Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

loubian wrote: »
    Anyone know if I should be asking certain questions at this point, or does it really depend on how I am n how baby is? I'm with my gp this week which everyone, including myself, finds strange as we all thought it'd be hospital every week, but I'm taking it that everything is ok, or else they'd want me back in the hospital. I'm 39 weeks today! Other than a few twinges here and there, there's no sign.. no plug or show.. so I'm trying my best to prepare myself for a long wait!

Im in the same boat as you. Was just in with GP and he just had a feel of my bump, baby is starting to get engaged (yayyy! :D:D). Im due this Wednesday and not back in hospital until Monday. GP just asked if I noticed any leaking and then pointed out the obvious - waters break, go into hospital - and that was it! He's not my usual GP, wasnt very impressed with him. My usual GP normally gives me a scan but none today.

Ive had a few twinges too but they go as quick as they come. Nothing else either. Think this baby is far too comfy! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

The general rule is even number weeks - hospital, odd number weeks - gp at the end. though mine swapped around because of my section date.

I cannot believe that if i dont go naturally, this day next week I will be rechecking my bag and preparing for the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    The general rule is even number weeks - hospital, odd number weeks - gp at the end. though mine swapped around because of my section date.

I cannot believe that if i dont go naturally, this day next week I will be rechecking my bag and preparing for the hospital.

Nerve wrecking but exciting for you :). I feel under pressure to have the baby here as soon as I can because loads of my extended family are coming up the August bank holiday. Also, my sister is coming home from Australia on the morning of my due date and she can only stay 3 weeks max and my sister in London is coming over on the 30th of July and can only stay until the 7th of August. She is going to Australia in September so she wants to spend as much time with the baby as she can. I can feel the pressure :(

Oh I know, my partners family are near the same, they are mad the section date is two days before my due date as his sister wont see the baby for 2 days. Then I feel pressure to go naturally before that so my partner can help me for as long as possible as he back to college on the 5th of august. But if I do he can't be with me as he'll have to mind our son.

I have come to the conclusion that I seem to matter the least in all of this according to everyone else. Forget of course it is me doing all the work.

How is everyone coping with the heat? I am one of the latest in the month so I can imagine some of you ladies are feeling it even more since it is closer your due dates?

• Advertisement

Thank goodness it's been a nice cool day in Donegal. My back has been sore all day. I really need to learn my lesson and stop lifting things and conserve my energy. Really need my bed so I hope this baby can wait another few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    How is everyone coping with the heat? I am one of the latest in the month so I can imagine some of you ladies are feeling it even more since it is closer your due dates?

It was bearable today, but the pure scorchers are hard work! Feel like you should be sitting out yet it's too warm; I find it hard to breathe! Plus it's making me sleepy which isn't helping my nesting come together :P can't believe I'm in my last schefulwd week of pregnancy! I know I could have another two after this but still! A few of my friends think I'll go early.. if their instinct is right, I'll have the baby by the end of the week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Officially over due now!
    Was up all night with a pain in my back so hopefully it's a sign that things are starting to move!
    I had a dream my waters broke and I went into the hospital and was already 7cm dilated. Hopefully it will be that easy! I woke up before I had the baby but the midwife told me it had red hair.

Yeah I was up a lot of last night with backache and cramps too, no real timing to them so probably practise, hopefully it will be as easy as your dream for you, and as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Hey, is anyone else finding the heat horrific at night? Am grand during day but night is a different story,

Not due till 25th but head us engaged a while now and at my request midwife gave me a sweep on fri, have to say for anyone getting one it was grand barely even uncomfortable , had spottingfor a couple of days after but nothing since..... Am with my gp this fri does anyone know if your gp will carry out sweeps? Am so desperate to get things moving have absolutely no patience!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Xalot, I'm having a sweep in the morning and was hearing a few horror stories!!
    I'm not coping with the heat at all at night!!! I have a fan on all night driving my OH mad.
    At my scan last week I was told the wards don't have air conditioning so to make friends with a midwife and try get a bed beside the window :-)

Tossing and turning like a mad thing at night, sleeping is a luxury I have not had with a while, on the up side at least I am being trained for next week!

So you can voluntarily ask for a sweep? I feel clueless sbout what to do now in terms of what is expected to happen n so on! Definitely feels like the baby is getting comfortable though! I toss and turn all night long too, but I do get to sleep a bit. Must be a sign that labour ISNT on the way because I have no energy! Still, she'll be here in three weeks max! Feels so long saying that :(

Has anyone thought about bf? I think we all mentioned it at some point, but wondering if people are still going to try.. I am, I want to try, but I'm a very self conscious person n can see myself feeling awkward if I had to bf in public. So because of this, I'm thinking of expressing so I have bottles prepared.. but then I read thst its not good to mix the nipple n bottle because baby gets confused...? I'm hoping that I won't care about the self consciousness obce she's born, I'll only be worried about getting a hungry baby fed, but anyone else feel like this?

I am giving it a go. You can get blankets and the like that you throw over your shoulder that allows the baby to breathe while keeping the boob covered so you don't feel so self concious.

You can get certain bottles too that are called naturals, a bit more expensive but are supposedly for express fed bf babies as they are more nipple like.

I definitely want to try breast feeding too but I'd be like you Loubian, I'd feel very self conscious of breastfeeding in front of other people and if I was at home and there were other people in the room, I'd prefer to bring the baby up to the bedroom and feed her there. I read a very interesting piece on breastfeeding babies and the author made a very good point about if you were having your dinner would you like other people to sit and watch you while you eat. I suppose it's the same for the baby and she deserves to be fed in peace. Each to their own though and I guess you just have to go with what is comfortable for you.

I'm really worrying about what to do when people come into the house to visit the baby. I'm worried that loads of people will flood the house when the baby is born and I want to create a nice peaceful atmosphere for her. My Dad is hosting a 'going away' barbeque 'weekend' for my sister who is going to Australia on the August bank holiday and I'm really annoyed about it. I feel like loads of people are being invited who I wouldn't particularly get on with and they're going to flood the house to see the baby and I don't want that. They're the very people who offered me no support during the pregnancy but were gossiping about me behind my back. The thing that annoys me is that it's my other sisters birthday on the 30th of July and she's coming the whole way from Australia to help me for 3 weeks and there's no word of that. It's also taking away from the baby being born which is the most important thing.

Sorry for the long rant but the politics that goes on in families annoys me sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

I'm hoping to breastfeed too. Fingers crossed it works out but I'm not gonna get myself stressed over it. Feeling quite relaxed about everything, though that could all change when I'm in full blown labour! ;) I've had a busy day today, went a bit mad cleaning, washing and tidying the house. Nesting has kicked in I think! Even the poor dog was put into the bath lol! Will probably be stuck to the bed tomorrow after it all. I think this baby is very comfy and can see myself going over my date :S next midwife appt on Friday so hopefully baby will have dropped lower and engaged more. It had started to engage last week. Icecreamqueen I completely understand you feeling annoyed! That's one thing that worries me too- the stream of visitors in the first couple of weeks, I'm hoping to have even a week of quietness just to settle into the routine and get my head around everything.

Ohh I always feel bad about giving out so much. My hormones are definitely playing up and I'm anxious about certain things but I know I have so much to be grateful for. Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing evening :)

Was getting pains all evening, was timing them, they were only every 40-50 mins or so, they've stopped for time being, as much as I want them to develop, I'm scared of it actually happening! People are asking me already if there's any movement. Still another 5 days til dd. Feeling bleh tonight. Bleh.

Was getting pains all evening, was timing them, they were only every 40-50 mins or so, they've stopped for time being, as much as I want them to develop, I'm scared of it actually happening! People are asking me already if there's any movement. Still another 5 days til dd. Feeling bleh tonight. Bleh.

I'm surprised we've all lasted this long! I'm in the same boat, a bit scared too. I've been putting it off for so long that I wouldn't know what to do if it actually happened. Part of me is hoping I'll go over because if I'm induced at least I'll be in the hospital when it happens and not on the beach or shop or some random place. I can feel how little space the baby has now, everytime I eat I feel like I'm squeezing the poor wee thing into a tiny space.

• Advertisement

It's amazing there are so many of us due at the end of the month. 6 days max of natural time for me. i really want to go naturally now, because it would be more time at home, but the other niggly thought in my head is that next tuesday is close enough but far enough away too.

I am not sure if I'd be able for 2. I am so fricken scared! Also family driving us mad, but thats nothing new!

Had sweep this morning. It's uncomfy but not the worse thing in the world! Cervix is soft and low and head is well engaged! I'm booked in for another sweep Saturday morning but the midwife said hopefully she'll be seeing me before then :-D

Hope it works first time round for you SnoozySuzie. :D xx

Can't wait to get things rolling myself! Hopefully we'll have another july baby soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

D-day for me today!!!! Absolutely nothing happening!!!!

I'm so impatient! Just wanna meet my little baby now :-) not back in hospital til Monday for appointment but fingers crossed ill be going in before then! Going for a walk soon, then gonna have some pineapple and then give the birthing ball a go!!!

Hope all goes well for you snoozysusie!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

2 September babies decided to become July babies, happydayz8 had her twins yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Thanks for all the kind words, I hope everyone else due this month has a good labour and a healthy baby.

Anyone else feeling exhausted? I thought you were meant to get energy in the last few weeks! I've already had a nap, feel like having another one!

Anyone else feeling exhausted? I thought you were meant to get energy in the last few weeks! I've already had a nap, feel like having another one!

I have my good and bad days depending on how much I've rested and slept the night before. I keep finding jobs around the house to do and can't seem to sit still. Short of abseiling down the side of the house to clean the windows, I dunno what I'll think of next to do :-/

I had another appointment with the doctor today. I've changed GPs down here as I wanted a female doctor and I'm delighted with her. Everything seems to be going as it should be. Only 1 week left, I just can't believe it. Can't believe there'll be a little baby sleeping in my bedroom soon, it's surreal 8-)

One Born Every Minute is on TV now. Delightful watching.

• Advertisement

I've had a really stiff, sore back all evening. I can barely walk. I went for a walk earlier and it didn't loosen it out. I wonder is it just that I'm over doing it cleaning and stretching or something else emmm.

Advertisement