Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion/ extend/ move on/ do nothing

Options
  • 11-11-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi folks a bit of advice would be welcome. About a year ago purchased 3 bed semi 90 odd sq meters, carried out refurb new heating, plumbing, drylining wiring etc. we have 2 kids and working 1 1/2 so managing. Was thinking of doing attic. Quoted for 6k to get her in stairs and steel and I would finish her off ie plaster and floor, decorate her. 10k all in conservative estimate for attic conversion. I visited neighbours house and not huge room for cost and not sure it's worth the hassle/ cost.
    Was thinking of extending on the side- knocking garage and extending back 1500mm onto the rear footpath. Needs new ground works, pp, and drains to be moved for access etc. was thinking of going up rob the second floor and joining the roof as gable ended house. Waiting for a quote but would prob need an architect for reliable quote from builder and then the messing with pp. don't have the dish for this major job but thinking of cu in the future as probably more worth while to extend the side rather than attic conversion!
    Alternative as the Missus says is to save to get the deposit for another gaff thats bigger solving our probs!

I am happy where we are but not sure it's worth the exp?
    Cheers

Advertisement