Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Today I've spent half the day on the birthing ball, did squats, had a hot bath and even Googled how to visualise the baby coming down to start labour and nothing!! I really don't want to be induced either .I've only 3 days to go and I'm running out of old wives tales fast :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Today I've spent half the day on the birthing ball, did squats, had a hot bath and even Googled how to visualise the baby coming down to start labour and nothing!! I really don't want to be induced either .I've only 3 days to go and I'm running out of old wives tales fast :-D

Do what I did, make plans, organise all these important things you had to do, buy everything needed for a nice dinner, and wait and see. I has bought fillet steak. I had the cot ready to be organised and everything. Pop go waters.

Ha ha I'll do that for tomorrow night! How are you getting on Wolfpawnat? Do you know when your going home yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Ha ha I'll do that for tomorrow night! How are you getting on Wolfpawnat? Do you know when your going home yet?

If all else fails, do what got the baby there in the first place, as recommended by our midwife in the antenatal classes! The oxytocin is meant to bring on labour ;)

Disgusted watching the Royal baby leave hospital! It should be me ha ha!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Disgusted watching the Royal baby leave hospital! It should be me ha ha!!!!!!

I feel the same way! How long overdue are you now? I'm not even one day n I feel like cracking up!

8 days now!!! Kate looked amazing I plan on bringing in tracksuit bottoms for going home :-D

8 days now!!! Kate looked amazing I plan on bringing in tracksuit bottoms for going home :-D

Ditto! The baby will be way better dressed than me. I can't remember the last time I bought something for myself. I'm gonna look like a scruff beside her.

We're alive. Saoirse is so tiny but sturdy. I am so frightened I will hurt her. No idea when we're home yet. Hoping for Thursday.

Are you still breastfeeding? My friend had a baby in the Rotunda a few months ago and said she didn't get much support at all with breastfeeding??

• Advertisement

Any signd of anyone moving? I've a banging headache :(

It's probably the humidity, it's so heavy!
    Still no signs for me, maybe I just imagined being pregnant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

No movement here yet! Spent the evening watching Royal baby coverage- made me all the more impatient for ours to arrive! ;) bouncing on ball all day too. Have been having lots of period like cramps on & off too but nothing to get excited about. This baby is very comfy in there I think!

Are you still breastfeeding? My friend had a baby in the Rotunda a few months ago and said she didn't get much support at all with breastfeeding??

I am, but my god am I on bits. Girls I mean it, do not make my mistake, if you feel pain get nurses to help, insist on it, demand it. My nipples are in agony and I wince at feeding because I did not get help with her latch. I have spent the last 4/5 hours of my life breasts out for all to see with cream on them to heal them somewhat.

D Day for me today. It's also my Mums 2nd anniversary :(. I haven't had any ache or pains so I can't see myself having the baby today, even though it would be so special if I did. I know Mum is looking after me no matter what.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I am, but my god am I on bits. Girls I mean it, do not make my mistake, if you feel pain get nurses to help, insist on it, demand it. My nipples are in agony and I wince at feeding because I did not get help with her latch. I have spent the last 4/5 hours of my life breasts out for all to see with cream on them to heal them somewhat.

Sounds awful you poor thing. A few people told me you do have to be very demanding when you're in hospital to get things done. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. I went to a breastfeeding class in the Coombe and I have lots of leaflets with support groups and helplines if you want me to look those up for you? Cuidiu are meant to be very good too.

Sounds awful you poor thing. A few people told me you do have to be very demanding when you're in hospital to get things done. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. I went to a breastfeeding class in the Coombe and I have lots of leaflets with support groups and helplines if you want me to look those up for you? Cuidiu are meant to be very good too.

4am this morning I was googling breast feeding and the like. Fighting a uphill battle with a nurse I am convinced is sponsored by sma but wont give up.

I don't understand why they push breastfeeding so much if they don't offer the support once the baby arrives! I really want to breast feed too but since I'm doing the domino scheme I could be home 6 hours after wards so was afraid I wouldn't have the support from the midwives in the hospital but from what I've heard I don't think it will make much of a difference!

Getting a very dull pain every 8 minutes or so, n have a feeling of being winded after it, like I usually feel after a braxton hicks, can't localise the pain to anywhere really but I'd say it's at the front in my pelvis, dunno if it's actually something or if I'm half making stuff up in my head because I'm hoping for something to happen. I'm afraid even moving could stop the pains..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

loubian wrote: »
    Getting a very dull pain every 8 minutes or so, n have a feeling of being winded after it, like I usually feel after a braxton hicks, can't localise the pain to anywhere really but I'd say it's at the front in my pelvis, dunno if it's actually something or if I'm half making stuff up in my head because I'm hoping for something to happen. I'm afraid even moving could stop the pains..

My god I think you're my twin! I think I'm the only woman in the world wishing labour pains on themselves! Going to go for a walk now cos I'm beginning to annoy myself

• Advertisement

I don't think you're the only one wishing labour pains upon herself :P

Having a bloody show all morning and loads of pressure hopefully it's the start of something!!!

Thinking of you all girls. Xx hopefully your little ones will be here soon.

I don't think you're the only one wishing labour pains upon herself :P

Me three! ;) I had strong pains this morning bit they have eased now. I was nearly going to get excited! Hoping the sweep on Friday might kickstart something! Still no bloody show or mucus plug to be seen *sigh.

Having a bloody show all morning and loads of pressure hopefully it's the start of something!!!

So exciting Suzie! Fingers crossed your little one is on the way ;)

Anyone giving birth in the storm?

Anyone giving birth in the storm?

Not here anyway.. Feels like baby is head butting me in the cervix, these twinges are so sharp & uncomfortable! Nothing else to get excited about though. How are you doing?

Ok, not sure what's going on with me. Had about 5 very violent and painful contractions within the space of 20 minutes. Said to my sister to start timing them and then I legged it into the shower. While I was in the shower, I felt a gush of water coming out, I really couldn't control it coming out. My bowels just went. That was 10 minutes ago and haven't had a contraction since. I wonder is this the start??

Ok, not sure what's going on with me. Had about 5 very violent and painful contractions within the space of 20 minutes. Said to my sister to start timing them and then I legged it into the shower. While I was in the shower, I felt a gush of water coming out, I really couldn't control it coming out. My bowels just went. That was 10 minutes ago and haven't had a contraction since. I wonder is this the start??

If you felt a gush of water, that you couldn't stop, it certainly could be your waters! Best to get yourself to the hospital to get checked! I think contractions can come and go for a bit before they get steady again. If it was your waters, they'll start up again soon enough I'm sure! So jealous and excited!!

• Advertisement

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Not here anyway.. Feels like baby is head butting me in the cervix, these twinges are so sharp & uncomfortable! Nothing else to get excited about though. How are you doing?

Same here! I'm getting a lot of pressure in my pelvis, baby is moving down so much I can feel the gas being pushed out of my bum! Sorry for tmi! It can get quite sore! Am trying to time, but nothing seems consistent yet :(

Advertisement