Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for setting up a Summer Irish tour

Options
  • 11-11-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey

The Dyatonics is the name of my band and we are a young Dublin based Alternative Rock band. We have recently released our first 4 track EP.

Due to Exams etc we have no time to play gigs this side of Christmas but we were hoping to set up a nice string of gigs or 'tour' if you want to call it that, in preferably the Leinster area.

We have no experience in anything like this and was wondering if any of the lovely people of this forum could offer advice

Thanks
    Emmet

Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/Dyatonics

Our EP: http://dyatonics.bandcamp.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Try to contact promoters on facebook. Just put up a facebook post asking "Anyone book gigs in such a such town?"

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Emmet Bass

Yeah I find it hard to find promoters on Facebook, dont know where to start and especially with the new Facebook selective audience and pay to promote thing

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Is this old school? Try contacting bands your music would share a bill with that are playing around the time you want to play and see if they'd have you, look at venues that book bands and set up contacts with them, look at bands you know for where they play and if they'd be interested in playing with you and have them return the favour. Maybe that is old school now, I dunno. It isn't difficult to find yourself a few gigs, you don't need a manager or promoter if you're willing to do some leg work for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Emmet Bass

yeah that sounds like a good way to start, next step is finding friendly like minded bands :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Second and Sebring

Emmet, my band love to take part. We're called From Dreams to Comas, we're a new band but we all come from bands that are already established in the music industry such as Zero, bleach and KK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement