Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Ok, not sure what's going on with me. Had about 5 very violent and painful contractions within the space of 20 minutes. Said to my sister to start timing them and then I legged it into the shower. While I was in the shower, I felt a gush of water coming out, I really couldn't control it coming out. My bowels just went. That was 10 minutes ago and haven't had a contraction since. I wonder is this the start??

Get thee to a hospital woman. It may just Be your back waters but Waters are waters. Safety in checking. Chilling here on the ward. Little woman is fast asleep. I am about to express some extra milk. My breasts are killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Have had nothing since the shower 20 minutes ago. The adrenalin has definitely kicked in and I've started some kind of beauty routine!! Putting in nail polish and the like! Gonna wait up and see if the contractions flare up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Get thee to a hospital woman. It may just Be your back waters but Waters are waters. Safety in checking. Chilling here on the ward. Little woman is fast asleep. I am about to express some extra milk. My breasts are killing me

Are many people up wh the storm?

Have had nothing since the shower 20 minutes ago. The adrenalin has definitely kicked in and I've started some kind of beauty routine!! Putting in nail polish and the like! Gonna wait up and see if the contractions flare up again.

Does your stomach feel different? I would ring the hospital just in case?

My lo is moving so much my stomach is about to be cut in two :/

loubian wrote: »
    Are many people up wh the storm?

Loads of terrified screaming babies. Not too many mothers.

Icecreamqueen I had that too. Nothing afterwards. But waters breaking is very important. It can indicate a fast labour, meaning no time for messing. One girl here gave birth after 40 of waking up in her waters.

• Advertisement

Does your stomach feel different? I would ring the hospital just in case?

My lo is moving so much my stomach is about to be cut in two :/

I think I'm gonna wait to see if the contractions start again and then ring the hospital. My bump doesn't feel like lower or smaller.

Ok I rang the hospital and because I queried my waters breaking I have to go in. On my way in now 8-/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Waters broke at 5:10 Lucy arrived at 11:39 weighing 8lb 14oz!!

Omg! Wow! Congrats ;) that was a fast labour

Tell me about it got admitted in a&e at 2cm was 9.5cm by the time I got to the prenatal Ward so straight into the delivery suite! I only had gas&air for pain relief but it was worth it to be up and walking straight after!
    Shes asleep on my chest now I don't wanna put her down!

• Advertisement

So glad SS. Huge congrats. Looks like the girls surpassed the boys now. Then again. I am in a room with all girls.

Made it into the hospital at 2a.m. Was put on the trace and had my cervix checked but they couldn't tell me for definite if it was my waters which broke. Will be kept in overnight and assessed in the morning. Haven't had any contractions since before the gush. Another false alarm perhaps :-(

Congrats to you :) that was a speedy delivery! You're one lucky Mammy, would love to have my baby here with me in hospital now. Love the name too. The girls are definitely ruling the roost at the minute :)

Hope all goes well for you icecreamqueen! Baby is still feeding and I'm absolutely wrecked!

I'm going to give birth last out of all that's left I reckon :( still having lots of pressure down below but nothing else really happening, the pressure is painful though. Had a few pains last night but nothing regulated, as per usual. Was hoping to progress by morning, but nothing :( so happy for all the mums who have their babies :)

As annoying as it is waitting Loubian, she is coming. she can't not come. Just the wait can be hard some times :(

Don't worry Loubian, I'd say you will get to the finishing line before me. I've have zero pains since last night. Will be assessed soon but she ain't moving any time I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Loubian & icecreamqueen, I'll be last lol! Apart from these twinges & irregular crampy pains I'm having nothing! Hopefully this sweep tomorrow might trigger something. I'm hearing about girls here at home who were due same time/after me who have already had their babies and it's hard not to get a little impatient :( congrats suzie on your little girl! Delighted all went well for you :)

I'm getting a lot of pain near my bum, feels like I'm constipated but I'm not going when I try. Sorry for tmi! Could it be baby's head being lower? Is this what it felt like for you wolf n suzie, before you went into labour? Have no real other pains but it's still sore if baby moves or I move!

Still haven't lost a plug or anything yet!

I'm getting a lot of pain near my bum, feels like I'm constipated but I'm not going when I try. Sorry for tmi! Could it be baby's head being lower? Is this what it felt like for you wolf n suzie, before you went into labour? Have no real other pains but it's still sore if baby moves or I move!

Still haven't lost a plug or anything yet!

Sounds a lot like she is dropping. That's good. Keep an eye on things. Not wanting to excite you, but often contractions present as backache.

• Advertisement

Waiting for a scan now. So so tired, barely got a wink of sleep last night. My baby looks like she's staying put. Was sure my waters had broke, felt like I had wet myself but according to the consultant they hadn't. Back to the waiting game again bleurgh!

Sounds a lot like she is dropping. That's good. Keep an eye on things. Not wanting to excite you, but often contractions present as backache.

I'm not getting backache as such, it's a lot of pressure in my front, right down at my pelvis, n when I get up out of the chair, it can take a few minutes to stand straight from the pain :/

How's your little girl doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I'm the exact same, loads of pressure on my back passage and some period type pains but just when they begin to get some kind of pattern they go away completely. Am really uncomfortable now.

No mucus plug and my bump is still very high. Having a second sweep tomorrow so hopefully that will get things moving.

On another note, for those who are due later in the month how are you dealing with the constant text messages and calls for news. I know people only mean well but I'm getting very frustrated by them. I turned my phone off so I could take a nap and you'd swear I'd fallen off the planet by the voicemails that were left for me. Jaysus I feel like Kate Middleton minus the bbc outside my front door!

xalot wrote: »
    On another note, for those who are due later in the month how are you dealing with the constant text messages and calls for news. I know people only mean well but I'm getting very frustrated by them. I turned my phone off so I could take a nap and you'd swear I'd fallen off the planet by the voicemails that were left for me. Jaysus I feel like Kate Middleton minus the bbc outside my front door!

Some people have the decency to say "I know you're probably sick of people asking..." but then others just text n say "anything?" n that's all. No how are you? In fairness, it's only one friend who doing the "anything?" several times a day n I told her this morning I'd let her know if anything significant happens, if she doesn't hear it's coz nothing is happening. I've also decided to stop telling people if I feel anything because it just succumbs to nothing... or they say (she says, I mean, same friend as mentioned above) ah its probably just your body getting ready! She makes it seem like nothing whereas to me it could be the start of something. Anyway, rant over, long story short, I'm getting fed up too!

Yeah I don't know how K Middy did it. The pressure she must have felt from all quarters is unreal. I think if I go into labour properly I don't want anyone to know. Will wait and tell everyone when I know the baby has been born healthy and happy.

Yeah I don't know how K Middy did it. The pressure she must have felt from all quarters is unreal. I think if I go into labour properly I don't want anyone to know. Will wait and tell everyone when I know the baby has been born healthy and happy.

Yeah same here! Don't want everyone to know I'm going through it, just want to concentrate on getting through it!

How's your little girl doing?

We are ready for daddy to bring us home. She looks like a girl. He bought her a little dress and everything. I am so happy. I love her to bits. Thank goodness, I was scared when they said girl. Weird I know bit I dodnt know how to react.

I hated that texting too. All I got over and over was "baby?"

We are ready for daddy to bring us home. She looks like a girl. He bought her a little dress and everything. I am so happy. I love her to bits. Thank goodness, I was scared when they said girl. Weird I know bit I dodnt know how to react.

That's great :) I'm so happy for you xxx

I hated that texting too. All I got over and over was "baby?"

Awww I'd say today is one of the best days of your life. A little baby dress is the cutest thing ever :). I have a little red and white Minnie Mouse dress to dress the baby in the day she comes home from hospital please God. I hope the weather stays warm enough to dress her in it.

Errr those baby bandwagoners I call them. They crawl out of the woodwork when the baby is about to be born but didn't give one ounce of support when you were pregnant. My Dad kept ringing my phone this morning, he obviously found out somehow that I'd gone into hospital. Feel like a surrogate mother whose only aim is to deliver a healthy baby for the rest of the family :(

• Advertisement

Have you been discharged from the hospital yet, icecreamqueen?

Advertisement