Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey, hope everyone is doing well. I am 39 weeks today. So last hospital appointment and getting all my details for the section on Tuesday are my plans for today. I am so jealous, A and daddy are going to the cinema for A's first time and I will be in a sweaty hospital a mere 100m away :( They'll have fun though and the last thing I would ever want is for my kid to be stuck in a crowded waiting room for 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey, hope everyone is doing well. I am 39 weeks today. So last hospital appointment and getting all my details for the section on Tuesday are my plans for today. I am so jealous, A and daddy are going to the cinema for A's first time and I will be in a sweaty hospital a mere 100m away :( They'll have fun though and the last thing I would ever want is for my kid to be stuck in a crowded waiting room for 2 hours.

Omg you'll have your baby in 6 days wolf!!

loubian wrote: »
    Omg you'll have your baby in 6 days wolf!!

At the most. :D So who wants to get in before me :D

My boobs are very heavy today, so hopefully there will be loads of cholestrum/milk for the little one. My poor OH is freaking out, I don't think he realised just how close we are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aw best of luck Wolfpawnat, I'll be thinking of you ;). I think this baby is too snug to make an appearance any time soon. My back feels a lot better today so it must have been the cleaning I was doing. I think I'll be heading for the nearest Indian restaurant come Tuesday if baby isn't here. Might try the vindaloo :P

Just back from the doctor, he has said that baby's head is completely free, not engaged at all, he could move the head around. He said there are three possible reasons-baby's head is too big for my pelvic area, baby is a lot bigger than expected or that the placenta is in the way. I'm pissed off at the way things have gone in holles st, I was told head is partially engaged n that it wouldn't budge, n given the wuick scan over n sent on my way. I'm also pissed at the two different opinions I'm always getting n I don't know which to believe. The doc said if I suspect I'm going into labour, to go in because if my waters broke the cord could come out or something like that. I'm petrified now :( I dunno whether to ring the hospital now n go in for a referral or wait til next week :( doc said I didn't need to ring right away but I'm going to be do scared of my waters breaking now :( aaggghhhh

• Advertisement

Just back from the doctor, he has said that baby's head is completely free, not engaged at all, he could move the head around. He said there are three possible reasons-baby's head is too big for my pelvic area, baby is a lot bigger than expected or that the placenta is in the way. I'm pissed off at the way things have gone in holles st, I was told head is partially engaged n that it wouldn't budge, n given the wuick scan over n sent on my way. I'm also pissed at the two different opinions I'm always getting n I don't know which to believe. The doc said if I suspect I'm going into labour, to go in because if my waters broke the cord could come out or something like that. I'm petrified now :( I dunno whether to ring the hospital now n go in for a referral or wait til next week :( doc said I didn't need to ring right away but I'm going to be do scared of my waters breaking now :( aaggghhhh

Aw that's not good, getting conflicting opinions. Maybe you should ring the hospital and they should give you a proper scan. Did the GP find out your babies position just by feeling your tummy?

Aw that's not good, getting conflicting opinions. Maybe you should ring the hospital and they should give you a proper scan. Did the GP find out your babies position just by feeling your tummy?

Yeah he felt my stomach the same way the doc had in the hospital last week! Doc in hospital said it was partially engaged n not going to budge. Gp said it's completely free n he can move it around.

Yeah he felt my stomach the same way the doc had in the hospital last week! Doc in hospital said it was partially engaged n not going to budge. Gp said it's completely free n he can move it around.

Aw annoying. The hospital should really have been scanning you to find out babies proper position. If you feel up to it, maybe you should go into the hospital and demand a scan.

Aw annoying. The hospital should really have been scanning you to find out babies proper position. If you feel up to it, maybe you should go into the hospital and demand a scan.

Yeh they scan you so quick you wonder can they see anything at all. I know if I rang, they'd say some in, n I know that it's only to check welfare of child, but the thought of spending hours in there in this heat isn't exactly inviting! I'll see how I feel in a while, I don't want to be stressed out all weekend either!

Yeh they scan you so quick you wonder can they see anything at all. I know if I rang, they'd say some in, n I know that it's only to check welfare of child, but the thought of spending hours in there in this heat isn't exactly inviting! I'll see how I feel in a while, I don't want to be stressed out all weekend either!

Yeah hard to know what to do but going into the hospital might give you better peace of mind and as you're having the baby there, they'll tell you the procedures in the different scenarios. I suppose your GP can't really tell you that for sure.

• Advertisement

I have had conflicting opinions from the docs and GP this pregnancy too loubian. I know this sounds a bit bitchy, but I prefer to stick with the hospital docs opinions more as they specialize in babies, GP's are really jacks of all trades.

That said, I would seek assurance that everything is okay. But as I am currently on my way to the hospital and know that I will be roasting for the afternoon. I understand the hesistation. Go with your gut.

I'm just off the phone to the midwife now. She said they wouldn't be too worried about it so I can just come to my normal appointment next week! I have a feeling whatever way I was lying last night might have budged her a bit! Just have to be extra vigilant now! Just wish didn't have this stress now at the end of the pregnancy!

I'm just off the phone to the midwife now. She said they wouldn't be too worried about it so I can just come to my normal appointment next week! I have a feeling whatever way I was lying last night might have budged her a bit! Just have to be extra vigilant now! Just wish didn't have this stress now at the end of the pregnancy!

That's good news, that should ease your mind a bit. I think my baby is moving position a lot. Yesterday at the GP, she told me that the baby has nearly all her weight over on the left hand side and that's why I'm getting bad heartburn but now I think she's shifted over to the right hand side, going by feeling my belly and that I didn't have bad heartburn last night.

So that was the fastest appointment yet. I wish it was always that fast! In and out in just over an hour! The doctor gave me a sweep and checked my cervix it is very unfavourable so they are doubtful the sweep will help bring things along.

So meds and rules made for Tuesday now. It's just a waiting game. The OH thinks we should send A to his grandmother on Saturday to prepare for the baby by resting. I'm not sure, that thought scares me! That means she will have him for a week :( That could set him back so much

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

That's good, with no disrespect to the GP I'd nearly go on what the hospital docs/midwives say. A friend of mine who was due her first baby was told babys head was engaged, then at another appt the head was free again. I think sometimes they just move about a bit! Annoying for you to get conflicting information though! I've been told my bump had dropped but I'm still worried baby is no more engaged than last week. We will see on Monday! Hope you are feeling a little better now, you're not alone hon- I think my baby is too comfy in there too lol! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

So that was the fastest appointment yet. I wish it was always that fast! In and out in just over an hour! The doctor gave me a sweep and checked my cervix it is very unfavourable so they are doubtful the sweep will help bring things along.

So meds and rules made for Tuesday now. It's just a waiting game. The OH thinks we should send A to his grandmother on Saturday to prepare for the baby by resting. I'm not sure, that thought scares me! That means she will have him for a week :( That could set him back so much

That's so exciting Wolf! You'll have your baby by Tuesday! I'm jealous lol ;) I think I'll still be sitting here in 2 weeks!! Whatever you do with the little man, do try to rest up over weekend, you'll be glad of it. Fingers crossed you won't even have to wait til Tuesday..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

How exciting wolfpawnet!
    Still no sign of baby here! Had loads of pressure and twinges last night after sweep and thought it might be the start of something but woke up this morning and they're gone!! Looks like I'll be getting the 2nd sweep Saturday morning!

Yeah, I have fierce pressure since the sweep too. I was trying not to yell at the doctor as she did it. It hurt a bit.

I am absolutely dying today. this heat will melt me.

I'm going to burst! Went for food with my friend, am a Christmas turkey right now! Baby's foot is right on a sensitive nerve, pushing out. Last night she moved against it and my whole body jumped! My friend got me a ball to bounce on so that's my mission over next few days, get this baby as down as she can get! I spent the day cleaning today so I can rest tomorrow!

Could have been the Last Supper Loubian ;). I spent most of the evening in bed, felt faint and dizzy. I think there was thunder in the air. Feel a lot better now after my rest. Wish I had spent the day cleaning but didn't do much and want to Hoover all the rooms and mop the floors tomorrow. The way I want to feel now is if I went in to labour, I could close the front door behind me and be happy with the house being clean and tidy, ready for the baby to come back to.

• Advertisement

Could have been the Last Supper Loubian ;). I spent most of the evening in bed, felt faint and dizzy. I think there was thunder in the air. Feel a lot better now after my rest. Wish I had spent the day cleaning but didn't do much and want to Hoover all the rooms and mop the floors tomorrow. The way I want to feel now is if I went in to labour, I could close the front door behind and be happy with the house being clean and tidy, ready for the baby to come back to.

As long as baby is safe, I don't mind when she comes. Although I'd be happy if she waited until after next Tuesday so I can talk to midwife about the fact that the head isn't engaged! N what the options are! Funny how one piece of information can change your mindset :/ Going to have to keep myself busy tomorrow or else it will just keep playing on my mind!

Jeez this baby is going mad tonight. She's moving this way and that, I have constant ripples across my tummy. I feel so hot and feel like I'm dripping downstairs a bit. I've had so many false alarms at this stage that I feel it's just another one.

Jeez this baby is going mad tonight. She's moving this way and that, I have constant ripples across my tummy. I feel so hot and feel like I'm dripping downstairs a bit. I've had so many false alarms at this stage that I feel it's just another one.

I hate not knowing what to do! The dripping could be sweat if you're very hot! Maybe have a cold shower to cool you down n then see if you're still leaking. If you feel you are, ring the hosp. Better to put your mind at ease instead of stressing, as you suggested to me earlier :)

I hate not knowing what to do! The dripping could be sweat if you're very hot! Maybe have a cold shower to cool you down n then see if you're still leaking. If you feel you are, ring the hosp. Better to put your mind at ease instead of stressing, as you suggested to me earlier :)

I think it feels like discharge though, sorry too much info! I think I'm not going to put it off anymore and I'm gonna put one of those mattress protection sheets on my bed tonight. My friend suggested I wear a nappy! I do have some dignity left 8-\

Rule of thumb, fresh undies and a sanitary towel. If it soaks the towel in under 3 hours and has no urine odour, its waters.

I think it feels like discharge though, sorry too much info! I think I'm not going to put it off anymore and I'm gonna put one of those mattress protection sheets on my bed tonight. My friend suggested I wear a nappy! I do have some dignity left 8-\

I use one of my sons bed wetting pads that goes under the sheets. Embarrassing to admit but nice to have the security.

Rule of thumb, fresh undies and a sanitary towel. If it soaks the towel in under 3 hours and has no urine odour, its waters.

Thanks for the great advice. I think I'm going to try to go bed as usual tonight and see what happens, nothing probably. Think this baby will be a bit of a trickster.

I was supposed to go to town again today for the fourth day this week, far too tired though and I have to go in again tomorrow to give the wee man to his nana. I don't want to :( so instead I am sitting on the bed after cleaning for ages and taking a small nap. I really wish I wasn't so tired so much. I an fully convinced it is Saturday today. It is bloody annoying me.

It is scary to count down the days to Tuesday so definitely. The sweep seems to have done nothing but cause a small increase in the show I have had for over a week.

I hope all you ladies and babies are having a good day.

Even though I'm a bit more anxious about going into labour because of the free head, I want her here! As it gets closer to dd, 3days, it's scarier saying that though coz it could happen at sny moment! :/ eeeeek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Finally have some movement! 2 days overdue. Lost my mucous plug today (sorry for tmi!!!) and have been having contractions since this morning. Not too bad so far but no consistency in timing at all. At least things are moving!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well in this heat!!!!

Advertisement