Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I hate when I am alone in the apartment with the small guy. We are a ground floor one so there are a few legitimate worries for safety. But yes, I have an imagination that should really keep it's opinions to itself sometimes :(

Well I collected my son yesterday, glad to get him back, though he is overtired and filled with junk food, but I'll get him back on track again. We saw the pride parade yesterday and he loved it.

Very worried though, his nan (the dreaded MIL) has a big cardiac appointment Monday, and she hasn't been feeling well, and yesterday she fainted in Arnotts. Add that to her recent problems, and it is clear her heart is not doing well. She went back to Clare and went to the local doc who thought the same. The OH has to go down to her tomorrow to bring her to the hospital Monday. He will have to stay until at least Tuesday. I am not even arguing this, this is no ones fault. I am just freaking out with all the BH's and the baby being engaged, it really would be our luck. But someone has to go with her and better this week than next (I am fullterm on Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Can nobody else go to her? Sounds scary though. Sounds a bit like low bp, my aunt at the grand old age of 47 got a pacemaker fitted recently as she kept fainting and blacking out coz her bp would go so low and slow her heart rate. It's nothing fatal but she has missed so much work and didn't have any life over it so hope it makes a difference to her. Hope ur MIL gets on ok tomorrow. My little man was at my MIL's yesterday as well, he had a great time! Think he lived off biscuits, some fruit and cream crackers for the day but sure it won't kill him for one day!

Just spent my last night in my own bed before going into hospital to have my babies. Will miss my bed, hospital beds are not exactly comfy! I'll prob b fairly drugged up tomorrow night on pain meds so hoping to catch up on some sleep then, babies will b in special care then. Hope I don't snore too much! I tend to when I'm exhausted! I'll b able to sleep on my back AND have space to stretch my lungs to full capacity!

The day will b spent mostly getting ready for going into hospital later. Feels a bit strange planning to go in knowing babies will be born by morning time!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Can nobody else go to her? Sounds scary though. Sounds a bit like low bp, my aunt at the grand old age of 47 got a pacemaker fitted recently as she kept fainting and blacking out coz her bp would go so low and slow her heart rate. It's nothing fatal but she has missed so much work and didn't have any life over it so hope it makes a difference to her. Hope ur MIL gets on ok tomorrow. My little man was at my MIL's yesterday as well, he had a great time! Think he lived off biscuits, some fruit and cream crackers for the day but sure it won't kill him for one day!

Just spent my last night in my own bed before going into hospital to have my babies. Will miss my bed, hospital beds are not exactly comfy! I'll prob b fairly drugged up tomorrow night on pain meds so hoping to catch up on some sleep then, babies will b in special care then. Hope I don't snore too much! I tend to when I'm exhausted! I'll b able to sleep on my back AND have space to stretch my lungs to full capacity!

The day will b spent mostly getting ready for going into hospital later. Feels a bit strange planning to go in knowing babies will be born by morning time!

Sadly no one else can at such short notice. He only has one sister and she is in London. I am a small bit worried, but if something happens well then there is nothing really we can do. He is only going until Tuesday or Wednesday. He is coming back for my appointment on Thursday.

She has had a heart attack before and has had loads of stints put in. What is annoying us is her doctors told her how to stop things getting worse, you know exercise, drink loads of fluids, don't do x,y and z. Does she listen, of course not :rolleyes: Her BP went sky high, they put her on meds for that, they put her on others and clearly they have went too low now. On top of a few other things, it really isn't looking too good :(

Are you staying in the hospital tonight? I thought you'd be brought in tomorrow. It's all so exciting :D So close to having your little ones :D

Yep have to stay in tonight due to diabetes! I've just taken my last dose of insulin! Diabetes team are confident I won't have it after they are born so I can't wait to be rid of it! That's why the babies have to go to special care too, coz I've been taking insulin and they need to make sure they can regulate their own blood sugar levels without insulin. Plan is to visit Eddie Rockets on the way to hospital to get myself fed before I have to fast!

Hopefully things work out ok with your MIL. She just might need her meds adjusting, hopefully it's just something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

So excited for you nikkibikki!!! :D

wish you all the best and hope all goes smoothly :)

Cant wait to hear about the first July babies :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Yep have to stay in tonight due to diabetes! I've just taken my last dose of insulin! Diabetes team are confident I won't have it after they are born so I can't wait to be rid of it! That's why the babies have to go to special care too, coz I've been taking insulin and they need to make sure they can regulate their own blood sugar levels without insulin. Plan is to visit Eddie Rockets on the way to hospital to get myself fed before I have to fast!

Hopefully things work out ok with your MIL. She just might need her meds adjusting, hopefully it's just something like that.

Well you should go and have a great evening for yourself. Sanity would resume for a few months. Eddie Rockets is lovely, haven't been there in a while.

Thankfully gestational diabetes doesn't have a tendency to hang around after the baby is born. But it is a lot of stress for the duration of the pregnancy. Will you be bed ridden after with it or will you be able to go up to them for a while.

I can't remember whether or not you said you know what they are gender wise? So bloody excited!!!!

Hopefully this scare will be the foot in the butt she needs to look after herself better. I am hoping they will just tinker her meds and she will be back to her usual moaning groaning self. It's weird, we don't get on and we argue 90% of the time, but I am still very worried for her. I want her to be okay. But sure positive thoughts, she's like duct tape and cockroaches, she'll survive the end of the world, if only to annoy me about my cooking :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Def second the granny knickers, and cheap ones so you can throw them out. I had heard about something alright that may help with pulling everything back but I think it will take more than that for me, lol! Have you a link to the product on amazon?

Thanks girls. Only seeing these replies now. I'm hoping to get a date tomorrow.
    I have bought plenty of granny knickers and a few nightdresses as they'll probably be more comfortable. :-)

Ah it's a love hate relationship ye have so! My MIL is as placid, wouldn't say boo to a goose unless things get really really bad! We've never had a cross word! She's very laid back, she wouldn't often look to have DS but she was eager to have him yesterday so I left him off! It was good coz DH ended up helping out his Dad and bro on farm a little and I got some peace at home! FIL isn't really able for chasing after cattle and stuff anymore, he's in his late 70's but there's no telling him to take it easy!

Wow! You're going to have your little babies so soon! :-)
    Have a very relaxing day and the very best of luck for tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the great news.
    :-)

Ah it's a love hate relationship ye have so! My MIL is as placid, wouldn't say boo to a goose unless things get really really bad! We've never had a cross word! She's very laid back, she wouldn't often look to have DS but she was eager to have him yesterday so I left him off! It was good coz DH ended up helping out his Dad and bro on farm a little and I got some peace at home! FIL isn't really able for chasing after cattle and stuff anymore, he's in his late 70's but there's no telling him to take it easy!

Oh no, there is no love for me, I just don't want my son to lose his nana. They love each other and everything. I just don't like people suffering either. She is 70, not too old by modern standards and still goes off doing things for herself, sure she was planning going to her daughters in London for a few days after the baby is born and whatnot, she is always off somewhere for a day or overnight.

Well her friends are taking her out for dinner today and one of the women is bringing her to Galway tomorrow, so the OH is going to stay here. That's good because my BH's are getting bad and I would seriously be worried about going to labour with only me and the wee man here.

He is still planning to go down for the weekend next weekend, but he had that planned with ages and he is bringing the small man with him, so if I do go into labour, I just need to feed the cat and head to the hospital. Not ideal, but easily gotten over. Part of me thinks having him in a labour ward with me would be worse, I was fit to kill him last time! :D

nikkibikki, any idea what your having or did you find out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Good luck nikkibikki :D xx

Thanks girls! Xxx

No never found out the genders, will know in the morning! Just about to turn in for the night. Will update as soon as I can tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Thanks girls! Xxx

No never found out the genders, will know in the morning! Just about to turn in for the night. Will update as soon as I can tomorrow!

Aw good luck darling. Hope everything goes to plan. Keep us posted x

My last week of work, full term status and our month starting all rolled into one day. Last night I started getting really nervous about the whole situation. It's crazy! This time next month, our babies will (hopefully) all be here :O was awake til 1am this morning, so it's going to be a long day! still, it'll be one day down :) hope everyone has a good 1st july :)

Wishing you nothing but the best today nikkibikki. x

loubian, one week, nearly there :D and a max of 5 weeks left. though hopefully she will arrive a little before

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Good luck today Nikkibikki x

loubian wrote: »
    My last week of work, full term status and our month starting all rolled into one day. Last night I started getting really nervous about the whole situation. It's crazy! This time next month, our babies will (hopefully) all be here :O was awake til 1am this morning, so it's going to be a long day! still, it'll be one day down :) hope everyone has a good 1st july :)

Last week of work for me too! So far, its dragging in!!! :o

This is our month ladies! :D

Thinking of nikkibikki today :)

Oh my gosh, when I found out I was pregnant in November I thought I'd be pregnant forever. It felt like a very long pregnancy, in a good way. I've actually really enjoyed the experience for most of the time. Can't believe we're all saying we're giving birth this month, it's surreal. We're all so blessed :)

Hi ladies! I had 2boys! Gearóid and Tomás born shortly after 10am, weighing 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 4oz. All doing well! :-)

Hi ladies! I had 2boys! Gearóid and Tomás born shortly after 10am, weighing 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 4oz. All doing well! :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Absolutely delighted for you :) Hope your doing good x

This makes it all so real now, July babies are here!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

That's brilliant news Nikkibikki! Love the names.

Wow, serious hands full for you now with three boys. Heartfelt congrats :) xx

And good fine sizes too :D

Aaaahhhhh congratualtions :D:D so exciting! can't believe we've started! who will be next?!

I love the names :) had you got them picked already? :) xx

Aw a big congrats to you and your two bouncing baby boys! Lovely Irish names too. Hope mother and babies are very happy and healthy :D

That was a looooong day! Only 2.5 days left! Have had an aching pain in my legs for last two days, usually happens if I'm coming down with something. I hope that's not the case now! Boards has been quiet today! Hope nikkibikki is enjoying her babies :):)

Ahh! Congratulations. You must be so happy. X

loubian wrote: »
    That was a looooong day! Only 2.5 days left! Have had an aching pain in my legs for last two days, usually happens if I'm coming down with something. I hope that's not the case now! Boards has been quiet today! Hope nikkibikki is enjoying her babies :):)

Hopefully it's just a sign that you're tired and ready to take it easy! :-)
    The next two days will be over before you know it.
    Relax as much as you can this evening.

Today went by so quick. I'm definitely in nesting mode, trying to get the house spick and span. Gonna put my feet up for the evening now. Had a fight with the babies' father earlier, we have such a fiery relationship, I hate it. I was looking at the weather forecast, we're in for a heat wave for next week it seems. Just in time for your maternity leave Loubian ;). Be lovely to stock up on some vitamin D before the little uns arrive.

I hope you're right about the heat wave icecreamqueen.

Stressed a bit today, but as usual, when I get stressed, housework gets done. It was the tiny jobs like cleaning out the DVD's, hoovering behind the couches and what not. So it doesn't look like much was done, but there is not a spick of dust in the living room.

• Advertisement

Today went by so quick. I'm definitely in nesting mode, trying to get the house spick and span. Gonna put my feet up for the evening now. Had a fight with the babies' father earlier, we have such a fiery relationship, I hate it. I was looking at the weather forecast, we're in for a heat wave for next week it seems. Just in time for your maternity leave Loubian ;). Be lovely to stock up on some vitamin D before the little uns arrive.

Sounds good to me :) apparently pregnant women tan easier so ill be out the back soaking it all up!
    Hopefully you have settled things with the father and you're taking it easy!
    I was awake until 1am Monday night n broken sleep last night so I'd say that's why I'm so tired! Hopefully I will sleep well tonight and tomorrow will be a better day! I have a gp appointment anyway so will be finishing early! :)

Advertisement