Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest baubles??

Options
  • 11-11-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked already but I did a search and didn't find anything! I'm looking for the cheapest baubles on the High Street to make bauble wreaths with. Outside Dublin so please don't say IKEA :). Just wondering if anyone has noticed any really good value out there?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mackes wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already but I did a search and didn't find anything! I'm looking for the cheapest baubles on the High Street to make bauble wreaths with. Outside Dublin so please don't say IKEA :). Just wondering if anyone has noticed any really good value out there?

Dealz or any of the Eurogiant or Euro2 shops.

You will also get large plastic tubs of them on the cheap in Homestore & More and also Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

Great - thanks for the replies. Going out tomorrow to have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Either Lidl or Aldi have them on the special buys this week - can't remember which!
    +1 on the penneys suggestion too; they've great stuff

5 euro for a large plastic box of baubales in Homebase.

many colours to choose from.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If anyone sees any nice purple christmas tree decorations can you let me know please?

I have seen a box with purple and silver in argos, but I want a purple and gold theme, not silver! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I'm gonna go for Penneys too. Can't beat them for value imo.

3 euro 40 cents for 30 round and dome shaped baubles in Tesco.

red,purple,gold and silver colours to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Posy wrote: »
    If anyone sees any nice purple christmas tree decorations can you let me know please?

I have seen a box with purple and silver in argos, but I want a purple and gold theme, not silver! :pac:

I saw purple in B&Q!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

So a bit of an update on the baubles. Bought some in Tesco, Penneys and Dealz to make the wreath and see what ones were the best quality as well as value for money and I would have to say the Penneys ones were the strongest. The Tesco ones had some colour imperfections and the Dealz caps were not really up to being strung on a wire and broke a lot. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Advertisement