Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dinner in castlebar

Options
  • 11-11-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there.
    travelling to gift grub in TF castlebar , wondering where to go for a bite to eat before hand . Heard Cafe Rua is good but I expect it closes at 6 pm.

regards
    Kate

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've had good experiences in An Carraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kate156

Many thanks Oscar , I will check it out on the web

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i have heard good reports about the food in http://www.harlequinhotelcastlebar.ie which is beside the tfroyal theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

An Carraig no longer there, it is now called the Voyage (i think)
    +1 on the Harlequin. Also Seasons on main street is getting good reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I was in the Voyage 2 weeks ago, fabulous food and efficent friendly staff & management. Now my Restaurant of choice in Castlebar. Also a very attractive early bird Menu. Enjoy, was at Gift Grub in TF also earlier in year great show!

www.thevoyagerestaurant.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

Seasons at Mulroys on Main St are offering a delicious pre-theatre menu-2 courses for €15. Great value! I was there last night before Des Bishop and it was FAB! Highly recommend. Great choice of starters & mains. House wine is great too.
    I would also recommend The Voyage.
    Bar One if you want somewhere more casual.
    Hope you enjoy the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mulroys for pub grub on Main Street also good

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Sam Adams, Linenhall Street, have tried this twice in the last two times I've been to Castlebar, most recently on Saturday.

Gorgeous dinner both times, creamy potatoes, moist Turkey & ham, (previously I had the roast lamb, my wife had fajitas), turnips & carrots that had those old flavors... really scrumptious food. :p

They also ask if you like water, or with miwadi.. nice touch, rather than pushing drinks on you..

We had one dessert between us, more than sufficient after the meal & very nice coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

+1 for Sam Adams. A good safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

+1 for Sam Adams, have also eaten at the Harlequin and enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

The Moorings on Linenhall St is also very nice. They are in the premises previously occupied by Portofino Italian. They are only there about 2 months so no website yet but their contact details can be found here - http://the-moorings.restaurants.castlebar-mayo.tel/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Roger The Alien 1974

Another +1 on the Harlequin - been there a couple of times, both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Bar1 is by far the best food AMAZING :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bar one is excellent food, i agree, shame they dont do food on sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolabear

i really enjoy the food in Cox's restaurant on tucker street, they do that "steak on a stone" its amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Cox's used to be good, but has gone downhill the last few years. Went there after receiving a gift voucher last year and the food was barely edible. Unless there has been a change in the last few months it is well worth avoiding.

Advertisement