Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit on Temple Road?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what the speed limit is now on Temple Road? I think I was just caught speeding but I couldn't see a speed limit sign anywhere. I was going at 60kph and I know it used to be the limit but I think it might have changed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

sarmer wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering what the speed limit is now on Temple Road? I think I was just caught speeding but I couldn't see a speed limit sign anywhere. I was going at 60kph and I know it used to be the limit but I think it might have changed.

Thanks.
    In Blackrock? 50. Theres a blanket urban speed limit of 50 in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown for the last 8 or 10 years. The only exception is bits of the N11 and those limits are signposted. You wont see a speed limit sign except where there is a change of limit and there isnt a change int or out of Temple Road

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that it was 60kph up until a couple of years ago when they changed it to 50kph. I was living abroad so I didn't know. I guess I'll be expecting the fine and the penalty points then :(

No worries, yes Id say youll just have to wear it. Bit mangy of them to do you for 60kph on that road, id say its a fairly typical speed along there and I know ive certainly done it myself. I presume you were stopped and ticked off by a cop? The good doughnuts must have run out in Superquinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

He said he thinks he was caught so I'm assuming it was the van. It caught me, they park it opposite maxwell motors behind the wall at the gates to the construction site so you only see it when it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

whitesands wrote: »
    He said he thinks he was caught so I'm assuming it was the van. It caught me, they park it opposite maxwell motors behind the wall at the gates to the construction site so you only see it when it's too late.

I thought they were not allowed to do that.
    I may be wrong but I thought the were not allowed to hide them behind anything where you could not see them..I know they do be on a bend where it can be too late but like the guards were not allowed to hide behind bus stop or such anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Speed traps are also regularly in place on the Rock Road in both directions and often at night. The Dublin bound one is normally at the bus shelter just after the second set of gates to Blackrock College and the Blackrock bound at the bus shelter past Carroll & Kinsella.

I didnt know you meant the bypass itself, I thought we were talking about old Temple Road past the Church into the village.

Let no guard or other bureaucrat come on and say that doing someone for 60kph there is a safety issue, pure revenue raising. Id love to see someone test their speed van policy in court, as in if it can be proven that the supposed safety hazard areas they they profess to locate the vans in, like this one, are no more dangerous than anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭OssianSmyth

The speed limit changed on Temple Hill/Road from 60 to 50 at the start of 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

This is PURELY a revenue raising exercise just like the 80, then suddenly down to 60 zone on the N4 road which looks like a motorway at Lucan.

God knows half the local population have been caught at this at one time or another, not to mention the number of Mayo/Galway motorists on their way to the airport or a match........

This also brings to mind the 50kph Dual carriageways of Galway city so it is not purely a Dublin phenomenon.

Still its a bit better than the "brain surgeons" which pass for cops in Greece and Spain and are not afraid to use their clubs to make their point.

These characters make out Buachailli in Gorm look like altar boys in comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement