Same here with the yard flooded and gurgling toilets early this morning...Haven't had rain like that in a long time...Enough rain now, cold please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Closing soon..

The weather was clear over Galway for an hour but thundery black clouds have arrived very suddenly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Well, I wasn't woken up by any lightning. Pffffffft! Maybe next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement