Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

It's nice that we're all due so close together :) and that we can share the ups and downs with each other. I have my last appointment in the Coombe tomorrow and I'm also going to a breastfeeding class in the morning. I'm looking forward to it. The antenatal class touched on it but I kinda want more information to make sure that I'm doing it properly. How is everyone else planning on feeding- nursing or bottle?

I did the breastfeeding class in the Rotunda and I found it very helpful. Like you said, the antenatal classes touch on it but this class did everything. Well worth going to.

I plan on nursing but it all depends on baby. Im not gonna beat myself up if it doesn't work out.
    wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Ooh, and my 36week check up today. I am so nervous/excited. I hope I get the same registrar as last time (1 in 5 chance) He was great and actually spoke to me as opposed to at me!

Hope all goes well for you today wolfpawnat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Hi girls. I haven't been on for a while as I've been in and out of hospital with high BP. It's looking very likely now that I will be having a section, I see the consultant on Monday and I'm thinking I'll probably get a date from him then. It's not the way I wanted things to go but the most important thing for me is that our baby arrives safely and then that I'm safe.
    I'm wondering have any of you had a section and if so what tips do you have to keep calm during the procedure and what tips for recovery afterwards.
    It's so exciting isn't it knowing that we'll have our little bundles of joy with us very soon! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Just felt a definite foot sticking out! Got a fright coz usually the lumps are big (her bum) n this was tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

vanna wrote: »
    Hi girls. I haven't been on for a while as I've been in and out of hospital with high BP. It's looking very likely now that I will be having a section, I see the consultant on Monday and I'm thinking I'll probably get a date from him then. It's not the way I wanted things to go but the most important thing for me is that our baby arrives safely and then that I'm safe.
    I'm wondering have any of you had a section and if so what tips do you have to keep calm during the procedure and what tips for recovery afterwards.
    It's so exciting isn't it knowing that we'll have our little bundles of joy with us very soon! :-)

I'm having one next Monday Vanna and have had an emergency one before. Planned section is supposed to b much calmer than emergency and recovery easier. Arnica tablets are supposed to help with recovery. You will have plenty pain relief in hospital and I even got some from my gp when I came home too. I was on difene and was topping up with paracetemol. I'd be fairly calm anyway during the procedure (will be sh!tting it the night before!) but you could ask if they can give you something, though a valium or something may space you out a bit. Ask if you could take Rescue Remedy or something like that or if you had a hanky or something with lavender sprinkled on it to carry around with you before u go to theatre, that might work too. Or a nice relaxing back massage the day before!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

I'm hoping to breastfeed too. Fingers crossed it works out! I haven't gotten bottles or a steriliser, I'm gonna wait and see how it goes first. Maybe I'll regret saying that and end up sending poor hubby on a mad dash to the shops if it doesn't work out lol ;) good luck today wolfpawnat. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

vanna wrote: »

Vanna - hope all goes well for you. Ive had high BP since about 20 wks onwards, Ive been terrified it would develop into something more but the hospital have been keeping an eye on it and are happy enough with how things are proceeding.

All I can suggest you do is think positive, you'll have your baby in your arms very soon :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

on the phone so can't quote. Thanks for the wishes. hopefully i will get my date today.

vanna, like nikkibikki i had an emergency one before, but one thing i would suggest. nanny knickers. cheap penny's ones. they go over the scar, far more comfy. some women get these weird wrap type things for afterwards. i was looking at them on amazon yesterday, are they any good does anyone know?

on the phone so can't quote. Thanks for the wishes. hopefully i will get my date today.

vanna, like nikkibikki i had an emergency one before, but one thing i would suggest. nanny knickers. cheap penny's ones. they go over the scar, far more comfy. some women get these weird wrap type things for afterwards. i was looking at them on amazon yesterday, are they any good does anyone know?

Def second the granny knickers, and cheap ones so you can throw them out. I had heard about something alright that may help with pulling everything back but I think it will take more than that for me, lol! Have you a link to the product on amazon?

Won't be home till this evening so i will link it then. it holds everything in place and you can put in a cold pack and all in it to help recovery.

Went for my appointment, baby is doing well thank goodness. But the registrar was absolutely clueless. She was more worried about getting through people than actually dealing with those in front of her.

She argued with me about my reason for getting a section and dismissed the low placenta completely. I had to tell her what the consultant said, seeming as he is the expert and had to argue evidence based medicine with her. All afternoon here and have to come back next week since I refused to go natural without the placenta moving......cow!

• Advertisement

Oh no not good for the stress levels hun. They really hate being told what to do sometimes. Can u get a second opinion next week?

Tmi but when I went to the loo, after there was like a pool of liquid on the tissue! Very strange that it was pooled and not just soaking through the tissue.. anyway, it was sort of yellowish, very light yellow.. could it just be natural fluid? Don't think my plug would come out like that?

I never saw my plug with no1, but from what I know, isn't it supposed to be like jelly_ish?

i am trying not to cry going down the street here over that cow. upsetting me not because of medical reasons to go natural, but because she thinks I am too young.

she completely dismissed the consultant and 3 other registrars recommendations and argued against the findings of 3 scans. Seriously next week I rather wait 9 hours than deal with her again.

I never saw my plug with no1, but from what I know, isn't it supposed to be like jelly_ish?

i am trying not to cry going down the street here over that cow. upsetting me not because of medical reasons to go natural, but because she thinks I am too young.
    This
    she completely dismissed the consultant and 3 other registrars recommendations and argued against the findings of 3 scans. Seriously next week I rather wait 9 hours than deal with her again.

Yeah apparently, this was definitely too watery! Sorry for tmi! :P I am getting quite tight pains in my front though! Eeeek! Now I'm getting scared!

I hate when you gey a dismissive doctor or nurse, you wonder why they're in the field at all! Can you ring up n ask to speak to the consultant you had been dealing with? At least you know that baby is doing ok xx

Coz you're too young for a section?? Ah jeez not sure I've heard anything more ridiculous, no wonder you are pissed off hun. How old are you that you are too young for a section in her eyes?

Yeah I'd do what Loubian said, ask to speak to consultant before next weeks appt.

Loubian, I've heard of amniotic fluid being described as straw coloured. Might b no harm to be checked out.

I am 26. She was demanding to know how dilated I was with my son when I got my section, and scoffed when I didn't know. I get that this being a section means I will never be able to go natural, but there is health risks involved so to be frank i don't give a hoot, my concern is a safe delivery. I don't plan more than maybe, and I mean maybe one more. I am not asking for a section to because I don't want to push, I am being planned one for health reasons.

my scan tomorrow will sort the answer for me.

I am getting loads of cramps too loubian. I keep rushing to the bathroom to check for spotting.

She sounds like a total wagon altogether. Is consultant scanning you tomorrow?

no just a regular tech, but if it isnt over 2 and I a week from fullterm, i doubt it will change at all. it has barely moved the whole time.

everyone was rushed by her. the others were taking 5-10 min a patient, she took literally 3 with the woman before me

You know when you feel really down and it really does feel like everything is against you? Well I had that a minute ago, well ever since your one, cow! she will be my rant for the night.

i got caught in the doors of the luas a min ago and was stuck standing squahed for a while (in all fairness, it is that time of day) but I had some woman glaring at my belly as she sat in the priority seating. Fine. I never expect a seat, I'm in comfy shoes.

I never noticed the sign next to me saying to give up the seat and a pregnant woman on the sign. I was on the phone checking boards. I heard a camera phone click, someone was taking a pic of me standing next to the sign and your one glaring at me, the guy then said "Jesus Anne, I knew you were bad, but thats ignorant"

the man clearly knew her and red faced, she just jumped off the luas, I hope it was her stop. Still though, it was funny. It's cheered me up a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aw it seems to be one of those days for you. My breastfeeding class went well this morning, it ended up being 2 hours long but it wasn't what I expected. I still have a lot of questions to ask but I had to rush off because I had the appointment in the Coombe. My appt went good too, baby is head down with bum above belly button and legs akimbo on my side! She certainly takes after her Mum lol! 3 more hours to work and then I'm free! Well then 18 years of responsibility eek!

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    Just felt a definite foot sticking out! Got a fright coz usually the lumps are big (her bum) n this was tiny!

I love that, my little one sticks out their leg and you can actually nearly feel the foot, it's so small but I love it :D
    nikkibikki wrote: »
    Have you a link to the product on amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gro-Company-KB111-Caesarean/dp/B000VPH2PK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372366506&sr=8-1&keywords=caesarean+belt

This thing, it looks good. I do remember spending a lot of time holding my belly to do random things like sneeze, this apparently makes it easier.
    Aw it seems to be one of those days for you. My breastfeeding class went well this morning, it ended up being 2 hours long but it wasn't what I expected. I still have a lot of questions to ask but I had to rush off because I had the appointment in the Coombe. My appt went good too, baby is head down with bum above belly button and legs akimbo on my side! She certainly takes after her Mum lol! 3 more hours to work and then I'm free! Well then 18 years of responsibility eek!

Glad your breastfeeding class went well :) and that baby is cephalic and doing well :D

Just 3 more hours, that's great. Nice and easy I hope. Yes the 18 years thing is scary. I have no doubt even after that it is hard!

Feeling a bit more relaxed now. I am glad I argued with her and that I refused to be fobbed off even when she opened the door I stood and got everything said before walking out, but still fairly stressed. Had plenty of braxton hicks after so I was freaking I would stress myself into labour, so in a pair of maternity trackies now and sitting on the couch after a very fatty and cheesy pasta and chicken bake :) I will be dying of heartburn, but such are the sacrifices for tasty food! :D

I went to the toilet about 30 minutes ago and was bleeding a bit. Baby is still kicking though. Trying to google for answers. Any ideas what it could be?

I went to the toilet about 30 minutes ago and was bleeding a bit. Baby is still kicking though. Trying to google for answers. Any ideas what it could be?

Call the hospital immediately, it is more than likely nothing, but best to check. Bright red blood is more worrying that darker burgundy coloured.

Could b your bloody show but I'd be getting myself to hospital if I were you hun.

On no I'm chickening out here. Think I'm too scared to go to the hospital :(. I'm just not ready.

On no I'm chickening out here. Think I'm too scared to go to the hospital :(. I'm just not ready.

Better to be safe sweetie, you are 36 weeks, baby is nice and big, just get checked, there is more than likely nothing wrong.

Better to be safe sweetie, you are 36 weeks, baby is nice and big, just get checked, there is more than likely nothing wrong.

I think I'll take your advice and get my friend to take me down to the Coombe. This is my last chance to go as I'll be leaving for Donegal tomorrow.

I think I'll take your advice and get my friend to take me down to the Coombe. This is my last chance to go as I'll be leaving for Donegal tomorrow.

Do. Worst case scenario, a boring hour or two waiting around for nothing. You and baby need to be looked after, at least then you can head to Donegal knowing you are okay and not worrying.

Do. Worst case scenario, a boring hour or two waiting around for nothing. You and baby need to be looked after, at least then you can head to Donegal knowing you are okay and not worrying.

Thanks, my friend is on her way to pick me up. Probably is a false alarm but baby is number one and need to get her checked.

• Advertisement

Thanks, my friend is on her way to pick me up. Probably is a false alarm but baby is number one and need to get her checked.

BOTH of you are no1. Good luck at the hospital, I'll be thinking of you for the rest of the evening. xxx

Advertisement