Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

JD24 wrote: »
    Finally have some movement! 2 days overdue. Lost my mucous plug today (sorry for tmi!!!) and have been having contractions since this morning. Not too bad so far but no consistency in timing at all. At least things are moving!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well in this heat!!!!

Ahhh that's great news. It'll only be a matter of time now. Best of luck and I hope bubs makes a swift entrance into the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I'm jealous JD24 I'm 4 days over due and no sign of anything happening! Back with the midwife in the morning for my second sweep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Finally have some movement! 2 days overdue. Lost my mucous plug today (sorry for tmi!!!) and have been having contractions since this morning. Not too bad so far but no consistency in timing at all. At least things are moving!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well in this heat!!!!

Oh JD24 nice and close to due date. Hope you have a swift and good labour. You are the rotunda too aren't you?

I lost my plug today but no contractions so I have a bit of a wait yet. Little man is off to nana's tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hopefully the second sweep works for you SnoozySuzie. We all seem to have very laid back babies!!

Yeap, in the rotunda. it's weird I'm terrified but desperately want labour to start... I'm so ready to meet my little one

Yeap, in the rotunda. it's weird I'm terrified but desperately want labour to start... I'm so ready to meet my little one

They are lovely in the Rotunda, you will be there soon. Who knows we may be in at the same time :D

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oh JD24 nice and close to due date. Hope you have a swift and good labour. You are the rotunda too aren't you?

I lost my plug today but no contractions so I have a bit of a wait yet. Little man is off to nana's tomorrow.

I feel so green about all these things and I don't have too many friends who have gone through it to ask. What actually happens when your plug goes?

I feel so green about all these things and I don't have too many friends who have gone through it to ask. What actually happens when your plug goes?

Don't ever hesiatare to ask. You can lose your plug up to 2 weeks before you go into labour. If you lose it, you are not at risk of infection. You are more at risk of having an embarrassing waters breaking in public though. It looks just like (sorry this is pretty disgusting) a really bad phlegmy chest infection mucus. Very thick and sticky. Far more so than regular vaginal discharge.

Don't ever hesiatare to ask. You can lose your plug up to 2 weeks before you go into labour. If you lose it, you are not at risk of infection. You are more at risk of having an embarrassing waters breaking in public though. It looks just like (sorry this is pretty disgusting) a really bad phlegmy chest infection mucus. Very thick and sticky. Far more so than regular vaginal discharge.

Thanks for the reply. The baby feels like she's bopping up and down this evening, like banging off downstairs and then lifting back up again. It's kind of sore but for some reason I'm laughing about it. I think it's nervous laughter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Feel so sick n in a lot of pain :( so tired :( wah

Braxton hicks added to the mix now. Baby has her foot on a nerve, it's so sore!

• Advertisement

Could not get comfortable for love nor money last night. The heat and the baby bump were an evil combo.

I gave my poor son a heart attack this morning. I lost a good bit of the plug yesterday, but the rest came away this morning. He came bolting into the bathroom to tell me he ate all his breakfast only to see me cleaning up a destroyed pair of undies. Poor little guy didn't know what to do. When he realised there was nothing wrong he was okay.

As much as I don't want nana to take him away today, I think it is for the best. Baby clearly has plans to come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Second sweep was more painful this morning because my cervix had moved to the back! Head has come down more and cervix is shorter and softer so at least there's some movement! I've an appointment with a consultant on Monday so at least I'll have a date for induction but hopefully I'll go before then!!!

My little one is up and down like a nobodies business, every day, I start off high and the bump gradually goes lower and lower. It is a right pain.

Hopefully the second sweep works SS.

I honestly feel like calling the fire brigade to hose me down! I'm scorched alive and I have my neighbour in tiling the bathroom so I can't have a cold shower until later. I don't think I'll forget this summer in a hurry but hopefully it's a good omen that our babies will have been born during the hottest summer in a long time :)

The fire brigade were on my road this morning to fill up their water tank from one of the hoses in the ground!

I was born during a scorcher of a summer so I'm glad to see this one is following tradition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Our little boy Darragh Patrick was born at 18.18 on Wed 17th. He arrived by caesarean section as expected. He weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. He's doing very well and we're looking forward to going home tomorrow.
    It is soooo warm in here. A tip for you girls, bring in a fan for your locker, it has been my lifesaver. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    Our little boy Darragh Patrick was born at 18.18 on Wed 17th. He arrived by caesarean section as expected. He weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. He's doing very well and we're looking forward to going home tomorrow.
    It is soooo warm in here. A tip for you girls, bring in a fan for your locker, it has been my lifesaver. :-)

Congrats vanna. He is a good sized little man and I wish nothing but the best for him. I dare say you will be so glad to get home.

vanna wrote: »

Fantastic news Vanna, I'm glad your angel has arrived safe and sound. The July babies are fairly racking up. I'm really hoping my baby arrives in July and not August.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Congratulations vanna!! Absolutely delighted for you :-)

Still holding on here, contractions since early yesterday, didnt get much sleep. Much more intense now, hoping to get to the 5 minute gap so I can go to hospital & get this done!

Heat is unbearable today :-(

Still holding on here, contractions since early yesterday, didnt get much sleep. Much more intense now, hoping to get to the 5 minute gap so I can go to hospital & get this done!

What do your contractions feel like n how did it start off?

• Advertisement

I thought with the rotunda they prefer you to head in at about the 10 min Mark?

I have fairly irregular pains at the moment. Not sure if I will make it to Tuesday. Only time will tell. Little guy is gone so I have my birthing partner.

So is it mostly boys so far? Will the girls level it up or will it be a boys month? :)

I thought with the rotunda they prefer you to head in at about the 10 min Mark?

I have fairly irregular pains at the moment. Not sure if I will make it to Tuesday. Only time will tell. Little guy is gone so I have my birthing partner.

So is it mostly boys so far? Will the girls level it up or will it be a boys month? :)

Next time I'm on the net properly and not on my phone I must compile a list of all the babies so far, like what the June Mammies did. I'm due a girl, I'm nearly sure as 3/4 scans said a girl or else it'll be one very metrosexual boy because its mostly pink clothes I have for her :-/

Would you like to go naturally at this stage?

Next time I'm on the net properly and not on my phone I must compile a list of all the babies so far, like what the June Mammies did. I'm due a girl, I'm nearly sure as 3/4 scans said a girl or else it'll be one very metrosexual boy because its mostly pink clothes I have for her :-/

Would you like to go naturally at this stage?

I only know of 4 babies so far. 3 boys and a girl. I can't wait to see what everyone has/had.

Loubian is having a girl too, I Don't know what I am having, so I played it safe with white and beige though if it is a boy it is sorted. Sure real men can wear pink ;)

I don't care now that himself is able to come with me. I was terrified of going natural alone as it requires a lot of support. Natural means less time inside so I would have my little man home sooner and easier recovery usually, but whatever happens happens you know?

Please please please baby don't come tonight. I'm so drained with the sun and today I stupidly wore flip flops that dig into me and now I have a sore foot. I think for the first time, they're starting to swell up too.

I think I'll be taking Vanna's advice and taking a fan into the hospital. My friend was telling me of mint facial spray you can get to refresh you during labour. I must try to track down a bottle of it.

Errr I'm really not getting on with my Dad at the minute. We have never got on too well and I have never forgiven him completely for things he did when I was a teenager. However, now he thinks he can come over to my house every single day and tell me what to do and try to get his stake in with the baby. He really couldn't give a **** about me but thinks he can be the perfect Grandad now. It's been upsetting me since I came down to Donegal. I feel like if I keep feeling like this, I won't be able to stay here and may have to go back to Dublin with the baby :'(

Errr I'm really not getting on with my Dad at the minute. We have never got on too well and I have never forgiven him completely for things he did when I was a teenager. However, now he thinks he can come over to my house every single day and tell me what to do and try to get his stake in with the baby. He really couldn't give a **** about me but thinks he can be the perfect Grandad now. It's been upsetting me since I came down to Donegal. I feel like if I keep feeling like this, I won't be able to stay here and may have to go back to Dublin with the baby :'(

I'm sorry to hear that icecreamqueen, I genuinely know where you are coming from though. My father left when I was 4, had no time for me when I needed a father, is a drunk now and made my life a living hell when I was pregnant with A, now he is ill he thinks I will forgive everything and he can play the doting grandfather. Ringing every day to check am I in hospital and saying his wife and he will come up for a week when the baby is born even though he is an alcoholic and impossible to get on with.

My OH and I are having kittens about it. We just want 2 weeks of just the 4 of us getting used to our new life and people telling us what will be happening instead of offering is really angering us both.

I'm sorry to hear that icecreamqueen, I genuinely know where you are coming from though. My father left when I was 4, had no time for me when I needed a father, is a drunk now and made my life a living hell when I was pregnant with A, now he is ill he thinks I will forgive everything and he can play the doting grandfather. Ringing every day to check am I in hospital and saying his wife and he will come up for a week when the baby is born even though he is an alcoholic and impossible to get on with.

My OH and I are having kittens about it. We just want 2 weeks of just the 4 of us getting used to our new life and people telling us what will be happening instead of offering is really angering us both.

Aw that sounds awful darling. At least it sounds like you have a good partner and a lovely family unit :). I know my Dad is a good person deep down but he doesn't always make the best choices and he doesn't know how to say sorry. If I could teach my daughter one thing, it'll be know when you've done wrong and say sorry. It took me 6 months to tell my Dad I was pregnant and I asked him not to tell anyone for the time being. He went ahead behind my back and told my evil sister who I really don't get on with and I had to listen to her saying I was a disgrace and I was going to have a b**t**d baby. That comment has upset me so much. I cannot let anyone say those things about my baby but it upset me so much that my own father facilitated that kind of behaviour from my own sister.

At least it sounds like you have a good partner and a lovely family unit :)

I had to listen to her saying I was a disgrace and I was going to have a b**t**d baby.

He is good most of the time, but he can have some of his mothers less desirable traits some days!

I had that with A too from his mother. Calling my baby a B-tard. I know how hurtful if is. Sure she adores him now, but you never forget the horrible things like that. They are not even born and people being vindictive about them. Neither she nor you deserve that. People like that are petty and beyond reason so try to forget her.

Your little girl is a perfect little thing and you and she are better than that. The joke is many people in marriage with "legitimate" kids never compare to a caring single parent. A marriage cert means nothing in child rearing, and that is nothing against marriage, it is just fact. Look at everything you have done for her, she isn't even born and you have shown how dedicated you are to her.

Just found a load of ants in my hallway, so fricken annoyed. Baby due in mere hours (56 roughly scaringly) and we've to deal with this sh!te. Those annoying neighbours left the front door open and the door to our common hallway and there are ant colonies all outside our apartments so clearly some got in from that. I really cannot believe this. Talcum powder everywhere now to kill the féckers.

Hurt my back/hip today n now my tail bone is really sore! Am looking forward to having my body back n having her in my arms!

Thanks for your wise words Wolfpawnat :). I think I need to keep focusing on the most important thing and forget about wasting energy on the rest. It's just certain scenarios will come up when the baby arrives and I want to have dealt with it in my head first to deal with it better in real life if that makes sense.

I thought I might have had an infected foot earlier. I cut my foot when those flip flops were digging into me and my right foot swoll up like a balloon and it hurt like hell. Definitely would not have been able to deal with the pain of labour and the foot at the same time but thankfully the swelling seems to have gone down and I can walk on it more easily.

• Advertisement

Keep the head up icecreamqueen. All of this is hard enough without added family drama.

Okay slightly nervous, in 47 hours I will be in hospital signing paperwork and the like. And as though to scare me further and to bring home the point, I can hear the 6 week old baby from next door crying.

Advertisement