Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

new question maybe?

chemistry: give 2 limitations to Bohr's theory

It only worked well for Hydrogen atoms and it did not account for the discovery of atomic orbitals

Biology: What is blood pressure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

0mega wrote: »
    It only worked well for Hydrogen atoms and it did not account for the discovery of atomic orbitals

Biology: What is blood pressure?

It is the pressure exerted by the blood on the inner walls of the arteries, being relative to the elasticity and diameter of the vessels and the force of the heartbeat.

Biology: Name the different types of teeth and state their individual functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

HugsiePie wrote: »
    It is the pressure exerted by the blood on the inner walls of the arteries, being relative to the elasticity and diameter of the vessels and the force of the heartbeat.

Biology: Name the different types of teeth and state their individual functions.

incisors: to cut and bite food
    canines: to tear food
    premolars: to crush and grind food
    molars: crush and grind

maths: how do you find the centre of a circle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Apocladagr0

incisors: to cut and bite food
    canines: to tear food
    premolars: to crush and grind food
    molars: crush and grind

maths: how do you find the centre of a circle?

Draw any two chords and their perpendicular bisectors. Their point of intersection will be the centre.

Physics: What is "Snell's Window"?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Draw any two chords and their perpendicular bisectors. Their point of intersection will be the centre.

Physics: What is "Snell's Window"?

A light phenomenon caused by refraction where an underwater observer only sees the surface above them through a circle of light.

Physics: State Newtons 3 laws of motion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    A light phenomenon caused by refraction where an underwater observer only sees the surface above them through a circle of light.

Physics: State Newtons 3 laws of motion

1. If an object is stationary or moving with constant veloctiy, it will remain doing so unless an external force acts on it.
    2.If an external force acts on a body the rate of change of momentum is directionaly proportional to the force that caused it and takes place in the direction of that force
    3. If body A exerts a force on body B then body B will exert and equal but opposite force on body A. i.e Action and reaction are equal but opposite

Chemistry: what is auto catalysis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

1. If an object is stationary or moving with constant veloctiy, it will remain doing so unless an external force acts on it.
    2.If an external force acts on a body the rate of change of momentum is directionaly proportional to the force that caused it and takes place in the direction of that force
    3. If body A exerts a force on body B then body B will exert and equal but opposite force on body A. i.e Action and reaction are equal but opposite

Chemistry: what is auto catalysis ?

When one or more of the products of the reaction catalyses the reaction.
    Chemistry: Define heat of neutralisation

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ella.cole

When one or more of the products of the reaction catalyses the reaction.
    Chemistry: Define heat of neutralisation

The heat change that occurs when one mole of H+ ions from an acid reacts with one mole of OH- ions from an alkali.

Physics: State Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

ella.cole wrote: »
    The heat change that occurs when one mole of H+ ions from an acid reacts with one mole of OH- ions from an alkali.

Physics: State Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction.

When a coil enters a magnetic field, an EMF is induced in the coil. Probably not the right wording of it but it'll do..

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    When a coil enters a magnetic field, an EMF is induced in the coil. Probably not the right wording of it but it'll do..

your question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

your question?

Describe a multi-run weld (Engineering)

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Describe a multi-run weld (Engineering)

new question:

english: In one of your studied poets, give an example of

1) ordinary language
    2) vivid description
    3) deep reflection

new question:

english: In one of your studied poets, give an example of

1) ordinary language
    2) vivid description
    3) deep reflection

new question:

chemistry: what is dative covalent bonding and give an example

This thread is slowly fading away... c'mon people lets get it up and running again!

fresh start

question:

Biology: what is meant by a selectively permeable membrane and name 2 places in cell where there is one.

This thread is slowly fading away... c'mon people lets get it up and running again!

fresh start

question:

Biology: what is meant by a selectively permeable membrane and name 2 places in cell where there is one.
    Membranes that allow certain molecules to freely travel in and out but not all.
    Uhh examples..cell membranes and.......tonoplast?

If I'm right, fire away the next question. I can't think of any :)

Membranes that allow certain molecules to freely travel in and out but not all.
    Uhh examples..cell membranes and.......tonoplast?

If I'm right, fire away the next question. I can't think of any :)

I meant to say 2 places where one is found e.g. the nuclear membrane :)

okies emmm
    maths:

how do you find the circumcircle of a triangle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

fresh start

question:

Allows some substances in and blocks others found around the cell, the nucleus and the mitochondria.

Physics: what is mutual induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Whoops didn't see there was another page and just answered the one on the last page :L

So what's the current question?

So what's the current question?

The last question.

'Physics: what is mutual induction'

• Advertisement

The last question.

'Physics: what is mutual induction'
    *Sigh* don't do physics unfortunately :(

Physics: what is mutual induction

I haven't got to electricity yet but nobody seems to know so I'll have a crack at it :pac:

A change in electric current in one circuit producing an induced electromotive force in a nearby circuit.

If right, Physics: Explain 'resonance'
    *Sigh* don't do physics unfortunately :(

Boo you Hugsie :) I told you it's amazing :pac:

I haven't got to electricity yet but nobody seems to know so I'll have a crack at it :pac:

A change in electric current in one circuit producing an induced electromotive force in a nearby circuit.

If right, Physics: Explain 'resonance'

Boo you Hugsie :) I told you it's amazing :pac:
    The increase in amplitude of oscillation of an electric or mechanical system exposed to a periodic force whose frequency is equal or very close to the natural undamped frequency of the system. OR
    A subatomic particle lasting too short a time to be observed directly. The existence of such particles is usually inferred from a peak in the energy distribution of its decay products. BAM!!!!!!!! (I actually don't know if that's right ......sure you can't trust everything you read on the Internet ;)). Biology: Give the definition for eutrophication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

The increase in amplitude of oscillation of an electric or mechanical system exposed to a periodic force whose frequency is equal or very close to the natural undamped frequency of the system. OR
    A subatomic particle lasting too short a time to be observed directly. The existence of such particles is usually inferred from a peak in the energy distribution of its decay products. BAM!!!!!!!! (I actually don't know if that's right ......sure you can't trust everything you read on the Internet ;)). Biology: Give the definition for eutrophication.

The addition of harmful nutrients to rivers or lakes. These nutrients involve nitrates and phosphate. They lead to algal bloom with depletes oxygen concentration of the water in the river/lake, etc.

Biology: Define active transport

Sunny!! wrote: »
    The addition of harmful nutrients to rivers or lakes. These nutrients involve nitrates and phosphate. They lead to algal bloom with depletes oxygen concentration of the water in the river/lake, etc.

Biology: Define active transport

This is the movement of a substance from its area of low concentration to its area of high concentration. Energy is required.

chemistry: define electronegativity

This is the movement of a substance from its area of low concentration to its area of high concentration. Energy is required.

chemistry: define electronegativity

This is the relative force of attraction between the atom of a molecule and the shared pair of electrons in a covalent bond.

Chemistry: State Aufbau's Principle

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Sunny!! wrote: »
    This is the relative force of attraction between the atom of a molecule and the shared pair of electrons in a covalent bond.

Chemistry: State Aufbau's Principle

The Aufbau principle states that when building the electorn configuration of an atom in its ground state, electrons occupy the lowest available energy level first

Chemistry: What contribution did Mosely make to the modern periodic table?

Chemistry everywhere :(

I feel left out now

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

The Aufbau principle states that when building the electorn configuration of an atom in its ground state, electrons occupy the lowest available energy level first

Chemistry: What contribution did Mosely make to the modern periodic table?
    He arranged element in order of increasing atomic weight ,thus every element falls naturally into its correct group

Biology: Name 3 ways the alveoli are adapted for gaseous exchange.

• Advertisement

Sucette! wrote: »
    He arranged element in order of increasing atomic weight ,thus every element falls naturally into its correct group

Biology: Name 3 ways the alveoli are adapted for gaseous exchange.

-moist
    -numerous
    - once cell thick

Biology: In which way do red blood cells differ from other cells of the body (example cheek cell)?

Advertisement