Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I might as well join ye too! I'm 13weeks pregnant with twins! Going to Clonmel to have them, first appt there is next Tuesday. Only reason I know that its twins is coz I paid for a private scan at 8 weeks. EDD is 13th July but they will prob b born in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Just peeking in from the June thread. Congrats to all of you :) I 'm expecting twins too :) they'll probably arrive May sometime.

V exciting Nikkibikki :)
    nikkibikki wrote: »
    I might as well join ye too! I'm 13weeks pregnant with twins! Going to Clonmel to have them, first appt there is next Tuesday. Only reason I know that its twins is coz I paid for a private scan at 8 weeks. EDD is 13th July but they will prob b born in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Sorry to hear your news Twee, that's awful. Thinking of you x

Wow Nikkibikki, congrats! Twins!! That's great :) exciting times ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolly175

Hey guys,
    Mind if i join in? Im 12 weeks tomorrow and have my booking apt in Rotunda next thursday. Have actually signed up with the Domino scheme but keeping the hospital apt as its so close and will then switch.

Just wondering if any of you have had period type pains around 12 weeks. I had cramping all day yeasterday and today my lower tummy/pelvis is quite sore. I have also a sore lower back. please tell me this is normal!! I thought these types of cramps were normally only in the fist month or two?

• Advertisement

Welcome Lolly and congrats!! I hope it's normal cause I am the same this week and am 13 weeks. Back has been driving me nuts, I actually had a slight bit of blood but doc maintains it is normal! Had it before, had scan and all grand so am trying not to worry. I feel like my period is due but not as severe just very uncomfortable this week. My tummy aches, not cramps really but hot water bottle is stuck to my tummy this week. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :D

Aw Belle thanks so much for you reassuring reply. I keep telling myself its normal and there is all sorts of weird and winderful things going on inside but its hard not to worry!! Esp as we were ttc for 3 long years and had started on the IVF road when it happened naturally!!

Pregnancy is a scary thing that's for sure. Wow bet you were thrilled after 3 years to get away without IVF. Every little niggle I have I'm worried and sometimes the internet can be the worst place in the world. My doctor will be so sick of me! Bet you can't wait for your appointment next week, I have one too but don't think they will scan. Have to wait to 20ish weeks, i had a scan at 10weeks though so guess that was lucky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Cramps are very normal at this stage, the uterus is growing, as many of us have noticed with our favourite jeans no longer being able to close, sometimes the stretching causes cramps, I have it a little with this one, but a lot last time. I was freaking out a bit, especially since I had no one to turn to and didn't know about boards for a good bit into the pregnancy.

Welcome Lolli, so glad after all the stress and strain it happened naturally. I was in the Rotunda the last time and even though I am closer Holles Street now I have gone with the Rotunda again the care was very good. Bring a book for next Thursday, it takes about 2-3 hours to go through all the stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I had my first scan yesterday at 12 weeks and was overwhelmed to see the little one. I was so worried something might be wrong because I had a bit of spotting and cramps on New Years Day. Thankfully everything is good and I'm overjoyed. It was amazing to send the pic of the scan to my siblings in Oz and London. Next step is telling my Dad! I have been very lucky so far with the pregnancy that I haven't suffered any side effects and haven't put on much weight. Hopefully this will last.
    The sonographer confirmed that I'm due on the 24th of July, my Mum's 2nd anniversary which I think is crazy. Hopefully everything is going well for everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I might as well join in too instead of lurking in the background ;)
    I’m 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby and had my 2nd scan yesterday! EDD is 15th July.

Lolly175 I’m doing the Domino in the Rotunda too and I would recommend registering with them first. I had the midwife come to my house within a week and she was brilliant. It was lovely having the initial visit done in the comfort or your own home. The following week I had a scan at 8weeks (dating scan) was in and out in 40mins then had my second scan yesterday and was in and out in 20 mins. I was great especially when you hear all the horror stories of people waiting 2 and 3 hours!!

Girls , thanks for all the lovely replies. It has been a rollercoaster few months, thought we would be going through the dreaded IVF and to find out i was pregnant is unreal. Thats probably why im so freaked out now by all the pains and twinges - im so afraid it will be all snatched away from me!! Like you have all said i know its normal to have pains etc and i need to relax a bit more!

SSuzie, i have registered with Domino but they advised me as its so close to my appointment (only registered with them a few days ago) i was better off sticking with the hospital for that as they coudnt see me any sooner and they will contact me after that.

One thing im not looking forward to is the waiting around at the appointment but be worth it to see all is ok!!!!

Hope you are all having a nice relaxing weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flopflips

Hi Ladies, can I join in too! Due 26th July!! Am so nervous about every little feeling twinge and would love to share this experience! Have had 2scans so far, one at 8weeks cause I needed to be sure something was in there!!! And then my booking in appoint at 11 weeks! Was so nice to see little buds dancing around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Welcome flopflips! My cousin is due same day as you and its my beautiful nieces birthday, she will be 12 this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

belle_09 wrote: »
    Welcome Lolly and congrats!! I hope it's normal cause I am the same this week and am 13 weeks. Back has been driving me nuts, I actually had a slight bit of blood but doc maintains it is normal! Had it before, had scan and all grand so am trying not to worry. I feel like my period is due but not as severe just very uncomfortable this week. My tummy aches, not cramps really but hot water bottle is stuck to my tummy this week. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :D

This is so good to hear. I've been having period type symtoms all along so far. I'll be 15 weeks on sunday. I have the slight cramping/knawing ache in my tummy, my back is killing me, and have the sensation down below. I'm going to the toilet every hour because i'm so scared of the pains. I have my appointment at end of Jan and am dying for it. On the website that i use to keep up to date, they say after first trimester you begin to feel human again. I thought this would be great, but i actually don't feel pregnant anymore. I know i am, but the sore boobs, constant nausea and tiredness let me know i was going through something dramatic, now i'm waiting on the bump to really grasp on this that it is real. I'm on my first, but anyone who is on their second, can you remember feeling this way after first trimester?

Also, does anyone know how hard it is to change hospitals? I'm with holles st, and i'm not really liking that you only get one scan! I'm not getting my first scan until 22 weeks :( I'm DYING to see it :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loubian you could always book a private scan. My friend go hers done in the Merrion Fetal Clinic which is on Mount Street, think it was €120

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

loubian wrote: »

This is so good to hear. I've been having period type symtoms all along so far. I'll be 15 weeks on sunday. I have the slight cramping/knawing ache in my tummy, my back is killing me, and have the sensation down below. I'm going to the toilet every hour because i'm so scared of the pain. I have my appointment at end of Jan and am dying for it. On the website that i use to keep up to date, they say after first trimester you begin to feel human again. I thought this would be great, but i actually don't feel pregnant anymore. I know i am, but the sore boobs, constant nausea and tiredness let me know i was going through something dramatic, now i'm waiting on the bump to really grasp on this that it is real. I'm on my first, but anyone who is on their second, can you remember feeling this way after first trimester?

Also, does anyone know how hard it is to change hospitals? I'm with holles st, and i'm not really liking that you only get one scan! I'm not getting my first scan until 22 weeks :( I'm DYING to see it :-/

Hi loubian.
    My son was born last july and baby no 2 is due this july!! I remember feeling similiar around this time last year. When the sickness disappeared I began to feel like I wasn't pregnant at all! I should have enjoyed it really as the tiredness came back with a bang towards the end and I was getting very little sleep (and u will need ur sleep)! My bump arrived all of a sudden. The hubby kindly pointed out that, yes, I was getting fat!!! Subtle! I now look back at all the worry and antisipation very fondly. It all adds to the experience. Feel like an auld pro this time and its kinda not the same!! Regarding your scans, have you thought about getting those private ones done? I hated the waiting for hospital scan. Got my 1st to date at 12 weeks and didn't get another till 32 weeks! I antagonized about the private ones as they're 200e+ and some people say they're actually too detailed! In the end I didn't bother and was happy I didn't in the end. It might be for you though. You really want to see updates of baby first time round. Its such a worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

flopflips wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, can I join in too! Due 26th July!! Am so nervous about every little feeling twinge and would love to share this experience! Have had 2scans so far, one at 8weeks cause I needed to be sure something was in there!!! And then my booking in appoint at 11 weeks! Was so nice to see little buds dancing around!

Congrats! I'm due two days before you :). I'm a little nervous but very excited. Just can't wait to meet the little one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Hi ladies- got my scan there a few days ago in Limerick Maternity and was shocked to find I'm about 17 weeks :eek: due July 8th! So very happy :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

My wife is due on the 4th of july with our first baby also in the limerick Maternity, very exciting time for both of us.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    My wife is due on the 4th of july with our first baby also in the limerick Maternity, very exciting time for both of us.

We might see each other there *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

We might see each other there *waves*

Ya we might be checking out while your checking in, best of luck.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Ya we might be checking out while your checking in, best of luck.

fingers crossed - :) also, best of luck to you and yr wife!

When do you know if you have to ring the docs or not? I have period type pains in my stomach, i'm getting a few sharp twinges now and again, got two really sharp ones on Tuesday night. I think the discharge is too much, i feel like i can feel it coming out down there (sorry for tmi) n keep thinking it's blood.. i'm so worried that something is going to happen that it probably isn't helping me. the muscles in my pelvic area are sore too. I have problems with my digestive system, and it could be that.. but how do you know for certain? I have my first app on monday, maybe i'm just anxious about that...

loubain, i have been getting similar pains all the way through. I'll be 14 weeks on saturday and have them bad enough today but everything im told is that they are normal enough so unless there is bleeding also then try not to stress. Now i had a horrific bleed two weeks ago but thankfully baby is ok.

The cramps and sharp pains are so unnerving but i think its just our body stretching and things moving around!!

Thanks for your reply. Did you ring the doc, or midwife to ask about them? I don't know whether to just leave it til Monday or if I should ring the doc today..

Ring your doc if you are worried, i have spoken to the doc in the hospital before and it seems pretty 'normal' unless you are in bad pain and there is bleeding also. But you should talk to someone to put your mind at rest, i worry constantly but im telling myself its all ok and i would know if something was really wrong.

Let me know how you get on xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Just back from my first appointment, it was a long morning, I am exhausted and the Rotunda really need to invest in comfy seats, my butt is killing me. I thought I was due the 17th, now I was told it is the 25th. Not too much of a difference. Got to see the little thing (there was only one thank goodness) it was moving so much we couldn't get the pics, the Doc was laughing and all the staff were just so nice. I am glad to be going there again. :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone felt any movement yet? I'm getting this ticklish sort of feeling across my stomach sometimes, feels like there's something crawling in there. A girl in work described what it felt like for her n she said same thing. It's so exciting :)

Advertisement