Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STUDENT NEEDS HELP!!

Options
  • 11-11-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi there,
    So I am currently a leaving cert student and I plan to go to New York for three months after I complete my leaving cert. I am just wondering how would one go about obtaining a three month visa and I am also looking for a job so if anybody has any connections or websites that contain jobs in New York please let me know.
    Your help is greatly appreciated (:
    Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Good news: you can go for 3 months without a visa.

Bad news: there is no 3 month working visa, and none for those who have just finished school.

You can visit, but you will not be able to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, do you plan on going to college after you have done your Leaving Cert? If you do, you can apply for a J1 visa for the summer of 2014. That will allow you to live and work in the US for 3 months, but you MUST be enrolled in full time third level education to avail of it. There are no work visas available for school leavers & nothing that you can avail of for the summer of 2013.

If you are over the age of 18, you can go to the US for 3 months on holiday, just like all other Irish people can do, but you can not legally work while you are there.

Advertisement