Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fewtinsoffroth, the light is on you!

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the grilling!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What the hell does your username mean? Can never work out what it says.

What have you got and what's your favs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Favourite artist?

Money no object, what would you get done?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Favourite genre(s) of music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

How DO they get the figs in the Fig Rolls?

What's a tracker mortgage?

What kinda movies do you like?

What is your proudest achievement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

551928_4592778223985_456096636_n.jpg
    Orim wrote: »
    What the hell does your username mean? Can never work out what it says.

Err it used to be a horrendously unfunny drinking term used when we were like 15 going bushing. Someone on the LC forum deciphered it for everybody a while ago but I can't find their post anymore :p A few tins (cans) of froth (lager)

I know :o

Orim wrote: »
    What have you got and what's your favs?

I'm actually only 18 so I only have a few tattoos, not a single piercing. My favourite is definitely my mallard. He isn't even finished being coloured completely yet, but the plan is to get a female on the inside of my other leg so it looks like they're cruising along together :p

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Favourite artist?

Probably Andy Engel, the work is consistently a super high quailty but every now and again he manages to make a portrait or something breath taking.

Here in Ireland, I love the work of Remis, Joe Deegan from Spilled ink and Angus from Awol.
    Money no object, what would you get done?

I'd get a really colourful full backpiece that's super detailed of a peacock or something :p I like bird tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Err it used to be a horrendously unfunny drinking term used when we were like 15 going bushing. Someone on the LC forum deciphered it for everybody a while ago but I can't find their post anymore :p A few tins (cans) of froth (lager)

I know :o

That makes sense when I see it like that but whenever I see it all together it looks like "few tins off roth" and I can't get that out of my head. Always made me think of someone using a pack of rothmans as coaster for their cans.

Denny M wrote: »
    Favourite genre(s) of music?

Probably hardcore punk, just. Bands like Cancer bats and Converge are my favourites I guess. But I listen to everything from Death metal through to Jpop :p I love soundscapey and ambient stuff too, and I play Piano and bass so I'm also a fan of classic rock and blues. And (some) classical music.
    How DO they get the figs in the Fig Rolls?

The roll is actually a completely natural shell of the fig I reckon, it's a conspiracy :cool: Everybody thinks they go to great effort to get the fig in the fig roll, but when you buy fig rolls you're actually just buying unshelled figs :pac:
    What's a tracker mortgage?

Ahh here I'm too young to know about that sorta thing :p All I know is that it's certainly no fun.
    What kinda movies do you like?

I'm not massive into film (I don't know why, i just never get round to seeing them) But I like thrillers like the Bourne films and I thought the new James Bond was pretty cool. I watch heaps of documentaries and have always really liked the zeitgeist films and stuff like that.

What is your proudest achievement?

I'm kinda rubbish when it comes to following stuff through, however when I was about 4 I decided I wanted to be a doctor :p I'm currently on a gap year after doing the leaving cert this Summer (the plan is I'm going to Japan for a while after chrstmas, hopefully) but next September I'll be starting med school with any luck, so yeah that, it's kinda the only thing I think I've followed through on in terms of a long term commitment, ever :p

Do you watch any of the tatt programs on TV? LA Ink, Miami Ink etc.? What's your thoughts on them?

You play instruments but are you in a band? Would you like to be?

Would you like to be rich and famous?

Do you watch any of the tatt programs on TV? LA Ink, Miami Ink etc.? What's your thoughts on them?

I used to watch them loads in the Summer, I don't have a telly anymore though :p But I always liked them, it gets a bit sickening some of the stories and the storyline they have to put into the show is just horribly pointless at times. Most of the artists are really good, although you only get to see about 2 tattoos per episode :rolleyes:
    You play instruments but are you in a band? Would you like to be?

I play piano and bass in a proggy metal band, we're recording another demo atm. When it's done I'll drop a link in the OTB thread :)

I'd love to be in heaps of bands yeah. I've always really enjoyed playing in front of people even when I was like 8 years old when our piano teacher would put on end of term concerts and we all had to play in front of all our parents :D I've been meaning to take up Sax forever, I'd love to play in a Jazz group and I also have great ambitions to try and play Cello in a University orchestra :p Living in Galway city I actually have no excuse not to play in Punk band (Punk Capital of Europe :P), but it's something I never got round to I guess.
    Would you like to be rich and famous?

Well I certainly wouldn't like to be famous, I can't even see the appeal. As for rich, well I'm one of those anti-capitalist punks so I can't imagine myself winning the lotto and keeping it all :p I work a minimum wage job in a fish factory (as I said my plan is to spend some of next year in Japan) so I guess it'd be nice not to have to work a job I completely detest when I'm older, but I hope I'm not totally apathetic when I'm older :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is bushing the Galway equivalent of knacker drinking in Dublin? ( sorry id never heard the term bushing before :))

Whats your worst bad habit? We all have them.

Favorite type of food?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Would you or have you done a skydive?

Since you like punk, have you ever heard of Operation Ivy? If so, what do you think of them?

Does it take long to get the smell of fish off of you after work? :pac:

How come you want to go to Japan for a while?

Is bushing the Galway equivalent of knacker drinking in Dublin? ( sorry id never heard the term bushing before :))

Yup you got it :p Argh what a childhood :o
    Whats your worst bad habit? We all have them.

Err I don't think I'm too bad really :p Not when it comes to annoying other people, cause I'm really picky and my housemates would tear me apart for all the slack I give them about their bad habits :p In myself I don't like that I'm a procrastinator, between boards and facebook I could literally spend hours doing something simple as writing an email and it drives me mental :p
    Favorite type of food?

Sounds odd compared to what other people would say but I could literally eat my weight in vegetables :p I don't really eat meat, but I like Sushi, and I'm pretty big into white chocolate too.
    Have you ever broken a bone?

Not a single bone, ever. Which is kinda suprising cause I used to Skate a lot and I was never any good at it.
    Would you or have you done a skydive?

I never have and it had never appealed to me at all until I'm being asked it now, but I reckon taking the previous question into account with my luck I've probably gone and jinxed myself :pac: I'm terrified of heights, but I know a couple of people who have done it and they loved it, so if you caught me on the right day I guess I might :P I'm so scared of heights I was imagining my death just writing that.

Since you like punk, have you ever heard of Operation Ivy? If so, what do you think of them?

I got the self titled album for my younger brother for his birthday, like 3 or 4 years ago! :p (I have a feeling it's their only album). I still have it on my ipod :D It's an awesome album. I always put it on when I play Tony Hawk's on my old PS2 :p

Does it take long to get the smell of fish off of you after work? :pac:

Getting the smell of fish off of me is basically the story of my life. It's not too bad though, unless you're on crab team, then forget about going out the weekend cause you need to break out the bleach and the scalding water :rolleyes:
    How come you want to go to Japan for a while?

I always had it in my head that going to Tokyo or somewhere would be like going to another planet :p But I ended up self studying Japanese for my leaving cert and I did well enough and really enjoyed it, so I kept it up. I've always wanted to travel, but then I was thinking when better to start than when I'm like 18/19 and I might aswell start in Japan :p I dunno, but studying the language beside I've always been kinda fascinated with some parts of the culture and although I've really been bothered cooking some Japanese food I'd love to eat it by the looks of it :p

I got the self titled album for my younger brother for his birthday, like 3 or 4 years ago! :p (I have a feeling it's their only album). I still have it on my ipod :D It's an awesome album. I always put it on when I play Tony Hawk's on my old PS2 :p

I always had it in my head that going to Tokyo or somewhere would be like going to another planet :p But I ended up self studying Japanese for my leaving cert and I did well enough and really enjoyed it, so I kept it up. I've always wanted to travel, but then I was thinking when better to start than when I'm like 18/19 and I might aswell start in Japan :p I dunno, but studying the language beside I've always been kinda fascinated with some parts of the culture and although I've really been bothered cooking some Japanese food I'd love to eat it by the looks of it :p

AFAIK it is their only album, as they were never signed, to my knowledge. Some morons out there, they should have been signed. :pac:

And Japanese food is wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Did you by any chance have Tomoko McDermot for Japanese?

Did you by any chance have Tomoko McDermot for Japanese?

I self studied, I've never actually had any lessons. But I know who you're talking about :p They were recommended to me, but I didn't bother cause it was really late in the year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What's your biggest guilty pleasure?

What's the best movie you've ever seen?

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and would chuck would, and should chuck wood?

Where are we going to get that much wood?

I self studied, I've never actually had any lessons. But I know who you're talking about :p They were recommended to me, but I didn't bother cause it was really late in the year anyway.

Yeah after that I remembered that she went back to Japan so you couldn't have had her. :P

What part of Galway you from?

Cuba or the Bentley?

What's your biggest guilty pleasure?

I like some pretty horrendous cheesy Jpop and electro music. Err was never any good at that question :p
    What's the best movie you've ever seen?

In terms of entertainment value it's gotta be the room :pac:

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

I actually hated the new Batman films.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and would chuck would, and should chuck wood?

Apparently it's actually about 700lbs I was told. Haven't a clue what that was based on.
    Where are we going to get that much wood?

Never been but Cork sounds like it's full of wood.

• Advertisement

What part of Galway you from?

I live in Newcastle.
    Cuba or the Bentley?

Cuba. Bentley is, errr.... Shameful stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Getting the smell of fish off of me is basically the story of my life. It's not too bad though, unless you're on crab team, then forget about going out the weekend cause you need to break out the bleach and the scalding water

Dude.. get yourself a bottle of vanilla essence... it's stronger than the smell of fish :) You'll be smelling sweet and ice creamy in no time :D

What's the dumbest thing you've done while drunk?

Do you drive? If so, would you consider yourself a good driver?

What's the dumbest thing you've done while drunk?

Oh I conquer my fear of heights no problem whilst drunk, and have jumped off many balconies and balanced my way across the walls of a couple of bridges, basically fell off of this one :( Thinking back I must have been absolutely possessed.

westport14m.jpg

I seem like a bit of an alcoholic based on this thread but I actually drink quite rarely now, y'know, now that I'm legally permitted too :p
    Do you drive? If so, would you consider yourself a good driver?

My dad has this thing about young people being able to drive, so yeah I'd say I'm a pretty good driver (for my age), he had me and my brother drifting around car parks and industrial estates when we were about 13 :p I have a license now but don't own a car and if I move anywhere for school next year it'll be to Dublin city where I'll need one even less probably so I don't think I'll be getting a car anytime soon. Owning a car has never really appealed to me the way it did to a lot of my friends in school, and they're expensive to run really (especially at my age with the insurance) so I'm in no rush :p

Cuba. Bentley is, errr.... Shameful stuff :rolleyes:

I'm away till January on work placement but the pictures alone are cringy...

the pictures alone are cringy...

I'm probably to blame for a lot of that :pac:

Thanks everybody :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Before ya go, how would you summarise your time in the well? Has it been traumatic, firghtening, exhilirating :).

It was fun, but yes traumatic, frightening, dark and despite all the posters, somehow lonely.

In no rush to return :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oops, sorry, I had my headphones on, so didn't hear your cries for help!
    :pac:
    Thanks, and don't be traipsing that we'll mud across the carpets on your way out, I've just had them cleaned!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement