Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco at Liffey Valley

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ArthurG wrote: »
    Passed by last night. It looks enormous - Maynooth scale I'd imagine. I'm guessing its still a shell though, so a while before it'll be open.

Yep it'll be one of the Tesco Extra stores. Same size as Maynooth.
    I read somewhere it's due to open by next Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It will be a Tesco Extra but I don't think it will be anywhere near the size of the one in Maynooth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

unkel wrote: »
    It will be a Tesco Extra but I don't think it will be anywhere near the size of the one in Maynooth.
    It's got the same sort of ramp so should be plenty big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The ramp has to be that size to take trucks weight regardless of how big the store is; but I'd imagine it'll be similar size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has the Tesco store at Liffey Valley opened yet?

If not anyone know when it is due to open?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Has the Tesco store at Liffey Valley opened yet?

If not anyone know when it is due to open?

Easter apparently.

As an aside, it looks like Head in Liffey Valley has closed.
    Shutters were down today with a notice saying "closed on Jan 4th for stock take"
    Well today was the 7th and it was still closed and it looked like every bit of stock had been removed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Last i heard was Easter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Still no public transport options within the centre so.

Thinking of my elderly aunt who travels everywhere on her bus pass with the oul shopping trolley. Not a chance she can go to the new Tesco, no more than she can get to Argos up there either.

Often wondered why even a shuttle bus around the place was not mentioned as part of the planning permission.

But it's not an option apparently for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Isn't there a bus stop near the cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Hope they'll operate the click & collect.

Never tried it, but like the idea of doing the shopping online and collect on the way home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

I'd be very surprised if they don't have click & collect.

I'd also be surprised if they don't have scan as you shop, which is super handy when you're doing the shop yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

ArthurG wrote: »
    Isn't there a bus stop near the cinema?

There is, but it might be too much of a jaunt for an OAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Heroditas wrote: »

As an aside, it looks like Head in Liffey Valley has closed.
    Shutters were down today with a notice saying "closed on Jan 4th for stock take"
    Well today was the 7th and it was still closed and it looked like every bit of stock had been removed...

Yes, Head closed all stores for good on the 4th Jan, company gone into liquidation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very sly shutting straight away after Christmas having taken the Christmas voucher money from people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would really hope people have stopped giving gift vouchers after the series of early January failures; particularly for smaller shops

They aren't clever presents, just give cash.

From the Head website:

"If you have any unredeemed gift vouchers from the Head stores and wish to make a claim as a creditor to Head then you will need to send the original vouchers with a covering letter stating your claim to the liquidator. Their address is Wilder Coe, Oxford House, Caxton Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire. SG1 2XD"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I don't actually like Tesco going to Liffey Valley as it adds nothing to the shopping centre. There is no link up from the shopping centre to Tesco even.

Would be ten times better if Liffey Valley itself had expanded out that way and improve the shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I don't actually like Tesco going to Liffey Valley as it adds nothing to the shopping centre. There is no link up from the shopping centre to Tesco even.

Would be ten times better if Liffey Valley itself had expanded out that way and improve the shopping centre.

I prefer where it's going to be honest. Means that I don't have to go near the craziness of the main centre (traffic-wise).

Also, could you imagine the main centre and carpark with feckin' trolleys everywhere?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

me_irl wrote: »
    I prefer where it's going to be honest. Means that I don't have to go near the craziness of the main centre (traffic-wise).

Also, could you imagine the main centre and carpark with feckin' trolleys everywhere?!

Wait and you see the new traffic now!! Fonthill is a disaster already.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Outfitter for Tesco supermarkets suggested to me before Christmas that Easter was the probable start up date.

• Advertisement

Was around there the other day. Huge amont of work done, roads realigned, new roundabouts etc. Hope they have a petrol station with discounT fuel. Place looks MASSIVE.

Haven't been up there in a while - is it looking any way finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Found a rental listing for the five retail units, and the brochure says to be completed May 2018. I'd imagine they'd finish it all off before opening anything, so perhaps then.

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/commercial/25870

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Tesco opening 28th May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

It is a monster of a building taking great ship...i think a place to avoid for the first few weeks or at least shop at 7am or 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone got any pictures of it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

AMKC wrote: »
    Anyone got any pictures of it?

Here you go...

Taken Friday 4th at 5pm

Will be open 7am-11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Any petrol station?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Any petrol station?

I'm fairly sure there will be. It's a Tesco Extra. I should be around there over the weekend. I'll have a look to see if there are any more signs up.

Advertisement