Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to convert a VHS Video to DVD

Options
  • 11-11-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a business in Galway that converts old VHS tapes into DVDs or movie files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Anyone know a business in Galway that converts old VHS tapes into DVDs or movie files?
    There is a shop at the top of Dominick Street that has a sign in the window advertising this service. https://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.271373,-9.056854&spn=0.018093,0.052314&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.271277,-9.056882&panoid=PG3gmmgF5hSwNLMReVt9bw&cbp=12,291.28,,1,18.52

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's an ad in the Advertiser under Video in the Classified section, but can't find it in the online edition. Some chap in the Eyre Sq Centre doing cine to DVD etc, could be worth trying. Haven't used him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

O'Connors have an ad in the Advertiser each week advertising this service.

http://www.oconnors.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Check out BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE beside the Crane Bar.
    There is a mini Super 8 festival coming up shortly (not sure when but it's in the next couple of weeks) and they are involved/sponsoring it.
    Part of it is converting old films to current formats so I presume whoever is doing it would probably be able to do video stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Red Pepper wrote: »

If you only have a few videos (less than 10) to copy, go to one of the businesses advertised. If you have any more than 10, you may be better off considering buying a VHS-DVD recorder. There are a few around argos, pixmania and others should have them, the local shops may/may not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

I know a guy who does that, lives near Claregalway and has a website (google "video 2 dvd galway"). Good work and discounts when lots of tapes, it might be worth calling him for a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

keady's,up beside early learning centre in eyre square centre,i got few transferred there a few years back.good job,priced ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Fahy photo on the end of Shop St./start of High Street does it! I got it done there!

Advertisement