Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am not due until the later half of July and I am fit to collapse! Seriously I cannot remember feeling this big and waddly last time. I never got Braxton Hicks with no1 so they freak me out a little now :o Especially when my stomach goes rock hard, but sure, par for the course as they say. I'd say all you ladies that are near or on the 37 week mark are excited, I can't believe we are nearly there!!!

Loubian, look after yourself and keep an eye on that, when are you finishing work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I am not due until the later half of July and I am fit to collapse! Seriously I cannot remember feeling this big and waddly last time. I never got Braxton Hicks with no1 so they freak me out a little now :o Especially when my stomach goes rock hard, but sure, par for the course as they say. I'd say all you ladies that are near or on the 37 week mark are excited, I can't believe we are nearly there!!!

Loubian, look after yourself and keep an eye on that, when are you finishing work?

I finish on the fifth July! The bad thing about counting it down is thst june is flying by without me even noticing! If it wasn't my birthday this month, I don't think I'd notice it at all! I'm 35 + 2 now and I'm quite tired myself! Although I'm only home from town, shopping and getting food and apart from being warm, I feel quite energetic!
    The braxton hicks scare me too! My stomach goes rock hard as you said several times a day! The pains I'm getting too are getting that bit stronger! It's all normal though apparently, but I'll make sure to mention it to the midwife next week!
    Got a good few things for the bag - vests, nightgown, babygro, face cream for me, I got two nursing bras in debanhams for 40 euro. I figured I will be wearing them for a while so I might as well pay good for them! But 2 for 40 isnt too bad imo!

Just remembered it was actually 30 that I got the bras for because there was a sale on :)

I too have found that counting down has caused it to be nearing the end of June and I never even noticed. No1 is finished pre-school tomorrow, which I am both sad about (trying to occupy him every day all day and no break) but delighted about too (his preschool is a 20 min walk each way so I tired easily).

Glad you got a few bits, I got pj's and huge briefs last week. socks and towels now next. Also need to wash the baby clothes, they sort of freak me out they're so small.

I got maternity/feeding bras online. 2 for 11e and 7 p&p. worth 40 so very good offer. One blackand one white. Maternity bras really cost way too much IMO but what can you do?

Nearly there with work now, you must be delighted!!!

This baby knows how to use her legs! Can feel both feet kicking one after another trying to make room just under my boobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    This baby knows how to use her legs! Can feel both feet kicking one after another trying to make room just under my boobs!

Tell me about it! My baby is moving like mad. Her movement is very visible from the outside of the bump now. Thankfully the kicks and movement isn't sore like it was before. Bought the cutest pink Supergirl pjs in h&m earlier. Just couldn't resist them. Had my last antenatal class this evening, as the midwife said we're fully qualified parents now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I too have found that counting down has caused it to be nearing the end of June and I never even noticed. No1 is finished pre-school tomorrow, which I am both sad about (trying to occupy him every day all day and no break) but delighted about too (his preschool is a 20 min walk each way so I tired easily).

Glad you got a few bits, I got pj's and huge briefs last week. socks and towels now next. Also need to wash the baby clothes, they sort of freak me out they're so small.

I got maternity/feeding bras online. 2 for 11e and 7 p&p. worth 40 so very good offer. One blackand one white. Maternity bras really cost way too much IMO but what can you do?

Nearly there with work now, you must be delighted!!!

September jumping in here, hope you don't mind! :-)
    Can I ask where you got the bras? I need to get some too but I don't want to spend a fortune. There's plenty of other bits to get!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

My section date has been changed AGAIN!!! It's now Monday 1st July. I was admitted on Tuesday night to hospital and on Wednesday my consultant came around to me to say he wanted to do it on a weekday as there will be more staff on and as I am higher risk with twins, there may not be enough staff working on the Saturday. It's for my own (any my babies) good I know but it's just another 3 days of pain that I have to endure which is the annoying part!

Anyway, back to me being admitted. I was getting BH on Tues night when I was watching TV at home before I went to bed. There was a good few so after I went to bed, I said I better start timing them, have an app on my phone! From midnight to 3.30am they were fairly regular. A few in a row would be 8 or 9 mins apart, a few were 10 or 11 and there was a few that went up to about 14 mins apart but they kept on coming! So at 3.30am I woke hubby and said we gotta go get this checked out. They weren't painful as such just incredibly uncomfortable and often felt strong downwards pressure towards cervix during them. So I called labour ward to say we'd be up, called my Mam to say we were on the way to her with DS and got a few things together for him for school the next day and off we went. Typically, the contractions got less and less regular and by the time I got to hospital on the CTG, only one showed up on it and it was quite mild. They admitted me however and I had to stay Wednesday night too as my consultant didn't want me to go home without them being happy that they had stopped completely. I was checked for leaking fluid too as I was a bit wetter than normal I felt but it is just heavy discharge (sorry for TMI) All good and home yesterday thank god!! Was tough being in a room with 3 babies (and their mammies of course) I just want to have mine in my arms! :cry:

So 10 days I have left now again and these babies aren't getting any easier to carry! I'll be 38+2 that day, never thought I'd get passed 36 weeks so I'm happy that I have! All the better for babies!

Back to clinic on Tuesday for a check up. Hopefully everything will be ok. Biggest danger at this stage is fluid level and placenta function so they will be keeping an eye on that.

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got the bras? I need to get some too but I don't want to spend a fortune. There's plenty of other bits to get!
    Thanks.

This is the website I got them from on Amazon, they only have larger sizes left now, but shop around on there and if they don't have your size, you might somewhere else on there selling cheap. I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for these things :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZQFFF0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

nikkibikki wrote: »
    So 10 days I have left now again and these babies aren't getting any easier to carry! I'll be 38+2 that day, never thought I'd get passed 36 weeks so I'm happy that I have! All the better for babies!

I can only imagine what it is like with twins, with one it is a case of "I would love it all to be over" with two little ones to carry around it is no doubt even harder.

38 weeks is fantastic, it is full term. They will be nice and big. Did the hospital tell you how big they think they are? The longer they are in there the better, but still it is hard. When no1 was born I didn't see him for 12 hours (he was brought to ICU) and I was in a ward with 8 women and their babies, so I know how hard it can be :(

I think at this stage it's like that that no matter how many you are carrying!!

Yeah even my DS said to me yesterday that he didn't want me to be in hospital again until the twins are born so even he was upset that he didn't have his babies when he saw the other ones! Gosh 8 other babies!! Thank god there is only 4 to a room in Clonmel!

• Advertisement

I think at this stage it's like that that no matter how many you are carrying!!

Yeah even my DS said to me yesterday that he didn't want me to be in hospital again until the twins are born so even he was upset that he didn't have his babies when he saw the other ones! Gosh 8 other babies!! Thank god there is only 4 to a room in Clonmel!

The ward I was in had 9 beds, then there was another room attached next to it with more, but you know what, it was actually fine. I found that we all knew our own kids cries so you'd hear another baby cry and continue to snooze. It also meant going for a shower and the toilet meant there was others to keep an eye on the little one for you. My little guy hates my doctor appointments, he is convinced the baby will be in my arms coming back and gets disappointed.

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Thanks.

I got my maternity and nursing bras in M&S. I can't quite remember how much the maternity bras cost but they weren't too expensive and worth investing in for comfort. I think it's recommended that you don't get measured for nursing bras until you're 36 weeks gone. I ordered mine online earlier this week, they cost 40e but I ended up getting 30% off as there was an online sale on. It's definitely worth holding out for when there's a sale in M&S.

The ward I was in had 9 beds, then there was another room attached next to it with more, but you know what, it was actually fine. I found that we all knew our own kids cries so you'd hear another baby cry and continue to snooze. It also meant going for a shower and the toilet meant there was others to keep an eye on the little one for you. My little guy hates my doctor appointments, he is convinced the baby will be in my arms coming back and gets disappointed.

If it was just mammies and babies, it'd be grand! It's visitors really that got on my nerves when i was in, the ones that were there outside visiting hours and i trying to catch up on some sleep as i'd none the night before. Esp the one who proceeded to carry on an hour long phone call with someone when the patient chatted to her sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Lost my mucus plug this morning (sorry tmi)! Its suddenly starting to feel very real!!!!

If it was just mammies and babies, it'd be grand! It's visitors really that got on my nerves when i was in, the ones that were there outside visiting hours and i trying to catch up on some sleep as i'd none the night before. Esp the one who proceeded to carry on an hour long phone call with someone when the patient chatted to her sister.

Or the ones who leave their older kids run around to other beds and irritate people. There was one woman with two older kids who spent her time arguing with the husband while her kids ran from bed to bed trying to rob things from people. Not purses or the like, but food and what not. Very annoying.

Lost my mucus plug this morning (sorry tmi)! Its suddenly starting to feel very real!!!!

Eek! Could you be the first July baby SS???

I hope not :-D I'm not finished work till next Friday then I want at least a few days off to get all the last litte bits ready!!! Apparently nothing else could happen now for another 2 or 3 weeks! My sister had her first baby 10 days after loosing her mucus plug!

I hope not :-D I'm not finished work till next Friday then I want at least a few days off to get all the last litte bits ready!!! Apparently nothing else could happen now for another 2 or 3 weeks! My sister had her first baby 10 days after loosing her mucus plug!
    Well hopefully you get a little while to organise yourself and relax for a few days :) Hopefully it is a family trait to wait a while.

Omg! What exact date are you due? It IS only 9 days til july!!!!

Yay!!! Any chance u can get signed off now? Nothing might happen but something might!!!

Not due till the 15th so just over 3 weeks left to go! I haven't had a twinge since this morning though? I'm with the gp next week so I'll see what she says! My biggest fear is my waters breaking in work! !! I think I'd have to resign on the spot :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

For those of you stocking up Superquinn have a baby event on until the 25th, Pampers nappies are half price (they dont seem to have any newborn though but I figure they'll get used anyway) and sensitive baby wipes packs of six are €5.00.

I do love a bargain!

xalot wrote: »
    For those of you stocking up Superquinn have a baby event on until the 25th, Pampers nappies are half price (they dont seem to have any newborn though but I figure they'll get used anyway) and sensitive baby wipes packs of six are €5.00.

I do love a bargain!

That's good to know. I was in Tesco earlier and couldn't get over the price of nappies! I bought two of the jumbo size 1 boxes for 10pound each in Asda in Strabane. The same box was 17e in Tesco. It's definitely worth going up north and buying in bulk if you can.

That's good to know. I was in Tesco earlier and couldn't get over the price of nappies! I bought two of the jumbo size 1 boxes for 10pound each in Asda in Strabane. The same box was 17e in Tesco. It's definitely worth going up north and buying in bulk if you can.

My father is in Monaghan visiting my nan, he went to Newry today. Literally spent a hundred pound on different sized nappies and other bits :D

I'm going to drogheda tomorrow to look at the pram so might make the extra trip to newry to pick up few things!
    Finishing work in two weeks, can't believe it! It only felt like yesterday I was saying I've a month left! I think I'm so focused on finishing I'm kind of forgetting its because I'm going to have a baby! Even though I know she's coming!
    Still haven't packed my bag, too tired after work so will try get it done this weekend! It's my birthday and won't be doing anything ha! Sleeping! Any news anyone? I've my appointment next week, will be interesting to see what size she is!

I'm going to drogheda tomorrow to look at the pram so might make the extra trip to newry to pick up few things!
    Finishing work in two weeks, can't believe it! It only felt like yesterday I was saying I've a month left! I think I'm so focused on finishing I'm kind of forgetting its because I'm going to have a baby! Even though I know she's coming!
    Still haven't packed my bag, too tired after work so will try get it done this weekend! It's my birthday and won't be doing anything ha! Sleeping! Any news anyone? I've my appointment next week, will be interesting to see what size she is!

I have another scan and 36 week doctors appointment next week. They measured the placenta as 7mm from the cervix last time (34 week check up) and it needs to be at least 2cm to even consider natural, but my happiness to accept the c-section means they can't leave it any longer to give me a date as I will be full term the week after, so I am praying next Thursday is the day I get my date. I just want to know what the story is :(

If you have the transport, head to Newry, nappies alone make it worth the while. I have the "me" part of my bag packed. Severe lack of ability to dry clothes means I have yet to wash the baby stuff :(

Happy Birthday! It's definitely worth the extra bit of journey. Everything from baby wipes to sudocrem to soothers to cotton wool balls are much cheaper. I didn't get upstairs to look but Asda are meant to do lovely baby clothes too. Have one more week to work and then I'm on my summer holidays, I can't blooming wait :D. I have one more appointment in the Coombe on Thursday but it's with the midwife. Anytime I've seen the midwife I've never had a scan and would love to have that reassurance before I leave Dublin.

I'm going to say to the doc first can I ask questions coz last time I was rushed through my appointment so I feel like I haven't seen my baby in ages! I wonder also how my blood will be! Whether I'll still be anemic or if it's improved a bit!

So everyone is coming up to or at 36 weeks! It's crazy! Reading all the june mammies waiting, that'll be us in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

This is the website I got them from on Amazon, they only have larger sizes left now, but shop around on there and if they don't have your size, you might somewhere else on there selling cheap. I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for these things :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZQFFF0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every bra seems to be the bigger size to me! I'm only a B cup but my ribcage has expanded. Gone from a 36 to 40, really weird...
    I'll keep looking though, thanks!

Feeling a lot of pressure down below! Got the pram today, and getting the moses basket tomorrow. With all this extra stuff coming into the house, I can feel the nesting starting to settle in. I can't wait to start into the cleaning and organising!

• Advertisement

Feeling a lot of pressure atm too, but that happens me from time to time. It's pretty painful and getting worse as the days drag on. Considering that it's officially Sunday now, I've only 8 more days to go to my section! My brothers gf is currently in labour in Brisbane, poor thing is being induced and progress is very slow. Hope to have news from them soon.

Advertisement