Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Ugh just got a text from the father about the meeting tomorrow. I half hoped he wouldn't show up. I'm so so nervous now :( I am on the verge of tears just thinking about having to sit with him. I know I could cancel still but I dont want to chicken out. If though tomorrow morning I'm still really really really nervous, I might text n say it's not on because I actually feel sick with nerves :( I don't want my bp to be high either for my appointment n I don't want the stress of it to put me into labour, esp wh him there :( ughhh

I'd definitely cancel and put it down to feeling poorly. Put yourself and the baby first. Just isn't worth the stress and strain. Should really take a piece of my own medicine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'd definitely cancel and put it down to feeling poorly. Put yourself and the baby first. Just isn't worth the stress and strain. Should really take a piece of my own medicine!

The sw said it doesn't look good for the mother to refuse things either. I will see how I feel in the morning, though I know I'll probably be more stressed! He's actually stupid though! I told him everything he needs to know last week - place, time, reason why we're going, yet he's asking all these questions again. I just told him I'd told him last week :( can you take rescue remedy during pregnancy?? :P

The sw said it doesn't look good for the mother to refuse things either. I will see how I feel in the morning, though I know I'll probably be more stressed! He's actually stupid though! I told him everything he needs to know last week - place, time, reason why we're going, yet he's asking all these questions again. I just told him I'd told him last week :( can you take rescue remedy during pregnancy?? :P

Aw annoying. Why can't men just be straight forward! I'd say rescue remedy should be ok. Anything to keep labour away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Sorry to hear ye are having problems with the babies Dad's ladies, it really is the last thing ye need at this stage, really feel for ye. Men can really be a self centred race sometimes.

AFM, first time logging on properly since the boys were a few days old so said I'd give ye a quick low down on how it all went.

Was brought in Sun night to prep for section Mon morning. Was giddy as hell with excitement and barely slept! I thought I'd need a wheelchair to get me down to theatre as I'd been in so much pain but I think the adrenelin got me down there walking. Was such a calmer experience to my emergency section on DS though the stitching up part afterwards seemed to go on forever which was worrying me, poor anaesthetist had to tell me to stop looking at my BP/pulse monitor as it was making me worse, he was probably right! Got a bit shaky from the spinal but that's all normal. Gearóid was born first and Tomás a minute later. Gearóid it turned out had a pretty traumatic delivery although we didn't know this in theatre at the time, my consultant kept the whole thing calm! He was on top of my tummy in a transverse breech position. But the placenta was low and we didn't know this prior to delivery, don't think it would have made a difference if we did. They cut where they could but he kept sticking out his hand and said they couldn't deliver him that way so they had to cut through the placenta, result being that he lost some blood supply before he was born. He was so pale and cold when he was born. They were both going to SCBU anyway but he had to go in an incubator for 24 hours. Tomás was out a minute later and no such issues thank god. They were both in SCBU for 2 days. I was breastfeeding and supplementing as didn't want them to get dehydrated and jaundice etc as it would delay us coming home, knew my initial colostrum supply wouldn't be enough for them both. Woke up Wednesday morning not feeling well at all. Turned out I had severe anaemia and needed 3 units of blood transfused. Still wasn't right when I got home so had to put breast feeding on hold for a few days. Have just hired a hospital grade pump now and will have it tomorrow morning so I'm hoping that will give me the best chance of expressing. I find it easier knowing, esp in this weather, what volume of fluid they are getting. Plus, Gearóid is a very slow feeder, I would literally be feeding 24 hours a day if I were to have them both at the breast at the moment. Expressing and supplementing with formula when needed seems to be my best option at the moment. DH has been absolutely fantastic, taking loads of the night feeds to allow me to sleep as much as possible. Couldn't sleep much in hospital, around 2 hours a night is all I got. Came home Friday and PHN out today and she's delighted with their weights etc. They will be weighed once a week she said as they are twins so I said fair enough. Oh yeah, meant to say, when I was all closed up after surgery the consultant told me that there was extensive adhesions from my previous CS, on my bowel and bladder apparently as well. He asked me if we were planning on having any more children and I said probably not. He cut away what he could (a lot!) but said that another surgery would be very difficult but not to let it put me off having more if I wanted to as it is something that could be worked around. He said it was a very difficult section to do and told a few doctors that were there observing that some doctors have to wait 20 years to see one like it in their careers so I don't know whether I should feel special or something! We have decided not to anyway, 3 is plenty! But I am worried from a future gynae POV. I lost a lot of blood during all this, 1.5 litres they estimated.

That's it from me, delighted with my gorgeous babies and am so lucky to have 4 gorgeous men to look after me now! Will be keeping an eye on here for news of all the July arrivals!! It has been great to be able to come on here and rant and moan and read all of your stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

So glad everything worked out well in the end for you nikkibikki, poor Gearóid had a bit of a shock no doubt. 4 against one, you're completely outnumbered! I feel ganged up on with two boys and a cat, if this is a boy too, I am only a step behind you! Take it easy for yourself and enjoy your boys :D Huge hugs.

Loubian, icecreamqueen, the men can wait, you and your children are all that matters. Loubian, I am not sure what you are doing today, but do nothing you don't want to do and if he tries to make demands remember, you don't so anything you don't want to do!!!

I really feel things are close here. Hopefully I am right, the BH's are strong and frequent, as is the backache. The only thing I have to remember is at the very latest, I will have my baby this day two weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I'm taking part in a trial for the rotunda to see if the size of the baby has anything to do with needing an emergency CS! I have a scan in the morning to take measurements and I hope to God they have air conditioning!!! The next baby will be a winter baby!!!

I had another appointment this morning. I thought I'd be told how much the baby weighs and when she might arrive but no. All I know is that the baby is in a good position now and that I have another appointment on my due date in two weeks and if I don't have the baby by then, they'll give me a date to be induced. I also got a tour of the maternity ward which is a credit to the hospital, it's so spacious and clean. I definitely wouldn't mind giving birth in that delivery room, was more like a hotel suite!

My cousin and his wife had their little baby girl too. So happy for them and for selfish reasons my baby will have a playmate only a weeks apart in age to play with :)

Getting lots of pains tonight. Baby has definitelyddropped further! Am starting to wonder/get slightly nervous about when the full thing actually comes! But! I'm not going to think about it. Just enjoy my last few days/weeks of freedom!

Getting lots of pains tonight. Baby has definitelyddropped further! Am starting to wonder/get slightly nervous about when the full thing actually comes! But! I'm not going to think about it. Just enjoy my last few days/weeks of freedom!

Totally the best way to be. Could be another month, could be tomorrow. Who knows. I'm been told everyday that the bump has dropped, haven't noticed myself though but it helps not having a full length mirror in the house. Hopefully the pains go away Loubian :)

My little one seemed to move up again but then after a sit down it seemed low again, loads of backache and BH's. Hoping all these BH's are getting me closer to the end. Loubian it is hard, but not impossible, I promise. Well I did the labour part, not the birth, but the epidural is a great thing too!

• Advertisement

I'm lying down now n they've stopped! Good night's sleep hopefully now!

I'm lying down now n they've stopped! Good night's sleep hopefully now!

Good, relax for yourself after the day. Hope you are enjoying the good weather now you are finished work. :)

I am going through the ridiculous irrational fears in my head tonight :rolleyes: honestly my head is a dangerously stupid place some days.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Good, relax for yourself after the day. Hope you are enjoying the good weather now you are finished work. :)

I am going through the ridiculous irrational fears in my head tonight :rolleyes: honestly my head is a dangerously stupid place some days.

Strike that, they're back!

I am the same as you wolf! I keep thinking I'm smelling smoke but it smells like smokey bacon rather than fire smoke? I wouldn't know how thst would even remotely be possible! :P

Strike that, they're back!

I am the same as you wolf! I keep thinking I'm smelling smoke but it smells like smokey bacon rather than fire smoke? I wouldn't know how thst would even remotely be possible! :P

I have it in my head there is something wrong and they knew and never told me, stupid logic, they are legally obliged to tell me, stupid head :/

SnoozySuzie, are you doing it in the ultrasound dept or in the outpatients downstairs, the ultrasound dept is air conditioned as it is near the ICU but that outpatients is like an oven!!!

I have so much more room for my stomach, I'm starving sll the time! If I'm not careful, could end up with a 10lbr :/

The joys of living in the countryside. I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to swat a moth. It was huge. Hopefully nothing will happen tonight because I'm on my own and have no one on call. The same on Saturday, everyone is gone away or is busy. Have bad heartburn now and I want to rebel and sleep on my back but I just can't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone is keeping well :) Not long left!!

39 weeks for me today! 1 week to D-day but I doubt it will happen on that day. This little one is far too comfy to budge :) still not engaged. Getting braxton hicks but very mild, painless in fact, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing... :o From the sounds of things, you ladies may have your babies here before me!

Loving maternity leave at the moment, the weather is amazing :D:D

So looking forward to hearing some news on this page soon! :)

Same here. It's hard not to love life when the weather is like that :). I think I forgot I was pregnant this morning and went for a 4km walk up the beach. Don't know what I would have done if I went into labour and had to turn back. I got my friend to take a few pictures of the bump in the sun. I keep thinking that this could be the day and I won't have any nice photos to remember this time by.

I have exactly 2 weeks to go today. If I hadn't already got my holidays, I'd only be starting my maternity leave today. I don't know how I would have lasted that long, fair play to anyone who did.

Same here, can't wait for news! Still hard to get around the fact it's going to happen soon. I'm waiting for it to kick off, but might not be for a while. I'm loving maternity too, I'm on my third book since friday :P n have been sleeping and going for walks during the day n it doesn't matter if it takes me long to sleep at night because I don't have to get up the next day!

Only thing now is its getting hard to walk, my hips are quite sore as are the bottom of my feet which is a bit weird! Probably just the extra weight theyre carrying around!

I was at Killiney beach yesterday, the OH got a bit of heatstroke so only stayed near home today, but still getting a lovely tan. So glad you ladies are enjoying your maternity leave. This weather is amazing, it is lovely, even dragging the belly around :) Just remember everyone, stay hydrated.

Hard to believe the latest I will have my baby in my arms is 13 days! Scary.

• Advertisement

Had a scan and check up with the midwife today! They said the baby is measuring about 8lb already and they don't want me going too far over so I'm booked in for a sweep next Wednesday! My due date is Monday so hopefully I won't need the sweep!!

Had a scan and check up with the midwife today! They said the baby is measuring about 8lb already and they don't want me going too far over so I'm booked in for a sweep next Wednesday! My due date is Monday so hopefully I won't need the sweep!!

Which hospital are you with? I find I am just in n out in a few mins n nothing mentioned whatsoever about weight, whether they might bring me in or anything. They barely speak to you!

Which hospital are you with? I find I am just in n out in a few mins n nothing mentioned whatsoever about weight, whether they might bring me in or anything. They barely speak to you!

I find the same! Yesterday I would have been in and out in a minute only that I had loads of questions ready and because my due date is so close, I wanted to have everything little thing covered and accounted for. Like the consultant didn't even point out to me that I have group B strep. She flicked through my notes quickly. Where are you having your baby Loubian?

I'm doing the domino scheme with the Rotunda so I go see the midwife in my local clinic! I can't recommend it enough they spend about 20-30 mins at each check up they don't rush you at all?

I'm with holles st. The other day, I was waiting 90 mibs before they even started calling and 2 hours in total before I was seen. I was at the start of the queue. N then I was in there for a two-three minutes tops. I know it's a good sign that everything is ok, but you do just skim you over! I forgot to ask about the strep b! Do you think this could be asked in your gp? I dunno what to ask really when I go in, everything just escapes my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Hi all,

Maybe not often a man posts in here! My wife is 3 days past her due date, she's feeling very frustrated and upset and is worrying about the baby getting bigger and that will make the delivery more difficult. We were in Holles st earlier for a checkup at the outpatients and as usual, the doctor took a quick look and said everything was fine. My wife asked to have the baby's weight estimated and an approx size but the doctor said "We don't give those details past-term, it's standard procedure". I found this a bit odd and it's just frustrating my wife even more.

Anyway experienced this before? Any advice you could give to me or my wife would be so appreciated. She's going bananas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

dutopia wrote: »
    Hi all,

Maybe not often a man posts in here! My wife is 3 days past her due date, she's feeling very frustrated and upset and is worrying about the baby getting bigger and that will make the delivery more difficult. We were in Holles st earlier for a checkup at the outpatients and as usual, the doctor took a quick look and said everything was fine. My wife asked to have the baby's weight estimated and an approx size but the doctor said "We don't give those details past-term, it's standard procedure". I found this a bit odd and it's just frustrating my wife even more.

Anyway experienced this before? Any advice you could give to me or my wife would be so appreciated. She's going bananas!

First of all it's just an estimated due date, the baby may not yet be ready to be born, doctors just make an educated guess at when it is due, so she shouldn't be worried about it getting bigger, they don't grow much at that stage anyway.

I take it this is your first? :) Very seldom do firsts come by their due date, they have a tendency to take their sweet time ;) It is the 12 day overdue mark that doctors will even start to become concerned. The baby only grows about half a pound a week at the end of pregnancy, so don't worry, it won't grow too much.

38 weeks today and only 12 days max before I see my little one. I have had a bit of show yesterday and today so don't think I will be waiting too long. Though the baby has gone high again :rolleyes: But by tomorrow it may go down again, honestly, the child is up and down like no bodies business! Doctor was satisfied this morning that my swollen ankles are only weather based, nothing bad, so that's good.

Getting a great tan and loving the sun (with a healthy dose of sun cream of course). Going out later to organise my son's school uniform, I am getting all emotional and weird and I don't think the hormones can be blamed. Scary!!!!

• Advertisement

Getting a really tight pain all around from my back to my front. it's kind of constant but kind of getting waves of it aswell :/:/

Advertisement