Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YLYL 4 - Embedded Music file playing?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just noticed there the last night that in You laugh you lose 4 the was a music file playing when the page opened... sort of like jungle drums and monkey noises?

Thought nothing of it there until i opened it to check what new funnies had been posted and it still seems to play?

Any reason on this?

Only happens on page 72/73?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Access wrote: »
    Hi, Just noticed there the last night that in You laugh you lose 4 the was a music file playing when the page opened... sort of like jungle drums and monkey noises?

Thought nothing of it there until i opened it to check what new funnies had been posted and it still seems to play?

Any reason on this?
    Is it an advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Nope.

Access wrote: »
    Nope.
    What Page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Have this too, it's annoying. Someone who knows about this ****, sort it out please.

Strange... was page 72/73 but doesn't seem to be there now the last few times i refreshed.

:confused:

Deffo dont have any other page open in backround or any programs or videos etc.

• Advertisement

Now it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a stupid add for Turkey Island, strange as I have ads stopped.

Spiritual wrote: »
    It's a stupid add for Turkey Island, strange as I have ads stopped.
    You should pm a link of the ad to Boards.ie Nicola

Could well be turkey island... but i had ads muted so didnt think it could override it?

Doesnt seem to have any animation though that i can see?

Just spotted on sys - feedback - Re-introduction of Banner Ads (post #232) the turkey island ad was brought up already... hopefully we wont get bombarded with animation and sound banner ads on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,490 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its the turkey ad, it just started on mine without my request - you have to actually click 'play' but it turned itself on.

Edit - I just went and found it and it opened automatically, so I muted it, refreshed, it came up again and started again. Looks like you will have to switch it off any time it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

I haven't seen any banner ad, I am of course using a free ad blocking software "Ad block" and tracking software "ghostery" ........... for the exact reason of noisy ads and other S4173 that was appearing on some other forums I suscribe to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

being dealt with as we speak...

closing this thread as banner ads already has a large thread and this particular ad has another thread all of its own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement