Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for small jobs! How much?

• 11-11-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi all,

Like many newly qualified architectural technicans / technologists, i have failed to find arch work since coming out of college.

However through word of mouth from my friends, im getting a few jobs like small kitchen extensions, internal layout alterations etc, things that dont require planning.

I am completely lost regarding what to charge people for drawings. So i thought i'd leave a thread to see what other arch techs charge etc.

PM me please, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I think its the same with all work.... what do YOU want to make per hour?? if its friends and family it is obviously going to be a bit cheaper then a proper contract and will also be a learning curve compared to just working in an office for someone or doing projects in uni. Start off cheap as a "one off" thing then if people want more the price can go up and the first job could been deemed as just a favour.

I don't do architecture myself but do a lot of design work and do a lot of drafting (from a carpentry background) and have found doing the first jobs cheaper even if you make 100 euro to draft up a kitchen and it takes you a few hours, its more money then you would have had and will probably be drawn whilst sitting at home on the sofa in the evening when you typically wouldn't be making money anyway and most times leads to repeat business or a good recommendation.

Hope this might help the slightest,
    regards,
    Steven Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 professorA

Thanks a million Steven for your reply, will definitley take on board your advice! Cheers!

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

So would you be able to do a design/drawing for an attic conversion?

how much would that cost?

I do actually need one done but it might give you an idea of figures if others coment a rough guesstimate.

Advertisement