Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    eek!!! So soon, that's great. It's 38 weeks right?

Will be 38+2 on the day! Can't wait to finally have these babies in my arms!! And to also not be pregnant or diabetic! It has been a very long road to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Will be 38+2 on the day! Can't wait to finally have these babies in my arms!! And to also not be pregnant or diabetic! It has been a very long road to get here.

That's great, 38 weeks is a good time. It's so scary to think it is nearly time. I am scared about tomorrow. They can't let me leave without a date again can they???:( It could be as close as 2 weeks or maybe 3. I am so scared/nervous/excited to be told what date my baby will be here. Did that weird you out getting a date?

That's great, 38 weeks is a good time. It's so scary to think it is nearly time. I am scared about tomorrow. They can't let me leave without a date again can they???:( It could be as close as 2 weeks or maybe 3. I am so scared/nervous/excited to be told what date my baby will be here. Did that weird you out getting a date?

Not really it settled me a bit I think, I knew they would b born by then but could possibly be born before then too! Which could still happen! Yeah I'm thrilled to have gotten this far with twins, shocked even!

Not really it settled me a bit I think, I knew they would b born by then but could possibly be born before then too! Which could still happen! Yeah I'm thrilled to have gotten this far with twins, shocked even!

It's great that you did, better for them and for you. They will be fine and healthy sized :D Yeah there is still a chance, but you know the latest will be then. I feel that way about it too. But getting the date is still sort of scary. Most people don't know when their baby will be born, I am a bit freaked out by getting dates. I'm odd, I know. :P

It's great that you did, better for them and for you. They will be fine and healthy sized :D Yeah there is still a chance, but you know the latest will be then. I feel that way about it too. But getting the date is still sort of scary. Most people don't know when their baby will be born, I am a bit freaked out by getting dates. I'm odd, I know. :P

No not at all, it does feel a bit funny!! We have only told a tiny handful of ppl like my mam, auntie and mil as I can't stand everyone knowing my business n don't want to b bombarded with texts and phone calls on the day.

The day is dragging today, tomorrow will probably be the same. Going up for pre op bloods and stuff on Fri morning and then hubby is off work for wknd so those days will hopefully fly for me! Will prob find it hard to sleep on Sunday night with nerves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

5 more days left til my section now on Monday. Getting excited now! Hubby is excited about getting his holidays on Friday! He's taking 3weeks off. He's been working hard last while trying to get a few things sorted before he's off so he needs a break big time.

Nikkibikki - how exciting! Hope everything goes well for you :)
    I must admit, Im a little jealous you get to hold your babies in 5 days time!! Im dying to meet my little one!! :)

37 weeks for me today! Finish work next Friday!!!

Had appointment on Monday and doctor put baby at 37+2 instead of 36+5 which is what I was on the day. He said it can change :confused: but not enough for them to change my due date.

Hope everyone is doing well. Not long left for us now :D:D:D

JD24 wrote: »
    Nikkibikki - how exciting! Hope everything goes well for you

Thanks hun, I know how you feel, I've been admitted 3 times and am always jealous of the mammies with their babies, I just want mine! Found it the hardest the last time (got home yesterday.)

No not at all, it does feel a bit funny!! We have only told a tiny handful of ppl like my mam, auntie and mil as I can't stand everyone knowing my business n don't want to b bombarded with texts and phone calls on the day.

The day is dragging today, tomorrow will probably be the same. Going up for pre op bloods and stuff on Fri morning and then hubby is off work for wknd so those days will hopefully fly for me! Will prob find it hard to sleep on Sunday night with nerves!

Yeah, I am telling no one except my MIL (since she is minding our son), my OH's sister (she is flying over from England) and my best friend. I don't want visitors in the hospital, it was hard enough last time, I hated being annoyed by everyone every time I got comfortable or wanted to feed the baby, people seemed so show up and annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Does anyone else feel like they could go into labour any second? I've felt huge pressure down below today and it kinda feel like I'm losing control of my bowels by the second!

Does anyone else feel like they could go into labour any second? I've felt huge pressure down below today and it kinda feel like I'm losing control of my bowels by the second!

I've felt like that on and off for a while! Loads of pressure in cervix, feels like waters might go at any second which of course they don't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I felt like this yesterday, the baby felt very low and even when i was sitting down i was uncomfortable. Walking was quite hard too! Today i don't feel it as much, only when i'm walking, but i have noticed my bump looking different. It's a very very obvious bump now, very round, and i think it has dropped a bit for sure.

When are you due? I keep forgetting everyone's dates!

loubian wrote: »
    I felt like this yesterday, the baby felt very low and even when i was sitting down i was uncomfortable. Walking was quite hard too! Today i don't feel it as much, only when i'm walking, but i have noticed my bump looking different. It's a very very obvious bump now, very round, and i think it has dropped a bit for sure.

When are you due? I keep forgetting everyone's dates!

I'm due on the 24th of July. I only have another day and a half to work. Trust my luck I'll go into labour the day my holidays start!

I'm due on the 24th of July. I only have another day and a half to work. Trust my luck I'll go into labour the day my holidays start!

Two days after me! :) I'm finishing work next Friday! Was thinking of taking a days holiday but I probably won't bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

We are all within days of each other ;) I'm due 28th July. Have been feeling lots of heaviness and dull aching around pelvis/ lower back the past week or so. Hopefully baby's head is moving lower! Trying to walk (waddle..) every day to keep active but it's so tiring. Can't believe there's only weeks til our little ones are here! I don't think it will hit me until I'm actually in the hospital lol! :D

Bundaberg wrote: »
    We are all within days of each other ;) I'm due 28th July. Have been feeling lots of heaviness and dull aching around pelvis/ lower back the past week or so. Hopefully baby's head is moving lower! Trying to walk (waddle..) every day to keep active but it's so tiring. Can't believe there's only weeks til our little ones are here! I don't think it will hit me until I'm actually in the hospital lol! :D

Me either! I keep saying I'm either in denial or totally ready! I don't feel nervous but maybe that's because I don't know what I have to be nervous about! I don't know what my labour will be like or when it will be! It's hard to get my head around the fact that it could happen at any time over the next 4-6 weeks!

Okay, so one week alone we have;

Loubian on the 22nd
    IcecreamQueen on the 24th
    Me the 25th
    Bundaberg the 28th.

This will be interesting :D. What dates are everyone else? nikkibikki obviously is going to be next Monday at the latest (so excited for you!!!)

Loubian on the 22nd
    Me the 25th
    Bundaberg the 28th.
    This
    This will be interesting :D. What dates are everyone else? nikkibikki obviously is going to be next Monday at the latest (so excited for you!!!)

Omg this makes it exciting :D

Omg this makes it exciting :D

Who will go over? Who will go early??? Ah! I am too easily excited!!!!

Who will go over? Who will go early??? Ah! I am too easily excited!!!!

Or what if the impossible happened and we all went on our due dates??? :P

Loubian on the 22nd
    Me the 25th
    Bundaberg the 28th.

This is brilliant! I wonder who'll go on date/ early/ over..! I'm preparing myself for going overdue as this is baby number one for me :D although my friend had her first baby 2 months ago and was 2 weeks early! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Or what if the impossible happened and we all went on our due dates??? :P

Here's hoping!!! ;):):D

Im due on the 17th :D

Loubian - Im finished work the same day as you, I am literally counting down the minutes of every day!!!! :D:D

Bundaberg wrote: »
    This is brilliant! I wonder who'll go on date/ early/ over..! I'm preparing myself for going overdue as this is baby number one for me :D although my friend had her first baby 2 months ago and was 2 weeks early! ;)

With our low placentas, they will more than likely look to bring us in for sections. So will it be at 38 weeks or 39??? With a first they may leave it to 39, I don't know, with this being my second, I am scared they will tell me tomorrow, "see you in 2 weeks" :eek:

JD24, you are only 5 days before loubian. Ah, I am seriously excited now.

Loubian that would set a little record were we all to go on time, part of me regrets not going to Holles Street now because a few of you are there!!!!

JD24 wrote: »
    Here's hoping!!! ;):):D

Im due on the 17th :D

Loubian - Im finished work the same day as you, I am literally counting down the minutes of every day!!!! :D:D

Me too! I'm getting the total n taking away the hours I'll be in appointments n such :P not too much when i do that :D

With our low placentas, they will more than likely look to bring us in for sections. So will it be at 38 weeks or 39??? With a first they may leave it to 39, I don't know, with this being my second, I am scared they will tell me tomorrow, "see you in 2 weeks" :eek:

JD24, you are only 5 days before loubian. Ah, I am seriously excited now.

Loubian that would set a little record were we all to go on time, part of me regrets not going to Holles Street now because a few of you are there!!!!

We should organise meet ups like the march mums have :) n we'll only be a wifi connection away!

We should organise meet ups like the march mums have :) n we'll only be a wifi connection away!

When I had my son, a load of us from around the same time (not even the same month) decided to meet up. I still see one or two regularly and am quite good friends with others on FB and what not. One of those women actually gave me a wardrobe on loan for this pregnancy, it is a great idea if that's what some people want to meet up. (I understand that many on here like their anonymity too).

So true Wolfpawnat, I will have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow! Exciting! I have next scan to check placenta 4th July so should know by then what the story is. The meet up idea sounds good, where is everyone From anyway? I'm in Waterford.

It's nice that we're all due so close together :) and that we can share the ups and downs with each other. I have my last appointment in the Coombe tomorrow and I'm also going to a breastfeeding class in the morning. I'm looking forward to it. The antenatal class touched on it but I kinda want more information to make sure that I'm doing it properly. How is everyone else planning on feeding- nursing or bottle?

I'm hoping to breastfeed, but we will obviously have to see if it will work out.

It's 11.40 and i'm still awake and not dead tired? what's happened?!

Breastfeeding is the plan for me too, but I wanted that last time as well and failed, so I was forced to rush out and get bottles and a sterilizer. This time I am ready regardless :D

• Advertisement

Ooh, and my 36week check up today. I am so nervous/excited. I hope I get the same registrar as last time (1 in 5 chance) He was great and actually spoke to me as opposed to at me!

Advertisement