Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Right, scary stuff. I have a section date :eek: if i come in before hand I am going to have a natural hopefully, if not the 23rd of July and I will have my baby. I am shaking, its so weird knowing all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Right, scary stuff. I have a section date :eek: if i come in before hand I am going to have a natural hopefully, if not the 23rd of July and I will have my baby. I am shaking, its so weird knowing all this.

Aww congrats! At least now you know when your little one will arrive :)
    Which would you prefer at this stage, natural or C-section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Awh I'm weirdly jealous because at least you know you'll have your baby by 23rd :) I had to go in today coz of the itching, got a mini scan like usual n was told head isn't fully engaged but in head down position. I think I might be here for a while yet!

I reckon you're going to go pretty soon, wolf :)

Half a day to go :D

Nearly there loubian, you too JD24 :)

To be honest I don't mind either way how I have the baby as long as it is here safely, but I was terrified that I would go into August as my OH is going on rotations then and I would be in labour with no one to mind my son. Now I know that won't happen so I can relax.

i hope so loubian, the doc thinks I'll go before then too, so maybe. though as long as it isnt today I dont mind.

• Advertisement

JD24 and Loubian last day of work :D Don't overdo yourselves :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aw just in time for the good weather too. Hopefully the babies hold on to give you two some rest now. The last week has been such a blur, leaving Dublin and work and coming up to Donegal. I've felt like I haven't stopped since but the house is finally shaping up nicely. I was over in my cousins house yesterday and his wife is one week overdue. Not sure I want to be that restless, just hope the baby arrives on time.

Thanks Ladies :)

Roll on 5.30!!! :D

being overdue is the worst, you can't even plan a bath that evening. it's horrible :( a day or two is fine, no one is ever 100% but after that it is horrible :( your too big to sleep properly and every twinge you are wondering is it finally time!

Just got the send off, I was so embarrassed ha! Glad I actually made an effort with my appearance today! Only 2 hours left :):)

• Advertisement

Glad to hear you're having a great last day loubian :) It's nice to feel appriciated.

Just sent my 2 boys on a train down to the MIL's for the weekend. I am so happy I don't have to deal with her this weekend, but I miss them already. At least if I go into labour my only concern is leaving a pile of food for the cat!
    Going shopping for a few things now. I am so excited about it, just crap like socks and a crib bumper but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Enjoy your last day at work girls. The weather is really hotting up out there. I plan on sitting out in my back soaking up the rays for the weekend. I'd love to be able to go and do a bit of shopping but I just don't have any energy these days.
    I need to get a few more nightdresses as I'll be n for at least five days after the section. I'll hopefully try and muster up some energy tomorrow! ;-)
    For today it's a big punnet of strawberries and Wimbledon for me! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Happy Friday ladies :) Wolfpawn, great that you have a date for csection if needed, something to focus on! It's all getting so near now for us! I had midwife appt yesterday, baby's head is now well below end of placenta so everything looks fine. It's just a waiting game now! ;) loving the beautiful weather but the heat is a killer- I'm like a walking radiator these last few months! Gonna have a chilled feet up kinda weekend ;)

Hello Maternity Leave!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Got such a lovely send off :) I'll miss work but so looking forward to relaxing and awaiting the arrival of my baby :)

Cant wait to go home and up my feet up :D

I'm finished too :D:D is everyone off and waiting now?

loubian wrote: »
    I'm finished too :D:D is everyone off and waiting now?

Yup off and counting down the days. I can't wait. We're blessed with the weather too. Enjoy your time off Loubian. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Went for afternoon tea with my friends today, maternity leave is great. I could get use to not working :-D
    I cant stand the heat though I'm a big red sweaty mess!!!!

Went for afternoon tea with my friends today, maternity leave is great. I could get use to not working :-D
    I cant stand the heat though I'm a big red sweaty mess!!!!

I had a craving for hummus today and my lovely fiance went and bought me some so I spent the afternoon eating raw carrots and hummus! :-)
    I bought a few beach dresses in pennys and I'm going to live in them while we have this heatwave, just when I'm at home though. Anything to keep cool.
    A basin of cold water is great for cooling down. Pop your feet in and it cools the whole body. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    A basin of cold water is great for cooling down. Pop your feet in and it cools the whole body. :-)

I don't know why I've never thought of this. I'll definitely be doing this over the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

The basin of cold water is great if your retaining fluid in your feet too! Its been working wonders on my cankles the last few weeks!

• Advertisement

Just back from a long walk up the bog. I was thinking we should have brought the phone with us, just in case but don't think I'd mind if the baby was born surrounded by such lovely scenery and fresh air! Spent an hour earlier sorting out my nails. Cutting my toe nails was a disaster, know they're totally lop sided but they'll do! Would love to be able to afford a spa day before the baby arrives. I can dream I suppose :(

Had a very rough night, sleep wise last night. I was convinced I was going into labour. It felt like my pelvis muscles were being pulled to the ground for most of the night, felt so much pressure down there. Didn't hurt but was very uncomfortable. Also had little jabbing pains in my belly and the baby was moving like mad. Didn't have an appearances but was given a little insight into what it might be like to go into labour 8-O

Had a very rough night, sleep wise last night. I was convinced I was going into labour. It felt like my pelvis muscles were being pulled to the ground for most of the night, felt so much pressure down there. Didn't hurt but was very uncomfortable. Also had little jabbing pains in my belly and the baby was moving like mad. Didn't have an appearances but was given a little insight into what it might be like to go into labour 8-O
    Icescreamqueen I had a very similar night. Lots of pressure and niggly pains and the baby had a very busy night jumping around. I'm due to have a section on the 18th so I'm really hoping he holds on til then! :-)
    I feel so wrecked today but I don't have to do anything or go anywhere so I'll be taking it very easy. My brilliant partner is downstairs cleaning as we speak. He's been great. Long may it last!
    Hopefully you can have a relaxing day too. Put the feet up and take it easy. :-)

It's scary isn't it? Last two nights I've had bad back ache n some pains around my front. I can sleep though and when I wake up they're gone, so it's probably just from doing things during the day. Had a look at the june thread, think they're all gone, it's definitely our turn now :O

loubian wrote: »
    It's scary isn't it? Last two nights I've had bad back ache n some pains around my front. I can sleep though and when I wake up they're gone, so it's probably just from doing things during the day. Had a look at the june thread, think they're all gone, it's definitely our turn now :O

It sure is! It's very exciting isn't it. I keep looking at my hospital bag and thinking very soon I'll be using all those baby clothes. I do have a little freak every now and then too! :-)
    Can't wait to hear everyone's news.
    Have a lovely day, enjoy the sunshine. :-)

My bag is double checked now. I have it on the second couch, going to find a good spot for it when I am finished organising the place a little.

I am getting the pains and aches too, I think it is a scary reminder we are all nearly there!

I have the house to myself until tomorrow and I know it is lovely out and everything, but I am hoping to get a load of stuff sorted like my son's room, getting rid of broken toys and the like (because it is impossible when he is home) so that's the plan, I might walk to the shop later.... I might not :D

My bag is double checked now. I have it on the second couch, going to find a good spot for it when I am finished organising the place a little.

I am getting the pains and aches too, I think it is a scary reminder we are all nearly there!

I have the house to myself until tomorrow and I know it is lovely out and everything, but I am hoping to get a load of stuff sorted like my son's room, getting rid of broken toys and the like (because it is impossible when he is home) so that's the plan, I might walk to the shop later.... I might not :D

Jaysus wolfpawnat I wish I had your energy. I can't scratch me backside at this stage! I got a burst of energy last week that lasted about three days, that's well and truly gone now. I keep looking around and seeing things I need to do but when it comes to doing it I just flag! :-)
    Make sure you don't do too much. Time to start conserving some energy god knows we'll need a lot of it when the babies arrive. My h2b is in for the shock of his life. He'd sleep on a bed of nails, I don't think he has any idea how little sleep he's going to be getting. My lack of sleep over the past 9 mths should hold me in good stead. It won't be as big a shock for me.
    Take it easy and put the feet up at some stage! :-)

Got dragged out of bed early morning to go watch the Lions match and go for breakfast. Don't have much interest but I suppose it's taking my mind off things. I double checked my hospital bags last night too Wolfpawnat. I think I have everything. It made me emotional to think that a little human is going into the clothes very soon and made me emotional thinking of the kindness of people. The secretary from my school knitted four beautiful cardigans for the baby. I was just thinking she must have spent hours doing them. I packed one into the hospital bag. Babies really do bring out the best in people :)

vanna wrote: »
    Jaysus wolfpawnat I wish I had your energy. I can't scratch me backside at this stage! I got a burst of energy last week that lasted about three days, that's well and truly gone now. I keep looking around and seeing things I need to do but when it comes to doing it I just flag! :-)
    Make sure you don't do too much. Time to start conserving some energy god knows we'll need a lot of it when the babies arrive. My h2b is in for the shock of his life. He'd sleep on a bed of nails, I don't think he has any idea how little sleep he's going to be getting. My lack of sleep over the past 9 mths should hold me in good stead. It won't be as big a shock for me.
    Take it easy and put the feet up at some stage! :-)

Hence why I said hope, what I want to do and what I may get done could be two entirely different things. :D

I think I am nesting a lot though, nothing is satisfying me, that's good, it means I'm close! It's terrible, I want to let the baby grow as much as possible, but I am so tired of waiting.

• Advertisement

Got dragged out of bed early morning to go watch the Lions match and go for breakfast. Don't have much interest but I suppose it's taking my mind off things. I double checked my hospital bags last night too Wolfpawnat. I think I have everything. It made me emotional to think that a little human is going into the clothes very soon and made me emotional thinking of the kindness of people. The secretary from my school knitted four beautiful cardigans for the baby. I was just thinking she must have spent hours doing them. I packed one into the hospital bag. Babies really do bring out the best in people :)

It's weird, people these days can be obsessed with gifts and the cost of them. But nothing could ever say anything as nice as dedicating hours to making blankets, hats, cardigans. Wool isn't cheap and the effort and time means more than any price tag to me!

Advertisement