Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aw you'll feel so much better when you don't have to work. I can feel that I have much better energy levels now and I'm in more of a mood to focus on the important things like getting the house ready and washing the baby clothes. So incredible to imagine that these are our last few baby free weeks forever!

Aw I feel for ya Wolf, family problems are the worse. You'd think they'd give you a break and have a bit of consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Aw I feel for ya Wolf, family problems are the worse. You'd think they'd give you a break and have a bit of consideration.

If this family was a political party, it would be the Mé Féin party, because they are self obsessed! But sure, reading threads on here, I am not the only one, and as I said, she lives in a different country, not my problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    If this family was a political party, it would be the Mé Féin party, because they are self obsessed! But sure, reading threads on here, I am not the only one, and as I said, she lives in a different country, not my problem!

It's good that you're trying (!) to stay calm and not take it to heart! I don't have a family in law (just an annoying ex!) so I'm not sure what advice i can give you! Just an ear to listen I guess!

Aw you'll feel so much better when you don't have to work. I can feel that I have much better energy levels now and I'm in more of a mood to focus on the important things like getting the house ready and washing the baby clothes. So incredible to imagine that these are our last few baby free weeks forever! .

It's weird but I don't exact feel "there" yet! I know she's on the way, but its hard to actually imagine her here! but I'm sure that will change once work ends n I'm waiting for labour to start! I was imagining ringing my mam n telling her my waters had broken and it was too surreal! Ha!

37.5 weeks in n the hemorrhoids show up :(

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    37.5 weeks in n the hemorrhoids show up :(

They hurt :( Between them and the vein, I hate them all.

As for the other thing, I rant on the moan thread, and get on with it.

Just telling my friend my schedule of hospital/doc appointments for next few weeks! Said it's probably doc then hospital then doc then hospital until I'm 40 weeks then probably hospital... thinking 40 weeks is ages away.. it's not! Its two and a half weeks away!!!

I'm technically full term today at 37 weeks. I got half way through reading the book the Baby Whisperer. Have been reading it on and off for 3 months. Really need to get it finished soon! Has anyone read any good, worthwhile baby books?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I'm loving maternity leave so far, I even got breakfast in bed this morning! I'm getting loads done too. I've cleared out all the wardrobes over the last few days and threw out about 20 bags of clothes!! It's 12 days till my due date and there's no sign of anything happening. The OH is redecorating the bedroom the weekend so I'm under strict instruction to keep my legs crossed until he's finished :-D

Glad you're having a great time SnoozySuzie and you should have your legs up, there will be very little rest for the coming weeks!

Just think JD24 and loubian, 2 days left after today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Glad you're having a great time SnoozySuzie and you should have your legs up, there will be very little rest for the coming weeks!

Just think JD24 and loubian, 2 days left after today :D

Counting down the hours and the minutes!! Cannot wait!

38 weeks today! Was with GP yesterday, everything is going great. Baby's not yet engaged but still plenty of time for that! :o

Hope everyone is keeping well. Cant believe our month is here! So excited to see whose next!! :D

Yes, who will it be :D I have another hospital appointment tomorrow. Baby is fully engaged, not that I needed to be told, I can hardly sit!!!

Just can't believe it's July!!!! I think I am in denial :o

I'm with you on the denial! I know she's coming, but just too hard to imagine her actually being here, in person, being able to see her! It feels like a dream!

Wolf, sounds as if you might be going pretty soon. Mine is still very high up, she was right under my diaphragm this morning, it was very uncomfortable!!

Wolf, sounds as if you might be going pretty soon. Mine is still very high up, she was right under my diaphragm this morning, it was very uncomfortable!!

Was getting a lot of BH's last night, but Airtricity have me stressed so I was just waiting to see what would happen. I sleep on one of my son's bed mats just in case :D hopefully not too much longer now. Sitting these days is cushions galore, my first didn't actually even bother to engage until labour the divil! This one is clearly well warned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I had 2boys! Gearóid and Tomás born shortly after 10am, weighing 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 4oz. All doing well! :-)

Congrats Nikki! Delighted for you :) hope you are enjoying this special time with your little boys.

How is everyone feeling? Wolfpawn I see your little one is engaged- that's great! Not too long left now hopefully ;) I've been having dull achy cramps on & off for the last few days, also feels like baby is head butting my cervix lately (ouch!). Midwife appt tomorrow morning so hopefully they will say baby has moved lower or even engaged. Sleeping is so uncomfortable now, combined with the bladder capacity of a flea lol! :D it will all be worth it in a few weeks! Hope all of you are well xx

Watching one born every minute, probably a bad idea, but i think i need a reminder that this will be happening soon. The bump, pains and being 37.5 weeks gone isn't enough for me :/ i just wish i knew when it was going to happen. i feel weird for being so calm about it, i feel i should be scared witless :/

Watching one born every minute, probably a bad idea, but i think i need a reminder that this will be happening soon. The bump, pains and being 37.5 weeks gone isn't enough for me :/ i just wish i knew when it was going to happen. i feel weird for being so calm about it, i feel i should be scared witless :/

What good is being scared? We are better off trying to stay calm, every twinge these days and I stop for a moment. I don't watch those shows, I used watch 16 and pregnant and the like but I can't now. I know what is coming, I just think I don't want to think about it.

Haha ditto. I haven't watched it the whole way through the pregnancy, was too scared but thought I better start tonight! Grabbed the folder with my notes from the antenatal classes and gonna finally read up on everything now. Can't put it off anymore 8-|. I'm really calm about it too but I wouldn't want to be any other way about it .

That's good to know. Is this your first baby, icecreamqueen? I just felt that i should be more worried because it shows i care more, a bit stupid though thinking about it. I love this baby so much already. Just wish i could meet her. The doc said to me that i'd be back with him in two weeks if i hadn't popped, n it disappointed me. Made me cop on that there still could be four weeks to go. I'm not good at waiting for things. Also, the whole father situation is really getting me down. He's fighting against going to the social worker and i just can't deal with his crap at the moment, so i'm thinking of arranging it for another time after the baby is born. I know he'll fight that too, but at least i won't have to deal with him when i'm 38 weeks pregnant.

It's just so hard to know what is right. My dad said think about the present, not the future, n i suppose i have to start doing that. i have to concentrate on now and enjoying the end of my pregnancy and my baby girl when she comes so that i don't waste precious time thinking of something that may not even happen ten years down the line. I'm just getting nervous now about having to deal with him. He isn't going to be happy, but then why make myself unhappy just so he is happy... I did that for long enough with other people already!! Sorry for the rant ladies, i just feel better when i write things out.

Loubian, as I have told you already, you have to think of you and her, not him. If he won't cop on and talk to them now, then put it off until after she is here and forget about him. You and she are paramount!

• Advertisement

Yeah she's my first baby and the first grandchild in the family so there's extra excitement. Not having my Mum around kills me but the baby is due on her anniversary. I know that my Mum was up in heaven plotting things and knew I was very lonely without her and sent me this beautiful gift. It's the circle of life really I suppose. I feel the same as you Loubian, I can't wait to meet the baby but would prefer another few weeks off to get my energy levels up.

You definitely have to think of yourself Loubian and if that means cutting contact until the baby is born and you've settled into parenthood, then so be it. A hard situation for you I know :(

Yeah she's my first baby and the first grandchild in the family so there's extra excitement. Not having my Mum around kills me but the baby is due on her anniversary. I know that my Mum was up in heaven plotting things and knew I was very lonely without her and sent me this beautiful gift. It's the circle of life really I suppose. I feel the same as you Loubian, I can't wait to meet the baby but would prefer another few weeks off to get my energy levels up.

You definitely have to think of yourself Loubian and if that means cutting contact until the baby is born and you've settled into parenthood, then so be it. A hard situation for you I know :(

We had a similar situation with our first guy icecreamqueen, we found out I was pregnant at the months mind of my father in law. He would have adored the wee man :(

We had a similar situation with our first guy icecreamqueen, we found out I was pregnant at the months mind of my father in law. He would have adored the wee man :(

That's very sad but very special too. We definitely have our guardian angels looking after us :)

It's a very hard decision. I know myself that i have to make the right decision for me, I've had a tough year, I've finally learnt to love myself and need to do things that are best for me and not put others before me. But looking out for others just comes naturally to me, so it's hard for me to just make a decision and stick with it. I think I will cancel the meeting, n wait until I have the baby n settle with her before i have to deal with him. He might have shown his true colours by then. I just need to do what's right for me and baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

My wife gave birth to a beautiful little boy called Noah today the 3rd of july weighing in at 7lb 6onz. Both mother and baby are thriving. Im one proud daddy.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    My wife gave birth to a beautiful little boy called Noah today the 3rd of july weighing in at 7lb 6onz. Both mother and baby are thriving. Im one proud daddy :)

Aww a big congrats to you and your wife. A lovely name and a fine sturdy baby too :). I think this is our third July baby so far. I'm so proud of our July babies and all the Mamas to be :D

It's a very hard decision. I know myself that i have to make the right decision for me, I've had a tough year, I've finally learnt to love myself and need to do things that are best for me and not put others before me. But looking out for others just comes naturally to me, so it's hard for me to just make a decision and stick with it. I think I will cancel the meeting, n wait until I have the baby n settle with her before i have to deal with him. He might have shown his true colours by then. I just need to do what's right for me and baby.

You're not putting yourself first at all, you're putting the baby first so don't think you're in any way selfish. I can tell by your posts that you'll make a great mother. Sometimes it's good to weed out all the rot in our lives and start afresh. Your baby and you deserve the best.

Woohoo, three in as many days :D Glad that mammy and little Noah are doing well. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Thanks for all the lovely words!! Enjoying my babies now and will give a proper update when I'm home! Just have 2words of advice for ye, prune juice. It'll help a lot believe me! ;-)

• Advertisement

37 weeks today and another afternoon to be spent in the Rotunda. I am somewhat conflicted in what I should do now re a c-section. Natural is obviously the most recommended, what with having one section already I would be tying myself into a life of them were I have any more children (if this one is as boisterous as it's brother, not happening!) but with zero support in Dublin, a planned due date would make everything so much more relaxed for us. Even if my partner does not make the birth, at least we will have the security of knowing I would have help for a while after the baby is born. He is due to start back on the 5th of August, if I go natural, I may not even have the baby then :(

Advertisement