Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hence why I said hope, what I want to do and what I may get done could be two entirely different things. :D

I think I am nesting a lot though, nothing is satisfying me, that's good, it means I'm close! It's terrible, I want to let the baby grow as much as possible, but I am so tired of waiting.

I know what you mean. I want him here now but I know he needs a bit more time and I really don't want him to arrive before the date for cs, definitely don't want to end up having an emergency one! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

For anyone into their apps, I came across some good ones there from the HSE. It's under the name of Michelle Berkery. It's handy that they're Irish. I feel so clueless about some things like bathing a baby safety and changing a nappy.

For anyone into their apps, I came across some good ones there from the HSE. It's under the name of Michelle Berkery. It's handy that they're Irish. I feel so clueless about some things like bathing a baby safety and changing a nappy.

Bathing the baby is the thing that freaks me out the most! I'm sure it'll become second nature to us eventually. I must look up the apps. Thanks for that. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

vanna wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I want him here now but I know he needs a bit more time and I really don't want him to arrive before the date for cs, definitely don't want to end up having an emergency one! ;-)

No, they are not ideal, longer to recover from and more stress. Now that i have a section date too I find myself praying natural comes first (now that it is safe for me), and not out of impatience, okay, maybe a little out of impatience. :o

So most of us have the bags ready? That's good, though no doubt we'll double check again!

No, they are not ideal, longer to recover from and more stress. Now that i have a section date too I find myself praying natural comes first (now that it is safe for me), and not out of impatience, okay, maybe a little out of impatience. :o

So most of us have the bags ready? That's good, though no doubt we'll double check again!
    I've checked it and re-checked it. I think I have everything I need. The one thing I need to get is a little container to hold water for when I'm washing him.
    What's your date? I'm sure I read it back a few pages but I can't remember. Mine is the 18th.

• Advertisement

Bathing the baby is the thing that freaks me out the most! I'm sure it'll become second nature to us eventually. I must look up the apps. Thanks for that. :-)

I know :). I'm bad enough bathing myself, slipping and sliding around! Can't imagine having a little baby to bathe too. I've been looking up loads of videos but they all seem to do things differently. Some start washing the head first and some the body. Our midwife at the antenatal class said the baby only needs to be bathed properly twice a week so I'll go with that.

I've checked it and re-checked it. I think I have everything I need. The one thing I need to get is a little container to hold water for when I'm washing him.
    What's your date? I'm sure I read it back a few pages but I can't remember. Mine is the 18th.

My due date is the 25th, but I am booked for the 23rd. Scary! It is only the 6th, so it seems so far away but so close too!

My due date is the 25th, but I am booked for the 23rd. Scary! It is only the 6th, so it seems so far away but so close too!

I'm due the 24th and I feel like it's so far away too. This last week has been one of the happiest I've had in a long time, even though I've been quite hormonal. I think I'd be kinda scared if I knew I was having a section too but you won't see or feel anything so at least that some kind of consolation 8-O x

I'm due the 24th and I feel like it's so far away too. This last week has been one of the happiest I've had in a long time, even though I've been quite hormonal. I think I'd be kinda scared if I knew I was having a section too but you won't see or feel anything so at least that some kind of consolation 8-O x

I had an emergency one last time, so that was scary, you wonder about all the things that can go wrong, with a planned one I will be given antibiotics before hand, I will be awake, I will be able to feel then taking it out (you feel slightly uncomfortable as they safely maneuver it out).

It is so weird seeing everyone referring to him or her, I am still at "it" :o I think though if I didn't have that one last surprise now though I would be upset, it is my last surprise, but still I wish I didn't have to refer to the baby as it. Weird.

I had an emergency one last time, so that was scary, you wonder about all the things that can go wrong, with a planned one I will be given antibiotics before hand, I will be awake, I will be able to feel then taking it out (you feel slightly uncomfortable as they safely maneuver it out).

It is so weird seeing everyone referring to him or her, I am still at "it" :o I think though if I didn't have that one last surprise now though I would be upset, it is my last surprise, but still I wish I didn't have to refer to the baby as it. Weird.
    Lovely chatting with you girls. Pity we're all scattered around the country, it'd be lovely to meet up with the babies once they're all here.
    We should keep in touch afterwards. I'm sure I'll be looking for advice and reassurance at times!
    Have a lovely Saturday girls. Chat soon again. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

5 days over and still no sign :(

MichB2012 wrote: »
    5 days over and still no sign :(

Just think, 7 days max. Is this your first? They tend to be be very comfy in us and not want to come out if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Yeah my first. Starting to get really annoyed with everyone ringing and texting every day asking if theres any news yet!! Hopefully baby decides to move his lazy bum soon :)

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Yeah my first. Starting to get really annoyed with everyone ringing and texting every day asking if theres any news yet!! Hopefully baby decides to move his lazy bum soon :)

One thing I learnt from no1, never tell people your due date, they irritate the hell out of you then any day after. I just said, when I know you will know. I told them all a week after out of annoyance. You'll be there very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I can't imagine going into labour in this heat! I wont be able to cope! The baby better stay put till its cold again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Sorted my room n ended up falling asleep n I don't know whether i dreamt it or not but heard my stepfather saying to my door "yeh, you just look after yourself loubian" .... hmmm? I'm assuming because I fell asleep before helping them clean downstairs?

As suspected, I made it until 1:30 and crashed for nearly 3 hours, nice snooze though, went and got a lunch then. Started back cleaning now after a bit of stress from the MIL again (honestly I need less of that woman in my life, she is my main complaint) and getting a few crampish like pains in the lower part of my belly. I swear, I am getting a dinner tonight (didn't get one last night) so this kid can come after I order and get my dinner! I'd say it is only from all my stretching though. I think I am half praying everything is moving at this stage out of just sheer hope and being tired of being pregnant. Finding out at barely 2 weeks means the 9 months have dragged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No they haven't they have flown! Nutter...

Bring on this good weather :D. Blue skies, sitting in the sunshine with feet up, no worries. Just how life should be :D. Think I'll make some homemade lemonade to sip on. Just hope that I haven't spoke too soon :P

I'm in full blown nesting mode n baby is settling right into my pelvis!! It's so warm out! I can't wait to sit outside!

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    I'm in full blown nesting mode n baby is settling right into my pelvis!! It's so warm out! I can't wait to sit outside!

Settling down is good, it means she is getting ready.

I have backache, cramps and BH's and a weird feeling down below a lot since last night. Just taking it easy, waiting for the boys to come back.

Settling down is good, it means she is getting ready.

I have backache, cramps and BH's and a weird feeling down below a lot since last night. Just taking it easy, waiting for the boys to come back.

Can you remember what it felt like on your first? Are they on the way now?

Can you remember what it felt like on your first? Are they on the way now?

Yeah, they are on the train, so they will be here around 3ish.

It feels like the feeling I had when they gave me the gel to induce labour, not actually the labour part, apart from the backache, but that could be because the baby is so low.

One way to know for sure that baby has dropped, I can't stop eating!!

Ugh hormones are being a b*tch today. There's a mirror on my landing that we walk past, n I stop to check my reflection n look at the bump. It's my bump, am I not allowed to look at it? My mam saw me n goes "would you stop looking at yourself in the mirror".. I dunno why I got so annoyed n upset over it. Am I not allowed look at myself? It's not as if I stand there for hours admiring myself, or constantly stop to look at myself. It's right there when you walk on the landing, n its hard not to look at my bump. I look coz I'm self conscious about the size of me, about how flabby I look, n now I feel like she thinks I'm being vain when there's no way I am vain... I know its stupid trivial stuff to be upset about but damn hormones just attack when they feel like it. :(

Aw tell me about the hormones. I've done nothing but cry and be weepy all day. Had a huge fight with the babies's father again, think I've just about had enough of him. I told him to find somewhere else to live. I think I need to spend the next few weeks on my own and focus on being stress free for the baby. My Mums cousin was down visiting and she really opened my eyes up to a few things about him. She thinks he's bipolar which I believe too but I can't use that as an excuse for him to be horrible to me. I have major guilt about subjecting the baby to all of this stress and strain :'(

Aw tell me about the hormones. I've done nothing but cry and be weepy all day. Had a huge fight with the babies's father again, think I've just about had enough of him. I told him to find somewhere else to live. I think I need to spend the next few weeks on my own and focus on being stressful free for the baby. My Mums cousin was down visiting and she really opened my eyes up to a few things about him. She thinks he's bipolar which I believe too but I can't use that as an excuse for him to be horrible to me. I have major guilt about subjecting the baby to all of this stress and strain :'(

If you think it's best, maybe it would be good to spend the next few weeks getting ready for the baby. As people say when I talk about my baby's father, me n baby are most important n the extra anxiety n stress isn't good for us! We need to concentrate on our bodies n prepare for labour. *hugs* we're here if you need to talk xx

Know the feeling loubian, these days all i look at is the bump, never myself.

i nearly boiled alive today. went out dressed in normal clothes.... yeah this has to be the warmest day in two years, felt dizzy and everything. came home and put on summer clothes, felt better immediately. a bit swollen, but the weather has part of the blame for that too.

it is hard work carrying a baby in this heat. i cant wait to relax tonight :)

If you think it's best, maybe it would be good to spend the next few weeks getting ready for the baby. As people say when I talk about my baby's father, me n baby are most important n the extra anxiety n stress isn't good for us! We need to concentrate on our bodies n prepare for labour. *hugs* we're here if you need to talk xx

Aw thanks for the air hugs ;). Feel a bit better now, friend is over and I've got it off my chest. Just not sure what to do, I have another hospital appointment in the morning and I'd love if he was there. Weighing everything up, he has been good to me helping out with the house the last week but I don't need that stress either :(

• Advertisement

Ugh just got a text from the father about the meeting tomorrow. I half hoped he wouldn't show up. I'm so so nervous now :( I am on the verge of tears just thinking about having to sit with him. I know I could cancel still but I dont want to chicken out. If though tomorrow morning I'm still really really really nervous, I might text n say it's not on because I actually feel sick with nerves :( I don't want my bp to be high either for my appointment n I don't want the stress of it to put me into labour, esp wh him there :( ughhh

Advertisement