Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Have a huge pram, car seat, moses basket, two baths, two sterilisers, a sling, a bouncy seat, nappies, clothes, stuff for me, n no energy whatsoever to put any of it away! Nesting part of me is screaming to sort it out; the other part of me is already in my pjs n ready for bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    Have a huge pram, car seat, moses basket, two baths, two sterilisers, a sling, a bouncy seat, nappies, clothes, stuff for me, n no energy whatsoever to put any of it away! Nesting part of me is screaming to sort it out; the other part of me is already in my pjs n ready for bed!

Glad you have everything sorted. You can sort them soon if you feel up to it. I am one step closer now. Had a scare last night, leaking fluid, still not sure what it was, but it was only for a minute and baby is still moving and whatnot, so I am going to keep an eye on it, but I had nothing packed for the baby, so I now have all the baby clothes washed, nappies organised and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aw I know it's hard but you should try muster up the energy to put them away and then you'll be able to relax fully. We're getting to a stage where we can't put things on the long finger or we'll be doing these things with baby in tow 8-/.
    I have another UTI and had the prescription for it for the last week! I finally collected it today, don't want to go into labour with an infection!
    What sling did you get? That's the next thing on the my list to get.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Glad you have everything sorted. You can sort them soon if you feel up to it. I am one step closer now. Had a scare last night, leaking fluid, still not sure what it was, but it was only for a minute and baby is still moving and whatnot, so I am going to keep an eye on it, but I had nothing packed for the baby, so I now have all the baby clothes washed, nappies organised and everything.

Awh no is everything ok? How do you know it was fluid? Did you ring the hospital?
    I actually was standing staring at the mess n decided to clear ut up! Got the bag packed and everything :O took out some nappies and had a little squeal over how tiny they were :D there's a few more things I need to put in but the basics are there! I'll be waiting the six weeks (4 weeks til due date n 2 overdue) to use them now! In two or so weeks, I'll take out the baby clothes n wash them!
    Hope you're ok!

Aw I know it's hard but you should try muster up the energy to put them away and then you'll be able to relax fully. We're getting to a stage where we can't put things on the long finger or we'll be doing these things with baby in tow 8-/.
    I have another UTI and had the prescription for it for the last week! I finally collected it today, don't want to go into labour with an infection!
    What sling did you get? That's the next thing on the my list to get.

As I was saying above, I actually got the mess cleared and the hospital bag packed! :P
    Sorry to hear about your uti :( are you loading up on the cranberries?
    I'm not sure what sling I got, my sister gave it to me so didnt think to look at the name!

• Advertisement

As I was saying above, I actually got the mess cleared and the hospital bag packed! :P
    Sorry to hear about your uti :( are you loading up on the cranberries?
    I'm not sure what sling I got, my sister gave it to me so didnt think to look at the name!

Aw that's great. Sorry, I reread my post and hope it didn't sound harsh! I've been putting things on the long finger myself and I know if I don't get them done now, I'll be ringing people from the delivery room to get them to do it instead!

Have a long week ahead of me. I'm moving out of my house in Dublin so have to clean that top to bottom and then drive home on Friday and get stuck in to the house up in Donegal. Have a list as long as my arm to do. Just hope the baby can stay put long enough so that I can get her new home ready. Have had a particularly hormonal weekend too, have been so sad and crying a lot. Just a bit worried about the future but I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Aw that's great. Sorry, I reread my post and hope it didn't sound harsh! I've been putting things on the long finger myself and I know if I don't get them done now, I'll be ringing people from the delivery room to get them to do it instead!

Have a long week ahead of me. I'm moving out of my house in Dublin so have to clean that top to bottom and then drive home on Friday and get stuck in to the house up in Donegal. Have a list as long as my arm to do. Just hope the baby can stay put long enough so that I can get her new home ready. Have had a particularly hormonal weekend too, have been so sad and crying a lot. Just a bit worried about the future but I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Aw no it didn't sound harsh at all! Just seemed to summon some energy n get it all done! I actually can't wait to finish work now so I can get into cleaning the house properly!

Wow! That sounds tiring, but also exciting :) damn hormones get us st the worst times don't they? Once you have everything sorted and baby is here, everything will be ok :)

Aw no it didn't sound harsh at all! Just seemed to summon some energy n get it all done! I actually can't wait to finish work now so I can get into cleaning the house properly!

Wow! That sounds tiring, but also exciting :) damn hormones get us st the worst times don't they? Once you have everything sorted and baby is here, everything will be ok :)

It's just I'm not with the babies father but he said he'd come up to Donegal and help me with the house but we've been arguing so much recently, I doubt it's the best thing to do. Just feel a bit on my own. Trying to not let it get to me but when you're pregnant you're that bit more vulnerable and helpless because you can't do as much for yourself.

Anyway like you said everything will be fine when the little babies come along. They will light up our lives no end :D

Awh no is everything ok? How do you know it was fluid? Did you ring the hospital?
    I actually was standing staring at the mess n decided to clear ut up! Got the bag packed and everything :O took out some nappies and had a little squeal over how tiny they were :D there's a few more things I need to put in but the basics are there! I'll be waiting the six weeks (4 weeks til due date n 2 overdue) to use them now! In two or so weeks, I'll take out the baby clothes n wash them!
    Hope you're ok!

Ah, the little nappies, I haven't opened the pack, I just put it in the bag. I packed a size 2, though I am not sure should I pack a 1 instead. I suppose I will buy a pack during the week and do that, it's just I don't have a pack now and I am afraid of going into labour so better to have something ready. I washed the little vesties and was squeaking at the size of them, so damn small, I am getting nervous, I am so used to my big buster!

Yes hard to think we have up to 6 weeks left, though I hope we don't!

I was in the kitchen last night and I felt a lot of fluid in my underpants, so I rushed to the bathroom and saw more leaking out, it wasn't urine, it was white-ish (very TMI, I'm sorry) it didn't smell like urine or "waters" so I am about 99% sure it was just natural vaginal fluid only that my body made too much at once as happens during pregnancy. AGAIN HORMONES :mad: Seriously evil stuff.

I had loads of Braxton Hicks last night so since it was late, I put a towel on my bed as well as one of my son's "bed wetting mats" that I have in case he ever has an accident and decided it wasn't worth calling the hospital about. I think I did the right thing, I know they would have suggested I come in to check and since it was so late I didn't want to. Selfish I know, but nothing felt wrong, so I went with my gut.

I know whst you mean about calling the hospital! They say we have a mothers instinct, n at times when I was just a little uncertain n they kept me in all afternoon even though I knew that things were more than likely ok, it's exhausting, so yeah I know what you mean! Just keep an eye on it! I noticed I have more fluid if I'm rushing around and am quite hot! (Tmi)

Went through the namebook and I've three names as backups in case my first choice doesn't work!

• Advertisement

I know whst you mean about calling the hospital! They say we have a mothers instinct, n at times when I was just a little uncertain n they kept me in all afternoon even though I knew that things were more than likely ok, it's exhausting, so yeah I know what you mean! Just keep an eye on it! I noticed I have more fluid if I'm rushing around and am quite hot! (Tmi)

Went through the namebook and I've three names as backups in case my first choice doesn't work!

Ah!!! Can I ask what they are? I am so nosy! I gave the names to the OH, I can't name a gerbil let alone a human child!

Ah!!! Can I ask what they are? I am so nosy! I gave the names to the OH, I can't name a gerbil let alone a human child!

Annabelle is my first choice n I'm very much sticking with that name! But JUST in case she doesn't suit it, I've Heather, Eva and Ailish! Oh and Dawn! 4 backups!!

I originally packed a big packet of size 2 nappies in my hospital bag but they were taking up too much space in the bag. I was in Tesco and the pampers size 1 nappies are on sale at the mo. I got a packet of 25 for 3.23e and the pack fits my bag much better. They fit up to 11 pound babies! Y'know the sort of babies that will come out with teeth!

I'm going to have to to double check what size nappies I have! I was too excited by the size!!

Annabelle is my first choice n I'm very much sticking with that name! But JUST in case she doesn't suit it,

Oh lovely, and not very common. :) Always good to have a back-up too :D

I originally packed a big packet of size 2 nappies in my hospital bag but they were taking up too much space in the bag. I was in Tesco and the pampers size 1 nappies are on sale at the mo. I got a packet of 25 for 3.23e and the pack fits my bag much better. They fit up to 11 pound babies! Y'know the sort of babies that will come out with teeth!

Yeah I know one that had a tooth and was a 11 pounder, she was a fifth child, and the last I might add!!! Wow, 3.25, getting a pack tomorrow so, that is fantastic value!

Yeah I know one that had a tooth and was a 11 pounder, she was a fifth child, and the last I might add!!! Wow, 3.25, getting a pack tomorrow so, that is fantastic value!

Lol, I thought that babies like that were a myth! Yeah those packs are great value, have 33% off the RRP. They're worth stocking up on, be handy if you're going anywhere too as they don't take up too much space.

Lol, I thought that babies like that were a myth! Yeah those packs are great value, have 33% off the RRP. They're worth stocking up on, be handy if you're going anywhere too as they don't take up too much space.

Especially since most babies, especially firsts are the 6-8 pound range so the 1's will last a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Just finished my last Monday in work until next year!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

You're not crashing :D Welcome and glad you are joining us. I am nearly the exact same as you, though due three days earlier (25th), low placenta and little martial artist too. :D

Hi Wolfpawnat! Thanks for the welcome :) how have you been feeling? Are they scanning you to monitor the placenta? Scan last week showed baby's head was at the level of end of placenta so they seemed happy, but will need another scan to make sure the head has cleared the end of it at next appt. definitely feeling achy and more pressure down low now! Feet are launching their daily attack on my poor ribs lol ;)

• Advertisement

Just finished my last Monday in work until next year!!!:D:D:D:D

It's a great feeling isn't it! I work as a nurse in the hospital and the long days were killing me so I finished up this week too :D I can't get my head around the fact that I won't be working til next year!

Criminal minds distracting me from punches and kicks in the gut :D
    Braxton hicks going crazy tonight!

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Hi Wolfpawnat! Thanks for the welcome :) how have you been feeling? Are they scanning you to monitor the placenta? Scan last week showed baby's head was at the level of end of placenta so they seemed happy, but will need another scan to make sure the head has cleared the end of it at next appt. definitely feeling achy and more pressure down low now! Feet are launching their daily attack on my poor ribs lol ;)

I have had 4 scans already and a 5th this Friday, they are keeping a very close eye on me. The placenta is 7mm from the cervix and baby is head down and leaning against it, which is good apparently, but it needs to be 2cm to even consider a natural delivery.

I find my poor stomach is beaten to a pulp constantly, I get nauseous some days because the baby is kicking mad there!!!!
    Criminal minds distracting me from punches and kicks in the gut :D
    Braxton hicks going crazy tonight!

I am getting them constantly everyday, I feel your pain :( No CM for me tonight though, I have half the new season to get through.

Just our bodies preparing for the big day! I'm trying to do my breathing exercises when I get them, but I forget a lot! :P
    I also get the kicks to the stomach! Sometimes I wish we could see in to see whst they're up to!
    You won't be disappointed! I just ordered the sex and the city boxset from amazon! It's due toarrive next week, just in time for mat leave :)

Just our bodies preparing for the big day! I'm trying to do my breathing exercises when I get them, but I forget a lot! :P
    I also get the kicks to the stomach! Sometimes I wish we could see in to see whst they're up to!
    You won't be disappointed! I just ordered the sex and the city boxset from amazon! It's due to arrive next week, just in time for mat leave :)

That's what sort of stuff you should be doing for your last part, relaxing and enjoying it. I just don't have the time these days. Can't watch CM during the day with the small man around, and daddy hates it so I am just waiting to watch them.

Eating left right and centre the last few days. And not just titbits either, 2 bowls of weetabix a day, lasagna for dinner, seriously always hungry!!!! Hopefully it is all going onto baby.

Eating left right and centre the last few days. And not just titbits either, 2 bowls of weetabix a day, lasagna for dinner, seriously always hungry!!!! Hopefully it is all going onto baby.

Me too! It hits me really quickly too- like "I need to eat NOW", so bad the other day the dogs hind legs were looking appetising... ;)

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Me too! It hits me really quickly too- like "I need to eat NOW", so bad the other day the dogs hind legs were looking appetising... ;)

Even food I hate. I have just scoffed down 7 crepes. Not even ate, scoffed down, that cannot be good. I know there is indigestion and heartburn, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'm starving the last few weeks too! Esp in the evenings! Think its coz I can't fit much in my tummy when eating so it empties pretty quickly.

5 more days left til my section now on Monday. Getting excited now! Hubby is excited about getting his holidays on Friday! He's taking 3weeks off. He's been working hard last while trying to get a few things sorted before he's off so he needs a break big time.

• Advertisement

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I'm starving the last few weeks too! Esp in the evenings! Think its coz I can't fit much in my tummy when eating so it empties pretty quickly.

5 more days left til my section now on Monday. Getting excited now! Hubby is excited about getting his holidays on Friday! He's taking 3weeks off. He's been working hard last while trying to get a few things sorted before he's off so he needs a break big time.
    eek!!! So soon, that's great. It's 38 weeks right?

Advertisement