Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAS IGNITER

Options
  • 11-11-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Lads, just wondering if any of you can tell me how to get the sparker on my gas heater working. Fiat Ducato 92, I've been away, and it worked fine, now it won't spark. Thanks....................................boyoh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Dudn't matter if it's a Fiat , Vw , Merc , the igniter has nothing to do with the chassis.. It's probably on a Truma s3002? Approx 18in square thing , with a round knob marked 1-10 , that you turn and push down?

Depending on the type , it's either a dead battery in the igniter , broken wires , a short to earth on the spark wire , a dead sparker , or a faulty switch . Assuming it's an electronic sparker , not piezo .

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Thanks Aidan, I'll check those things out..........................boyoh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

For what it's worth the spaker on my fridge was sparking very slowly, only every 20 or 30 seconds and fridge was a pain to light, was able to get a new one on ebay and it's working fine now, changed the switch at the same time as I has to take the whole thing appart.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Thanks again Lads, i have it working again. It was a broken wire..........boyoh

Advertisement