Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Tomorrow is dd. It's getting very hard to move around. I hurt my hip yesterday, bump is ginormous, I feel so tired but can't sleep/get comfortable, feel weak n just not myself. To think I could be waiting another two weeks is both exciting me and scaring me! Exciting coz she'll be here in two weeks max, scary because it means having to haul a very heavy self around for another fortnight! Just am very happy I'm on maternity leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Tomorrow is dd. It's getting very hard to move around. I hurt my hip yesterday, bump is ginormous, I feel so tired but can't sleep/get comfortable, feel weak n just not myself. To think I could be waiting another two weeks is both exciting me and scaring me! Exciting coz she'll be here in two weeks max, scary because it means having to haul a very heavy self around for another fortnight! Just am very happy I'm on maternity leave!

Aw I know how you feel you poor thing. You just need to be good to yourself until she comes, lots of R n R. It'll be lovely if you could treat yourself to a nice spa treatment or massage. I keep dreaming of a spa day but just can't afford it.

It looks like the weather is going to cool down this week which should help. My feet were like canoes yesterday with the sun and heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

6 days over due today , two sweeps and nothing at all is happening!! I actually feel less pregnant than I did last week. I think I'm just gonna be pregnant forever :-)

6 days over due today , two sweeps and nothing at all is happening!! I actually feel less pregnant than I did last week. I think I'm just gonna be pregnant forever :-)

Have they given you a date for an induction if nothing happens?

Have an appointment with a consultant tomorrow for a scan and date to be induced! All along the midwives said 10 days max but yesterday the midwife said the consultant might let me go over 2weeks!
    Tomorrow is the first time I'll have to go into the outpatients department of the rotunda, I hope I'm not left sitting there for hours!!!

• Advertisement

Just think a Max of 8 days and you'll be holding your little one :). Is this your first baby?

Yep first baby! Hopefully the baby will be this laid back and lazy when it finally comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Have you lost your plug even? It can take 48-72 hours after a sweep. The general is 12 days over.

I was lucky at my last appointment I wasn't waiting long but the rotunda can be a pain.

Oh great. Walking home from tesco's and I can feel fluid pouring. I am so glad I decided to change into pants for the shop. It will be an interesting walk home.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oh great. Walking home from tesco's and I can feel fluid pouring. I am so glad I decided to change into pants for the shop. It will be an interesting walk home.

Is it your waters going? :):)

• Advertisement

Is it your waters going? :):)

Yep. Pants are soaked through now and still coming. No contractions.

I cannot stop laughing. I was freaking that I had no cat litter, food etc. As soon as I hot a big shop that will last the oh a few days pop went my waters. Ironic really. Wil have to ring the hospital when I get home. Waters breaking without contractions is an annoying one.

Lost my plug over 2 weeks ago!!
    How exciting Wolfpawnat!! I'm very jealous :-D

Yep. Pants are soaked through now and still coming. No contractions.

I cannot stop laughing. I was freaking that I had no cat litter, food etc. As soon as I hot a big shop that will last the oh a few days pop went my waters. Ironic really. Wil have to ring the hospital when I get home. Waters breaking without contractions is an annoying one.

But waters breaking without contractions means labour is definitely starting and you'll be contracting soon! You'll have your baby tomorrow! So exciting :):)

Lost my plug over 2 weeks ago!!
    How exciting Wolfpawnat!! I'm very jealous :-D

Running around now getting a wash on and organising. I really am insane. Dear god that's a while ago

Running around now getting a wash on and organising. I really am insane. Dear god that's a while ago

Eeek must be the adrenaline kicking in. I'd say I'd be running around like a headless chicken. Good luck whatever happens ;)

Eeek must be the adrenaline kicking in. I'd say I'd be running around like a headless chicken. Good luck whatever happens ;)

I cooked dinner and sorted sandwiches and everything, then waddled in on a luas and across the city centre. Waiting to be checked over now to see if I need to be admitted. Scary stuff.

I cooked dinner and sorted sandwiches and everything, then waddled in on a luas and across the city centre. Waiting to be checked over now to see if I need to be admitted. Scary stuff.

Good luck :)

I'll be praying for you :). I hope you're not on your own there. I'm watching the Donegal match and my heart is in my mouth. If this hasn't brought on early labour, then I don't know what will.

How you getting on wolf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I reckon she's pushing, I've not had a text from her since just after her last post here!

• Advertisement

Saoirse was born by 7:30 by section. She is so small and dainty but perfect. So drained but worth it. She fed and everything. Latched immediately. I couldn't be happier

Saoirse was born by 7:30 by section. She is so small and dainty but perfect. So drained but worth it. She fed and everything. Latched immediately. I couldn't be happier

Omg that was fast :) you had a girl :D I'm so happy for you :) aaah did your oh get to be there too?

Who's left now? I think there's still a good few of us!

That's amazing news :). I actually can't believe how quick that happened. Beautiful name too. So happy for you :)

Who's left now? I think there's still a good few of us!

Haha, it looks like it's just you and me left, it's getting a but lonely here. The waiting room is emptying out fast!

Delighted for you Wolfpawnat!!! What weight was she?

Delighted for you Wolfpawnat!!! What weight was she?

Seven pounds even. Smaller than expected but very healthy.

Good things come in small packages :-D
    I think all the names so far have been Irish?

Good things come in small packages :-D
    I think all the names so far have been Irish?

Yes ironically. Good solid names :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Congrats Wolfpawnat! Delighted for you :) hope you are recovering well.

Wide awake again. Can't get comfy and am having lots of backache and twinges here :( was so uncomfortable all yesterday evening. Couldn't even sit down! Hoping when I go to midwife appt later this morning she will say baby is fully engaged. Otherwise I might cry! Lol.

Advertisement