Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Thanks loubian! My job are making up my wages so I thought hr said I would get a letter back from the social about my benefit that I would need to give them a copy of? I was starting to panic since I've heard nothing back and I've less than 3 weeks in work now, yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I got a letter over a week ago to say mine had been approved and how much it was. my maternity leave starts next week though! I took it 4weeks before due date coz of twins.

Having a weird evening. Have been having some strange pains. Had what kind of felt like a pulled muscle on lower right side. And some BH as I thought, was trying to figure out if they were BH or d real thing. Then about 40 mins ago I got one that convinced both me and DH was the real thing and nothing since so I guess it wasn't! It was strong though, very visible and pulled muscle pain is now gone. BH getting more n more frequent now, not sure if that means anything. I'm mad for some chocolate but am afraid to eat anything as I know if I did end up going into labour, I'd have to be fasting for about 8 hours before I would be sectioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Thanks loubian! My job are making up my wages so I thought hr said I would get a letter back from the social about my benefit that I would need to give them a copy of? I was starting to panic since I've heard nothing back and I've less than 3 weeks in work now, yay!!!!

I've just less than four! Maybe give them a call to make sure, you dont wanna be chasing it up when you have a newborn to look after :) I'll put a reminder on my phone to ring tomorrow! When's your due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Yep I'm gonna give them a call this week! Im due the 15th so 5 weeks today! I can't believe how quick its been! I feel like I'm only starting to enjoy it now and really feel pregnant and it's nearly over! I'm gonna miss the bump. I like that I'm the only one that can really feel movements and hiccups etc it feels like we have this secret just the 2 of us if that makes sense??

Yep I'm gonna give them a call this week! Im due the 15th so 5 weeks today! I can't believe how quick its been! I feel like I'm only starting to enjoy it now and really feel pregnant and it's nearly over! I'm gonna miss the bump. I like that I'm the only one that can really feel movements and hiccups etc it feels like we have this secret just the 2 of us if that makes sense??

Yeah it does make sense. It's an amazing feeling feeling them kick, I always laugh when the nudges get a bit crazy coz I just wonder what she's doing in there! Like in work, or the cinema, or antenatal classes, she does be going mad n everyone is oblivious to this except me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I had an appointment this morning and the consultant told me that I'm measuring at 35 weeks. That means I'm one week ahead of schedule as I'm only 34 weeks tomorrow. Consultant said I'm heading for an 8pounder and that I'm more than likely going to go early. Reality has seriously sunk in after many months of putting labour to the back of my mind. Help eeek!!

I had an appointment this morning and the consultant told me that I'm measuring at 35 weeks. That means I'm one week ahead of schedule as I'm only 34 weeks tomorrow. Consultant said I'm heading for an 8ozer and that I'm more than likely going to go early. Reality has seriously sunk in after many months of putting labour to the back of my mind. Help eeek!!

That's exciting! :) n scary too! What hospital are you with?

Having a few pains in my abdomen today along with back pain. Lots of random pains all over my torso, its strange. A lot of movement down below too. What's it look like when your bump drops? Anyone else kind of feel a bit winded during a braxton hicks?

loubian wrote: »
    That's exciting! :) n scary too! What hospital are you with?

I'm attending the Coombe at the minute while I'm still working in Dublin but I'm having the baby in Letterkenny where I'm from. I had that appointment in Letterkenny this morning. Getting really really excited now. I had a scan this morning and the consultant confirmed that I'm having a girl and she is head down at the moment.

Having a few pains in my abdomen today along with back pain. Lots of random pains all over my torso, its strange. A lot of movement down below too. What's it look like when your bump drops? Anyone else kind of feel a bit winded during a braxton hicks?

Yeah totally, can't move when I get them now and getting them loads the last 2 days, way more than normal. The baby at the bottom has moved I think from head down to transverse so not so much pain/pressure in cervix area anymore. My blood sugar levels are a bit strange though, post meal ones are low enough. Am at GP in the morning so will mention all that to her. Since that mad "contraction" I had last night, my bump looks like it has dropped, it looks lower is all, that the "contraction" pushed the top baby down.

• Advertisement

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Yeah totally, can't move when I get them now and getting them loads the last 2 days, way more than normal. The baby at the bottom has moved I think from head down to transverse so not so much pain/pressure in cervix area anymore. My blood sugar levels are a bit strange though, post meal ones are low enough. Am at GP in the morning so will mention all that to her. Since that mad "contraction" I had last night, my bump looks like it has dropped, it looks lower is all, that the "contraction" pushed the top baby down.
    I'm feeling kicks n jabs all over although realising now, I feel them in my pelvis n sides when I'm lying down and in my pelvis and under my boobs when I'm sitting up! Do you have to keep an eye on your blood sugar levels, or is it that you feel s bit dizzy and lightheaded? I think I'm still pretty high up, baby is just getting longer!

I'm attending the Coombe at the minute while I'm still working in Dublin but I'm having the baby in Letterkenny where I'm from. I had that appointment in Letterkenny this morning. Getting really really excited now. I had a scan this morning and the consultant confirmed that I'm having a girl and she is head down at the moment.

That's great news, are you delighted? :)

I'm feeling kicks n jabs all over although realising now, I feel them in my pelvis n sides when I'm lying down and in my pelvis and under my boobs when I'm sitting up! Do you have to keep an eye on your blood sugar levels, or is it that you feel s bit dizzy and lightheaded? I think I'm still pretty high up, baby is just getting longer!

Have to check them 7 times a day.... As well as taking tablets and insulin. And REALLY watching what I eat. It'll hopefully go away as soon as these 2rascals are born! Just had one of them with a dose of hiccups, was funny! :-)

That's great news, are you delighted? :)

So happy that she's a girl and everything seems to be going well. Otherwise I would have been frantically running around the shops bringing all the girly pink stuff back lol!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Have to check them 7 times a day.... As well as taking tablets and insulin. And REALLY watching what I eat. It'll hopefully go away as soon as these 2rascals are born! Just had one of them with a dose of hiccups, was funny! :-)

It's mad how you can tell them apart! Do you think they have different personalities yet? :)

It's mad how you can tell them apart! Do you think they have different personalities yet? :)

I wouldn't know much only for I had a scan last week and one def hasn't moved, keeps jamming it's head into my side and sticks its bum out sometimes too! The other one seems quiter but I may just not b able to feel it as much. Everything is stretched to the limit in there I'd say! I'm amazed I've made it this far as I'm only 5ft tall, thought I'd have well run out of space by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Had a fantastic day yesterday, went swimming/floundering for the first time since I got pregnant. It is a lot harder to swim with a big belly pulling you down :D So nervous about tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shannonr13

nausea, morning sickness.. Etc..
    About 18 weeks I started experiencing dizziness and feeling faint and it'd happen the odd day in work and in shopping centres I'd just over heat and need to sit down straight away, but now I'm just 35 weeks and this is constant as in happening everyday. When I went to doctors before they just told me its normal its my blood pressure increasing and decreasing, but now I'm experiencing it much more and the last few days I feel less hungry and not able to eat much. Should I be worried??

Went for a walk to try ease the back pain that had kept me off work, the minute I start walking i got pains around my front n braxton hicks! When I get bh sitting or lying down, they can leave me feeling a bit winded, but same thing happens when walking! It's mad! Walk was cut short coz of the rain, I would have walked through it but I didn't have the right shoes on ha! If it stops later on, I'll head out again

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Shannonr13 wrote: »
    nausea, morning sickness.. Etc..
    About 18 weeks I started experiencing dizziness and feeling faint and it'd happen the odd day in work and in shopping centres I'd just over heat and need to sit down straight away, but now I'm just 35 weeks and this is constant as in happening everyday. When I went to doctors before they just told me its normal its my blood pressure increasing and decreasing, but now I'm experiencing it much more and the last few days I feel less hungry and not able to eat much. Should I be worried??

I was getting that a bit and then more often recently but i just assumed it was down to the warm weather..it happened at home mostly so each time I just grabbed a glass of water and sat on the floor (lol right but just incase I fainted) and after a few mins of just taking deep breaths n drinking the water I seemed to be ok. Forgot to mention it at my last docs app (baby brain overload!) but my BP has been fine at all my appointments so dont know if its due to that?

Has everyone got their bags packed?
    Any one know where Id get a few decent bras for breastfeeding? Preferably something with a bit of padding for extra protection against leakages

• Advertisement

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Has everyone got their bags packed?
    Any one know where Id get a few decent bras for breastfeeding? Preferably something with a bit of padding for extra protection against leakages

I have stuff for my bag, I just don't have a bag, n I still have a few things to get. I think I may have seen maternity bras in dunnes, but I'm not sure. That's one thing I still have to pick up for myself! It's flying in so fast, it's hard to keep track of the time!

I'd love to be able to go for a swim but there's no pools around me that are public :( its very annoying as I'm in the middle of Dublin and I love swimming! It's raining here so can't get into the sea either!

I have stuff for my bag, I just don't have a bag, n I still have a few things to get. I think I may have seen maternity bras in dunnes, but I'm not sure. That's one thing I still have to pick up for myself! It's flying in so fast, it's hard to keep track of the time!

I'd love to be able to go for a swim but there's no pools around me that are public :( its very annoying as I'm in the middle of Dublin and I love swimming! It's raining here so can't get into the sea either!

Im the same, still have a few bits to get. Finding that a lot of websites have differing amounts of stuff you need so dont really know how much to bring in terms of outfits for baby, change of pj's/nightdresses, maternity pads etc :-? Only place I've seen front opening nightdresses is Dunnes and good god they are hideous!
    Ah I tried Dunnes for the bras but no luck, saw them in Debenhams but nearly sure they were €58 each!!!

You should take a trip somewhere at the wkend. Rathmines and Clondalkin both have public pool afaik and then theres the aquatic centre too.

Im the same, still have a few bits to get. Finding that a lot of websites have differing amounts of stuff you need so dont really know how much to bring in terms of outfits for baby, change of pj's/nightdresses, maternity pads etc :-? Only place I've seen front opening nightdresses is Dunnes and good god they are hideous!
    Ah I tried Dunnes for the bras but no luck, saw them in Debenhams but nearly sure they were €58 each!!!

You should take a trip somewhere at the wkend. Rathmines and Clondalkin both have public pool afaik and then theres the aquatic centre too.

I would say mothercare have them and apparently there's a big sale in june?? Just realised the nightgown I bought doesn't open doen the front.. hmm I may have to rethink that!
    A girl in my mums work sent her her hospital list n its very good! She added a little humour to it too, it's very funny! N she even put her ghd on the list coz her hair was a bit on the wild side n she wanted rame hair for the pictures :P luckily my haur isnt like that so I won't need straighteners. If you want, you could pm me your email and I could forward the list to you?

That's a good idea actually. I might see if I can get over to the aquatic centre this weekend!

I would say mothercare have them and apparently there's a big sale in june?? Just realised the nightgown I bought doesn't open doen the front.. hmm I may have to rethink that!
    A girl in my mums work sent her her hospital list n its very good! She added a little humour to it too, it's very funny! N she even put her ghd on the list coz her hair was a bit on the wild side n she wanted rame hair for the pictures :P luckily my haur isnt like that so I won't need straighteners. If you want, you could pm me your email and I could forward the list to you?

That's a good idea actually. I might see if I can get over to the aquatic centre this weekend!

Oh i'll have to have a look! Wish ya could buy premade hospital stay bags..would be soo much easier! Yeah same with the ones I originally bought!the neck line wasnt even low enough to pull down so had to buy the ones in Dunnes as I didnt fancy stripping off everytime baby wants to be fed while im in hosp lol. Oh my GHD and hair dryer are in the bag too..the wet head look doesnt do anything for me and then when the hair drys, u would swear I had an afro..def not a good look for babys first pics! Will PM you now. Thanks :)

Oh i'll have to have a look! Wish ya could buy premade hospital stay bags..would be soo much easier! Yeah same with the ones I originally bought!the neck line wasnt even low enough to pull down so had to buy the ones in Dunnes as I didnt fancy stripping off everytime baby wants to be fed while im in hosp lol. Oh my GHD and hair dryer are in the bag too..the wet head look doesnt do anything for me and then when the hair drys, u would swear I had an afro..def not a good look for babys first pics! Will PM you now. Thanks :)

I smell a business idea!!!! That would be genius actually!

There are a few threads on here regarding hospital bags. I remember the first time I went in I hadn't a clue what to pack, it is daunting and so many women have no idea what little extras make it easier. I am really hoping my appointment tomorrow kicks my ass in gear and I sort out the bag!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I smell a business idea!!!! That would be genius actually!

There are a few threads on here regarding hospital bags. I remember the first time I went in I hadn't a clue what to pack, it is daunting and so many women have no idea what little extras make it easier. I am really hoping my appointment tomorrow kicks my ass in gear and I sort out the bag!

It could work..but so many variables..cream blue or pink for baby..size of bany..size of clothes and maternity bras for mammy always vary too..but you can steal my idea if you like :-D

I've looked through a few threads on the various sites so just trying to compile the common things then see what extras id use out of them all. How long have u left to go?

It could work..but so many variables..cream blue or pink for baby..size of bany..size of clothes and maternity bras for mammy always vary too..but you can steal my idea if you like :-D

I've looked through a few threads on the various sites so just trying to compile the common things then see what extras id use out of them all. How long have u left to go?

Tomorrow I am 34 weeks, and I am more than likely being given a date for a section. So I could have 4 or 5 weeks. :eek:

Been getting a lot of braxton hicks today, n now I'm getting period like pains. I wish I knew if it meant something or if the baby is just moving down n causing the cramps! The joys, oh the joys :)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am 34 weeks, and I am more than likely being given a date for a section. So I could have 4 or 5 weeks. :eek:

Exciting stuff! I've mine 2weeks on Friday but dunno if I will make it, feeling very off the last few days but knowing my luck its nothing! Got a sum total of about 3hrs sleep last night, snoozed for about half hour today n I'm shattered..... BH increasing last few days too. 35+4 today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

They are selling from opening nightdresses in heatons and they're actually not that bad. A little bit long for my liking but I think that's only because I'm small, they also have them in M&S and they have them in their sale section online.
    Everything is soooo expensive! We pay the final installment on our pram/buggy tomorrow. Yay! :-)

Advertisement