Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Getting a really tight pain all around from my back to my front. it's kind of constant but kind of getting waves of it aswell :/:/

Could be a practice but if it's very painful, maybe you should ring up the hospital to be on the safe side :o.

Last night I had very strong Braxton Hicks, they kept me awake the whole night. I'm shattered today and the weather has my energy zapped too. Just feeling very restless and hot but I'm not ready for the baby to come yet either :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

If it is constant it isn't labour. But keep an eye on the times and regularity if it is in waves. 38 weeks is still a little early but is full term so any worries, ring the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I took down the time when I had that pain, n haven't had to take it down again. I was also able to make cupcakes so I don't think it's labour. The bulk of the pain/pressure went away when I sat down for a few minutes. I think it was just baby getting a bit further down. I still have back pain! Will keep an eye on all twinges anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. Baby Noah doing great. 8 days on he is 1onz above his birth weight. Hope all is keeping well in this heat.

Aw finally have my feet up now. Have zero energy and can't focus on any one thing at the minute. I feel like I'm trying to dodge a bullet and everyday I haven't gone into labour, I feel relieved! I think I'm just a bit scared of the road ahead. I still have a few things on my list to do and maybe when I have those things done, I'll be more ready. Mmm unlikely 8-|

• Advertisement

Oh sweet baby jesus, I think I am dying (slight over exaggeration perhaps) right, so obvious things a full term pregnant woman should not do; run for a bus and lift a huge heavy telly, and guess what i did? I swear I am my own worst enemy.

In bed now and I feel like I broke my pelvis, it is killing me. Hopefully baby is happy where it is for now. I cant move so birth would probably finish me.

The MIL rang tonight thinking I would leave my son with her until the baby is born, nearly erupted in laughter, I can barely deal with being away from him for the few days in hospital let alone any longer!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oh sweet baby jesus, I think I am dying (slight over exaggeration perhaps) right, so obvious things a full term pregnant woman should not do; run for a bus and lift a huge heavy telly, and guess what i did? I swear I am my own worst enemy.

In bed now and I feel like I broke my pelvis, it is killing me. Hopefully baby is happy where it is for now. I cant move so birth would probably finish me.

The MIL rang tonight thinking I would leave my son with her until the baby is born, nearly erupted in laughter, I can barely deal with being away from him for the few days in hospital let alone any longer!

Aw hopefully it's a bit of stiffness. You might just have to walk it out. I was sure I had pulled a muscle in my pelvis a full weeks ago but a few gentle walks helped. It's so hard feeling helpless and asking people to do things for you which are so easy to do when you're not pregnant.
    I feel like a furnace at the minute, I'm absolutely roasting. Feel like having an ice bath 8-/

Aw hopefully it's a bit of stiffness. You might just have to walk it out. I was sure I had pulled a muscle in my pelvis a full weeks ago but a few gentle walks helped. It's so hard feeling helpless and asking people to do things for you which are so easy to do when you're not pregnant.
    I feel like a furnace at the minute, I'm absolutely roasting. Feel like having an ice bath 8-/

Got up this morning and felt as right as rain. :) All delighted as we are off to the zoo today. Because we are frightened I could go into labour at any time we are bringing the small man out and about every day :) Plus this weather is far too nice to stay in!!!

Do babies quieten down before labour? My one has been quite quiet the last two days. I feel her moving as I type this, it's just not as jerky n punchy as before. I felt ten movements earlier. Do you think it's just her getting ready for birth? I'm trying to avoid ringing the hosp coz ill be in there hours in this heat, so I'm debating whether to make an appointment with my gp just to have a listen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Do babies quieten down before labour? My one has been quite quiet the last two days. I feel her moving as I type this, it's just not as jerky n punchy as before. I felt ten movements earlier. Do you think it's just her getting ready for birth? I'm trying to avoid ringing the hosp coz ill be in there hours in this heat, so I'm debating whether to make an appointment with my gp just to have a listen...

They run out of space when they get big obviously, so can't do as big movements.

• Advertisement

I've felt a good few kicks since this morning. Think she's just being lazy in the sun like her mother :P hope everyone is having a good day :)

Under a tree in the zoo. So warm, perfect ratio of cool breeze to warmth. I don't want to move! waddling around here is tiring but having a great day

I've felt a good few kicks since this morning. Think she's just being lazy in the sun like her mother :P hope everyone is having a good day :)

How you feeling now? Much movement?

How you feeling now? Much movement?

Yeah feeling a bit now! Few bh too! I'm happy once I can feel her moving!

My original due date today!

My original due date today!

Imagine. It's mad not many of us have our babies yet. You'd nearly get used to being pregnant. I'm having a nice lazy Saturday, still in bed. Not going to feel guilty, they'll soon be few and far between :):(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

My due date was today too and my boys are 12 days old!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    My due date was today too and my boys are 12 days old!

12 days sounds so old lol! Hope they're both being good for you. I'll be coming on here looking for tips from you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Gorgeous weather but I'm dying in this heat! My poor puffy ankles :/ baby is starting to engage so am hoping something might start to happen over the next couple of weeks. Hoping everyone is feeling well (and cool..!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Thank God it was a bit cooler last night and I got a good night's sleep! Was panicking about going into labour and being absolutely wrecked and not being able to cope! My official due date is tomorrow so now I've had a sleep the baby can come :-D

• Advertisement

As much as I have been loving the warm weather, it is so nice to have a day off from it, I am wrecked from going out for hours everyday. I am looking forward to a day around the home now. One good thing about this weather being so warm even at night, the disturbed sleep is prepping me for baby. I get violent kicks every night at around 3ish so I wonder is that baby' way of saying "Get used to 3am, this is when I'll be up", very thoughtful if it is:D

Very stressful afternoon with the MIL yesterday (actually only two hours, but felt longer) and went to be mentally worn last night.

Feeling good today though :) Going baking with no1 in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

My wife had her baby yesterday at 5:30am! She was induced, but her cervix didn't open after being in labour for nearly 12 hours so they performed a section on her. Very impressed with the doctors and medical staff at Holles st - very professional.

dutopia wrote: »
    My wife had her baby yesterday at 5:30am! She was induced, but her cervix didn't open after being in labour for nearly 12 hours so they performed a section on her. Very impressed with the doctors and medical staff at Holles st - very professional.

So glad she and baby are okay. I had an early morning section too with no.1. Congrats and hope you all the best :)

Congrats :) hope mum n baby are doing well

Congrats to you and your wife. It's great to welcome another July baby to the world safe and sound :). I'm sure you're on cloud nine and enjoy every second of it.

How was everyone's day? 39 weeks tomorrow :O

I had a lovely restful day. Managed a 9 hour sleep last night and went for another hours sleep during the day. Could definitely go through labour if I kept that level of sleeping up. I nearly keep forgetting I'm pregnant and in no more than 3 weeks I'll have a baby to look after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Due date today but no sign of anything happening!! ! Hopefully the sweep on Wednesday will work , really don't want to be induced!

Anyone know if I should be asking certain questions at this point, or does it really depend on how I am n how baby is? I'm with my gp this week which everyone, including myself, finds strange as we all thought it'd be hospital every week, but I'm taking it that everything is ok, or else they'd want me back in the hospital. I'm 39 weeks today! Other than a few twinges here and there, there's no sign.. no plug or show.. so I'm trying my best to prepare myself for a long wait!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if I should be asking certain questions at this point, or does it really depend on how I am n how baby is? I'm with my gp this week which everyone, including myself, finds strange as we all thought it'd be hospital every week, but I'm taking it that everything is ok, or else they'd want me back in the hospital. I'm 39 weeks today! Other than a few twinges here and there, there's no sign.. no plug or show.. so I'm trying my best to prepare myself for a long wait!

I'm the exact same. Don't have another appointment until my due date on the 24th when they'll give me a date for induction if nothing has happened by then. I'm going to book an appointment with my GP for Wed. I know I've had a straight forward pregnancy but I thought I'd be in the hospital more too. I'm feeling a good bit of movement and had a few cramps yesterday and I thought this is it, it's happening but absolutely nothing!

It's hard to know what to ask but when I was in the hospital I asked the consultant to go through my file word for word. I asked them about my most recent blood sample, urine samples etc. I asked them when I was getting the scan the exact position of the baby. I tried to find out the weight but they couldn't tell me. I'm not sure if it's too late to get a swab taken to find out if you're Group B strep. You could request one neverthelesss. One of the midwives brought me on a tour of the maternity ward and I learnt so much then. If you haven't done that, I'd definitely recommend it.

I suppose it's a waiting game from here on in but I'm gonna brace myself for a long wait! Last week I was doing too much around the house and had no energy but I'm gonna be a lazy sod from here on in and save my energy for the big day :-0

Advertisement