Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    My baby has decided to drop. My butt is killing me and my bump is hard. But moving like mad. I had loads of stretchmarks with no1, but not a single new one. I am just expecting my stomach to explode, there can't be much more room there. I get the "oh you're so small and neat" the whole time. I feel massive!

Are you waddling so? I've been getting a few twinges in my bum n when I stand after sitting for a long time, the pressure is intense! I feel like the belly will explode too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    Are you waddling so? I've been getting a few twinges in my bum n when I stand after sitting for a long time, the pressure is intense! I feel like the belly will explode too :P

My son told me the other day I "walk like a puppy" didn't understand what he meant until I say a 10 week old lab puppy walking by, little body waddling side to side.

I am waddling terribly, partly because of the pressure in my bum, but what can you do. Tomorrow is 33 weeks, so not too long left :eek: I blame my walk today! :)

My son told me the other day I "walk like a puppy" didn't understand what he meant until I say a 10 week old lab puppy walking by, little body waddling side to side.

I am waddling terribly, partly because of the pressure in my bum, but what can you do. Tomorrow is 33 weeks, so not too long left :eek: I blame my walk today! :)

Awh god, a puppy is a nice way to describe it :)

I caught reflection of myself walking towards my door and i was definitely doing a heavily pregnant walk! 7 weeks! 9 weeks max! it's crazy!!

Awh god, a puppy is a nice way to describe it :)

I caught reflection of myself walking towards my door and i was definitely doing a heavily pregnant walk! 7 weeks! 9 weeks max! it's crazy!!

kids just call it as they see it. i am so nervous/excited for my scan next week. in all of my appointments the placenta has remained low so it is morethan likely still going to be low. so my dates will be set. one person said to me "sure really its 4 to 9 weeks. you're full term at 37." not sure i wanted to hear that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Yeah like there's 5 weeks in the difference there! More than double! I get "ah sure you've only a few weeks to go" yeah I do now only have a few weeks to go but have been hearing that from about 30 weeks!! Had 2months left at that stage like!!

• Advertisement

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Yeah like there's 5 weeks in the difference there! More than double! I get "ah sure you've only a few weeks to go" yeah I do now only have a few weeks to go but have been hearing that from about 30 weeks!! Had 2months left at that stage like!!

i know. 5 weeks is over a month. with anything a month is a long time difference. and if you keep thinking it is only that you won't mentally be prepared for the potential 5 weeks extra.

this time next week i will know where i stay with the scan and be waiting to talk to a doctor and get my dates more than likely.

i know. 5 weeks is over a month. with anything a month is a long time difference. and if you keep thinking it is only that you won't mentally be prepared for the potential 5 weeks extra.

this time next week i will know where i stay with the scan and be waiting to talk to a doctor and get my dates more than likely.

Are you getting a routine scan? I wish I was getting another detailed one!

Are you getting a routine scan? I wish I was getting another detailed one!

No, it is specifically to check the location of the placenta. I am sure they will check the baby's position and all that too, but it is all about the placenta. But going by the severe lack of movement anywhere but the upper half of my bump, I can guess it hasn't went far since my last check up. But still, full bladder, 34 week developed baby on it and public waiting times, it'll be fun. It'll be an endurance test!!! :D

Do u still need full bladder this late? I don't intentionally have one for a scan unless its before 12 weeks or something like that but always end up with one usually coz of waiting times!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Do u still need full bladder this late? I don't intentionally have one for a scan unless its before 12 weeks or something like that but always end up with one usually coz of waiting times!

Only for placenta checks. When I heard that I nearly cried. If I am sitting I am fine, but if I have to stand, well they can just hope I refill it before the scan!

• Advertisement

No, it is specifically to check the location of the placenta. I am sure they will check the baby's position and all that too, but it is all about the placenta. But going by the severe lack of movement anywhere but the upper half of my bump, I can guess it hasn't went far since my last check up. But still, full bladder, 34 week developed baby on it and public waiting times, it'll be fun. It'll be an endurance test!!! :D

I was told my placenta was high up, n that I'd feel most movements on the bottom but I feel the strongest kicks right up under my boobs n right down below. I feel very little around my belly button area. Can your placenta move?

Only for placenta checks. When I heard that I nearly cried. If I am sitting I am fine, but if I have to stand, well they can just hope I refill it before the scan!

Ah I get you now! Good luck with it!

I was told my placenta was high up, n that I'd feel most movements on the bottom but I feel the strongest kicks right up under my boobs n right down below. I feel very little around my belly button area. Can your placenta move?

Apparently as the uterus expands with the baby, the location of it can move with it. I didn't realise that. But it can attach to an old C-scar and stay there, which going by all the scans and check ups I have had, is more than likely what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

28 days to go

Bad bad day. 4 weeks. 4 weeks. 4 more weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Not long left now Loubian! Had app today, babys head is engaged! Making it all feel very real. Was out shopping today and saw a 'happy fathers day from bump' card. Too cheesy for OH or would it be cute? :)

Get it! That's cute :) Is there one for a grandbump? :P
    How many weeks are you? I was told i have perfected the pregnancy walk - so that must mean i'm waddling. :P everytime i get out of my seat the pressure is imense. Oh i just can't wait to finish work!

Do any of you know what your birth plan is if it's your first? The woman doing the massage asked me last night if i had a plan or was i just going to wing it! I didn't really know how to answer her.

Ah birthing plans, I don't think I have ever met a woman who actually had the exact birth they planned. It is a good idea to know what you would like though. Some women will not accept pain meds other than gas and air, some want the whole shebang. Just remember that what you plan and what happens are often different.

Though another thing I would say is tell the doc/nurse caring for you when you are in labour what you would like and don't ever let anyone dismiss it. My friend in Cork told a nurse her all natural plan and she snorted at her and said "we'll see", now my friend needed an emergency section in the end, but still snorting at her idea was horrifically rude!

Ah birthing plans, I don't think I have ever met a woman who actually had the exact birth they planned. It is a good idea to know what you would like though. Some women will not accept pain meds other than gas and air, some want the whole shebang. Just remember that what you plan and what happens are often different. This

Though another thing I would say is tell the doc/nurse caring for you when you are in labour what you would like and don't ever let anyone dismiss it. My friend in Cork told a nurse her all natural plan and she snorted at her and said "we'll see", now my friend needed an emergency section in the end, but still snorting at her idea was horrifically rude!

That's what I was thinking, after reading many stories on here, I know they dont necessarily go to plan. I have a plan for an epidural, the only reason I can think I wouldn't get one is if I get too far along too quick. I know its 99% unlikely on first pregnancies but you never know!

That's what I was thinking, after reading many stories on here, I know they dont necessarily go to plan. I have a plan for an epidural, the only reason I can think I wouldn't get one is if I get too far along too quick. I know its 99% unlikely on first pregnancies but you never know!

Just have an idea of what you want, but understand things don't always go as planned.

• Advertisement

Had a half day today and sat in the sun! Then walked around town and went to my friend's for dinner! It was nice! :) my feet and hands are swollen from the heat so I'm going to have a vold shower n relax before bed! Can't wait for the possibility :P of a lie in tomorrow ha

Loving the weather these few days, I am getting annoyed at myself for not preparing a hospital bag or anything though. I know I should, just in case, but I don't think I am fully grasping the baby is here soon :eek: Time is flying by!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Can't sleep. Soooo tired but the heat is keeping me awake. Me feet and ankles became swollen for the first time yesterday. That was weird. I literally had no ankles. My lower legs looked like tree trunks with big fat feet sticking out of the end! I ended up lying on the bed with my feet up on the wall and the fluid eventually drained away. They look like my ankles/feet again! :-)
    I think I'll go down and have some bran flakes, hopefully I'll sleep after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

:D;);)

6 weeks until due date! 4 weeks left in work. I was originally going to start my mat leave on 28th June n wish I was now, getting fed up in here! Certain things keep me going through the day, like today I know I can leave early, I would have rang in sick otherwise. Pains in bed are getting worse, finding it very difficult to sleep. I'm also quite emotional these last few days, think because the reality is sinking in. Hope everyone is getting along a bit better than I am! Can't believe in less than two months we'll all have new babies!!

Went to Tesco for shopping early, Saw some swaddling blankets and started nervous laughing hysterically! It is only starting to sink in I think! I know how you feel about the sleep, heartburn and a big belly are really annoying. What gets me is the "get as much sleep as you can now, you'll be tired soon enough" attitude people have, it's not easy to sleep now either!!! It is worth it, wait until you see her in the hospital and they hand her to you, you'll be smitten! :D

Went to Tesco for shopping early, Saw some swaddling blankets and started nervous laughing hysterically! It is only starting to sink in I think! I know how you feel about the sleep, heartburn and a big belly are really annoying. What gets me is the "get as much sleep as you can now, you'll be tired soon enough" attitude people have, it's not easy to sleep now either!!! It is worth it, wait until you see her in the hospital and they hand her to you, you'll be smitten! :D

I know, I daydream about it everyday! I can feel my body preparing for labour anyway, I get at least one bout of period like cramps a day! I haven't got the "sleep as much as you can" thankfully! I'm still being told I'm tiny! Ha! I'll have to have a look in tesco for these blankets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Just to give everyone a heads up. I was in Next earlier and the lovely guy working there told me there's a big sale on the 14th of July, starting at 5a.m. Be well worth getting up that early as most baby and children's clothes will be on sale to clear. Well that's what he told me. Happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Has anyone heard back about their maternity benefit yet? How long did it take?

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard back about their maternity benefit yet? How long did it take?

I got a letter a week after I posted saying my application has been received n that they'd let me know if it is ok. Someone told me though that they don't get back to you, they just wait until you've registered the birth n then they start sending payments! I dunno how true this is, maybe you coukd ring n ask! Think I told myself to ring this week but of course my goldfish brain forgot!

Advertisement