Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting laptop to tv- no sound

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Having real trouble getting any sound when I do this.

I'm using a HDMI cable connecting to both the computer and the applicable pc connection in the back of the tv.

I am getting picture on the tv but no sound (just through laptop).

I've tried control panel/sounds/playback/right clicking to change the default settings, but I don't see any HDMI option

Any idea how I can rectify this?

I'm using a Dell computer

EDIT: The cable I am using is the same on both ends, not sure if its HDMI??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keith318i

i use the s-video lead and a jack connection from the earphone socket on laptop to the audio in on the tv works great for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

keith318i wrote: »
    i use the s-video lead and a jack connection from the earphone socket on laptop to the audio in on the tv works great for me

I wouldn't have a clue what those cables are to be honest

I think what I have is a VGA cable actually if its the same on both ends, thats my problem :(

HDMI looks completely different to VGA.

First of all find out what you are using. Just google for pics. Then report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

Generally, electronic devices will have female connections, while the cables are usually male on both ends.

If you go to the speaker icon on the bottom left of your screen, in the taskbar, and right click, are you give the option to choose "HDMI Out" as an output?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Generally, electronic devices will have female connections, while the cables are usually male on both ends.

If you go to the speaker icon on the bottom left of your screen, in the taskbar, and right click, are you give the option to choose "HDMI Out" as an output?

no theres no option for that

I think im using a VGA cable

I'll get a HDMI cable, thanks a million for the response

• Advertisement
Advertisement