Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

How's everyone feeling today?

I was off yesterday mainly coz I was too tired to get out of bed, slept on and off til two :P but was getting lower back pain n menstrual cramps n had loose stools so was thinking bug. Had to go to work today, can feel my body getting fed up, my legs just ache to move, which I'm liking at the moment coz I am actually going for walks inthe evening. I was gwgetting the same paind as yesterday and was feeling pretty nauseous so rang my gp n he said to go see him. So I've an appointment tomorrow! Sitting on my ball now to try help my hips!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Bit freaked out today. not long home from a very long day with the hospital. Had a scan, baby is doing well. 34 weeks and 5 pounds already :) placenta still very low. Only 7mm from my cervix, it could move but very unlikely. have to go back in 2 weeks and they will give me a date then, getting slightly impatient now. I just want to know what is happening.

doctor told me to up my iron, they will be trying more for a section but the position is awkward and I could need a transfusion if I don't look after my iron now, so that's one hell of a motivator!

also told me to have my bag ready, he doesn't think I'll go to term. so going sorting that in the morning too. equal parts scared and comforted now oddly. knowing he/she is 5 pounds means it's a strong little thing but it's all a bit scary.

overall i feel great, no swelling, just a little heartburn, easily lived through :) small bit of backache after today but overall very good :)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Bit freaked out today. not long home from a very long day with the hospital. Had a scan, baby is doing well. 34 weeks and 5 pounds already :) placenta still very low. Only 7mm from my cervix, it could move but very unlikely. have to go back in 2 weeks and they will give me a date then, getting slightly impatient now. I just want to know what is happening.

doctor told me to up my iron, they will be trying more for a section but the position is awkward and I could need a transfusion if I don't look after my iron now, so that's one hell of a motivator!

also told me to have my bag ready, he doesn't think I'll go to term. so going sorting that in the morning too. equal parts scared and comforted now oddly. knowing he/she is 5 pounds means it's a strong little thing but it's all a bit scary.

overall i feel great, no swelling, just a little heartburn, easily lived through :) small bit of backache after today but overall very good :)

That's great that the baby is doing well! :) I dream of the doc telling me i could go any minute ha!

That's a good motivator alright to make sure your iron is ok! Had it been low all along, or was it new to hear? So you could have your baby sooner than you think? That's exciting! :) do youthink you're ready, minus the bag? :)

loubian wrote: »
    That's great that the baby is doing well! :) I dream of the doc telling me i could go any minute ha!

That's a good motivator alright to make sure your iron is ok! Had it been low all along, or was it new to hear? So you could have your baby sooner than you think? That's exciting! :) do youthink you're ready, minus the bag? :)

The iron is okay at the moment, they just want me to increase it just in case. They want me to look after myself, and I have done very well so far, no puffiness this time, I bloated so badly last time! I looked terrible, this time I have done great :D healthier eating and loads of walking I am going to put it down to :)

I feel like I have nothing done, I really need to cop on, I was hoping this appointment would be the kick in the butt I needed, so tomorrow I will force myself to get it sorted. Overall I am fairly organised, I have my son prepared but with myself, I feel I am not really mentally ready which is a little scary, I am waiting for it to hit, I really hope it happens soon :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

My iron levels are low too, I was told to start taking Galfer but it's making it harder to go to the toilet. I just noticed that my belly button has popped out too! I've also noticed some of the dreaded stretch marks starting to creep along my belly. I think I've had a big growth spurt in the last week. I can really feel that the baby doesn't have the same space to move in now but she's moving a lot but little jaunts rather than big kicks. Gonna pick up the rest of my hospital list over the weekend and get packing. Have a feeling this baby won't be hanging out in the womb for too much longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Hormones took over last night and had my first emotional break down watching Paul O Gradys for the love of dogs :P The OH got a terrible fright! I went from normal to a sobbing wreck in about 2 seconds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Oh have done that loads of times! As recently as last night! All the pain gets on top of me every so often, more frequently nowadays, and I just cry and cry and cry! My hips are so painful, I get a severe nerve pain in my bum a lot now, stops me in my tracks when walking and I often shout out in pain. I also get it sitting and lying down but not as bad. Gonna have a bath later to see if it helps. Can do even less now though. Not really able to even make dinner for us anymore or look after DS properly. He loves playing outside but can't look after him out there so he's in watching tv til DH comes home from work, another 4 or 5 hours! Poor child! Less than 2weeks to section date now but have clinic on Tuesday, maybe doc will agree to bring it forward a bit.

Got my bag for the hospital, now to pack it, am I ready??? Five weeks :O

Got my bag for the hospital, now to pack it, am I ready??? Five weeks :O

No going back once the packing is done! Went shopping today for the last bits and bobs which I need for the hospital bag. Got a few nightdresses and a dressing gown for the hospital in M&S as I had a voucher for there. Got measured for a nursing bra but they didn't have my size. Will have to wait until I get paid again to order that online and then I'll be fully ready to go into labour!! Yeah right!

just heading to bed now. not long back from Bon Jovi. I had an amazing time. not sure it is recommended for 34 week pregnant women to go to rock concerts though :o

• Advertisement

just heading to bed now. not long back from Bon Jovi. I had an amazing time. not sure it is recommended for 34 week pregnant women to go to rock concerts though :o

Glad you enjoyed it wolfpawnat! Was he good? Did you stand at the edge of the crowd?

Glad you enjoyed it wolfpawnat! Was he good? Did you stand at the edge of the crowd?

A friend knew a guy working security in the seated area so he let us in:D No one said anything then because of my huge bump. I knew this child would have it's uses :D kidding btw!!!!

It was great, music was good and people were great about giving me space. I think they were shocked when I didn't use the "I'm pregnant" excuse for the bathrooms, but rarely have I ever seen a pregnant woman actually say it. My ankles got a bit swollen last night, but I just went to bed with no socks on and relaxed and all normal again today! Now I am getting ready to steal back my little man. I haven't seen him since Thursday!!!!

A friend knew a guy working security in the seated area so he let us in:D No one said anything then because of my huge bump. I knew this child would have it's uses :D kidding btw!!!!

It was great, music was good and people were great about giving me space. I think they were shocked when I didn't use the "I'm pregnant" excuse for the bathrooms, but rarely have I ever seen a pregnant woman actually say it. My ankles got a bit swollen last night, but I just went to bed with no socks on and relaxed and all normal again today! Now I am getting ready to steal back my little man. I haven't seen him since Thursday!!!!

Haha that's great :) I've never been to slane, was the seating close to the stage?
    I haven't used the excuse yet, although I haven't had to queue much! How are your ankkes now?
    My favourite band are playing paris, leeds n london, if they'd come to Dublin, I'd be first in the queue :P

Haha that's great :) I've never been to slane, was the seating close to the stage?
    I haven't used the excuse yet, although I haven't had to queue much! How are your ankkes now?
    My favourite band are playing paris, leeds n london, if they'd come to Dublin, I'd be first in the queue :P
    Fairly close. I was near the castle itself and I could see and hear everything well. Slane is a natural amphitheatre shape so it lends itself well to concerts.

The ankles seem completely normal now so I am going to take it easy and keep an eye on them.

Sounds great :) killers are playing phoenix park on the 13th july, my original due date, wish I was brave enough to risk it haha!

Have you any plans for father's day?

Sounds great :) killers are playing phoenix park on the 13th july, my original due date, wish I was brave enough to risk it haha!

Have you any plans for father's day?

To get our little guy back from nana is the only plan so far, getting novelty pressies for daddy in town too while collecting him since daddy has decided he wants to enjoy the GAA for father's day. I have tickets to the GAA in Thurles for him for next week too, since that's when his team is playing so that will have to do him :D

There's a lot of music on in the Phoenix park this summer. I read of one mother going to a rock gig 4 days overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Hello ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping on board here ;) I've been reading the thread after just searching for July 2013 babies. I'm due 28th July with baby number one, can't wait! Have next midwife appt this Thursday and scan too ( my placenta is slightly low) so fingers crossed it has risen with the huge growth spurt baby has had in there lol. We don't know what sex baby is, all I know is I have a mini martial artist in there with the rolls & kicks! Hope you are all feeling well and don't mind me crashing the party..!

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Hello ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping on board here ;) I've been reading the thread after just searching for July 2013 babies. I'm due 28th July with baby number one, can't wait! Have next midwife appt this Thursday and scan too ( my placenta is slightly low) so fingers crossed it has risen with the huge growth spurt baby has had in there lol. We don't know what sex baby is, all I know is I have a mini martial artist in there with the rolls & kicks! Hope you are all feeling well and don't mind me crashing the party..!

You're not crashing :D Welcome and glad you are joining us. I am nearly the exact same as you, though due three days earlier (25th), low placenta and little martial artist too. :D

Phew, I have my hospital bags packed now but I'm still missing a few things and won't be able to add things like the hair dryer and make up bag until the last minute. I think I'm gonna ban pictures from the face up after I have baby in the hospital lol! I only managed to fit about 10 nappies into the bag. I hope that's enough. I also forgot that I had a bag of freebies from the Baby and Pregnancy Fair so nicked mini sudocrems and a baby towel from it. Everything is slowly coming together. Exciting stuff for us all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Welcome Bundaberg! Love the name! Would love a Bundy and diet coke right now!! ;-)

Feels weird to say it but I will have my babies by the end of next week at the latest!!!!! Clinic appt tomorrow, hubby is coming with me, he hasn't been since the 13week one, keeping all his hols from work for after they are born. Things could change after that appt, I'm in a lot of pain even just walking from bedroom to bathroom. I need to b able to look after 2little babies after they are born too, a fact I think doc forgets about sometimes!! Hoping he will move section date forward a bit, hopefully to end of this week or Monday next week. I'm 36+2 today so will b practically 37 on Friday. Can't wait to just get these little ones in my arms!! My brother's first baby was due last Sat and no sign yet! He is in Oz so we are missing out it all and he's feeling very homesick. His gf is Aussie. It's all babies in our family this year, our sister is due her 3rd in Sept! My youngest brother is happy to be the odd one out, lol!

• Advertisement

Baby is going absolutely crazy today, every time I eat it's kick after kick! She must still have room coz definitely getting stronger and more frequent! Was on the blow up ball the other night n I either pulled a muscle or baby has dropped a bit - have strong pains in my groin n thighs, feels like the bruised feeling you get after you go on a bike for the first time in ages! Anyone else have something like this?

How's everyone doing? Who has bags packed? I don't yet :P I should really get around to it! Getting pram n moses basket this weekend!

my bump has dropped significantly in the last week or two. He/she is causing me to waddle ridiculously and is pressing on my hips constantly. It's sore but a sign we are getting close. :D

I am getting weird looks daily when people ask me what I'm having and I tell them I don't know. I think everyone is finding out these days. I got a text last night from a friend telling me what she is having in October. I thought it was normal enough to not find out, I feel like the only woman who doesn't know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi All,

36 weeks for me today! :eek: I am counting down the days at this point!

Have had a mad few weeks, we moved house which was exhausting even though I didn't lift a finger! Picked up the pram, moses basket, etc. Everything is set up in the room now! Makes is very, very real! :o

Have my bags half packed but I intend on finishing them this week. Never know when this little one might decide to arrive so Id rather be safe than sorry!

2 and half weeks left in work! Im finding the walking to and from the train station is a killer so really looking forward to finishing. Would love to finish early but unless medically advised that wont be happening!

Hope everyone else is doing good :D

Nikkibikki - cant believe you'll have your babies in your arms so soon! Hope everything goes well for you :)

Can you lose your plug slowly? Noticed more discharge over the last few days n getting strong pains this evening. It's not bloody though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Can you lose your plug slowly? Noticed more discharge over the last few days n getting strong pains this evening. It's not bloody though!

Just jumping in here - when my plug went there was no blood, all went over course of an hour or two and baby arrived last July 24 hours later and over 2 weeks early

Just jumping in here - when my plug went there was no blood, all went over course of an hour or two and baby arrived last July 24 hours later and over 2 weeks early

I'd be five weeks early if this was it, so hopefully it's not! I'll keep an eye on it, if it gets heavier or the pains become worse, I'll ring the hospital!

I'd be five weeks early if this was it, so hopefully it's not! I'll keep an eye on it, if it gets heavier or the pains become worse, I'll ring the hospital!

Was actually in with consultant it happened and she said it could still take up to two weeks to progress but that it was a good sign. I had had some discharge a week before that but once the plug went I was sure what it was

I jade no pains until almost 16 hours later, 2 hours after my waters went.

Was actually in with consultant it happened and she said it could still take up to two weeks to progress but that it was a good sign. I had had some discharge a week before that but once the plug went I was sure what it was

I jade no pains until almost 16 hours later, 2 hours after my waters went.

Was your discharge somewhat normal looking?

Was your discharge somewhat normal looking?

Yep, tmi but it was like very heavy cm, and the plug itself was the same, two hours of lumpy heavy clear cm. But like I said, consultant told me it was very common to lose it weeks before actual birth

• Advertisement

Yep, tmi but it was like very heavy cm, and the plug itself was the same, two hours of lumpy heavy clear cm. But like I said, consultant told me it was very common to lose it weeks before actual birth

Ok thanks for letting me know :) mine isn't as heavy as that but ill keep an eye on it anyway :)

Advertisement