Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Have you been discharged from the hospital yet, icecreamqueen?

Yeah have been out since 2. I'm exhausted so I think I'm going to batten down the hatches and cocoon myself into the house for the night now. The sonographer told me she didn't think I'll be going into labour anytime soon, there's still a lot of fluid around the baby. During the scan her little face looked right at me and I got a clear photograph of her. I think she has my Ms.Piggy nose :P. Can't believe I'll meet her soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

The pain in my pelvic area is getting quite bad, I can't lift myself out of the seat n it takes me ages to straighten up because of the pain. It kind of goes away when I'm sitting down. I'm debating whether to ring the hospital to just ask if this pain is normal.. it probably is n I'm not getting any other wave of pains either thst could be seen as contractions! It's all so confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

The pain in my pelvic area is getting quite bad, I can't lift myself out of the seat n it takes me ages to straighten up because of the pain. It kind of goes away when I'm sitting down. I'm debating whether to ring the hospital to just ask if this pain is normal.. it probably is n I'm not getting any other wave of pains either thst could be seen as contractions! It's all so confusing!

Maybe it's pressure from baby moving and pushing down on your pelvis? I have discomfort all around my hips and lower back, especially when I stand up after sitting on the gym ball for a while, I have to hobble around like John Wayne for a few minutes until its eases! :D weñt for a big walk today, having some light crampy aches but nothing major. And I can i join the rant about people texting too- seriously I thought I was being a cow lol, it's getting annoying now. People are texting me every day asking if there is any movement yet! I feel like saying "I will feckin let you know when baby arrives! Stop asking." I know people only mean well but still, it's frustrating me. Think I'm just having a hormonal day, bleh!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Congrats jd24 our little girls born the same day on the same hospital. Hope you are recovering well. Xxx

Congrats Wolf! Cant believe our girls were born the same day, same hospital! Could have been on the same ward...!!! smile.png

Congrats to you SS on the safe arrive of your baby girl! biggrin.png

Contractions started on friday for me - very mild, lost MS, followed by bloody show, then went to hospital at 9.30pm on saturday, was 3cm when admitted.

Amelia was born at 10.20 am on Sunday morning, 8,2.5lbs smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Labour was traumatic, lost a lot of blood, I was taken to theatre straight after she was born. ended up getting blood transfusion on the third day as bloods were still extremely low.

having said all that, with my little angel asleep on my chest now, every second was worth it smile.png

I did the breastfeeding but have now given up. Shes a great feeder but I cant handle the pain. I did it for three days and am happy enough with that.

How many July babies are left to make an appearance?

Loubian?
    Icecreamqueen?
    Bundaberg?
    xalot?

Hopefully not too long ladies x x

Congrats JD24. Can't get over the amount of girls being born. I'm still waiting here but I'm grand with waiting a while longer. She can take her time :)

• Advertisement

Any movement Loubian? I'm sure you're fed up of that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

JD24 wrote: »
    Congrats Wolf! Cant believe our girls were born the same day, same hospital! Could have been on the same ward...!!!

Em JD24, not sure how to say this but we were in the same room. You were bed F :D I remember amelia and her mummy getting a transfusion.

Any movement Loubian? I'm sure you're fed up of that question.

Got a few massive pains yesterday evening, enough for me to actually cry.. but tbh I think it was tears of frustration. Just awake now, nothing more than the usual leg cramp n pressure in my pelvis :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Wow jd24 that sounds stressful, hope you're both recovering well. Still nothing happening for me but am in suprisingly good form.... Have sweep today so bizzarely looking forward to that.....it's the waiting around doing nothing that frustrates me!

xalot wrote: »
    Wow jd24 that sounds stressful, hope you're both recovering well. Still nothing happening for me but am in suprisingly good form.... Have sweep today so bizzarely looking forward to that.....it's the waiting around doing nothing that frustrates me!

That's good, keep your spirits up. It'll only be a matter of time :). Just found out that my best friend from secondary school had a little girl this morning. Our girls will only have one week of an age difference :). Well here's hoping.

• Advertisement

If I'm silly enough to diagnose myself; I've been in false labour for past two days! Uhhhh!

I'd say you're just building up for labour Loubian. At least something is happening for you. Since the other night, absolutely nothing has happened me. No contradictions or anything.

I rang the midwife today because I was still getting the pain in my pelvis, it's agony getting out of the chair, baby's movements had slowed down n I was feeling feverish, n I think msinly because of baby's movements, they told me to come in. I had to go to labour ward instead of outpatients, it was mad! So they did a trace, internal etc. Midwife says my cervix has lowered but it still has a lot of work to do, n that if I stay the way i am, I.e. getting irregular pains thst don't amount to anything, it's likely I'll be getting induced! :( so I'm trying to look at the bright side in that she'll be here in a max of ten days, but not looking forward to be this uncomfortable for another week and a half. To top it off, my friends are going to a comedy gig tomorrow and they didn't even both asking me. I know it's more than likely coz I could go any day now but I'd still like to be asked.. plus, all that laughing could actually get me going... oh well, fudge them!

Is it silent on here coz yer all off having your babies??? :P

Not me anyway! Had second sweep which was more uncomfortable but hasn't done anything for me. Was told I was not looking at all favourable, seems I'm here for the long haul, my earlier positivity is fading fast! My god this waiting is so frustrating!

Not me anyway! Had second sweep which was more uncomfortable but hasn't done anything for me. Was told I was not looking at all favourable, seems I'm here for the long haul, my earlier positivity is fading fast! My god this waiting is so frustrating!

What does the sweep actually involve?

Sometimes the sweep moves it along though. O was told my cervix was unfavourable. But three days after the sweep my waters broke, so hopefully you're the same.

A sweep Loubian is a procedure that involves sticking fingers up against the cervix and pushing against it, while trying to turn it slightly. It tries to loosen the plug naturally while also trying to get the body to produce prostoglandin a labour hormone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Not me! Still having irregular cramps but nothing else. This baby is far too comfy in there. Due date tomorrow and I reckon I'll still be waiting this time next week. *sigh!

Looks like we're all holding out to the bitter end lol. Technically only 5 days left for us to have a July baby, no pressure ladies ;)

I think I may be starting to lose my plug, but it was only a small bit so I'm not getting my hopes up! Getting a few crampy pains too but nothing worth taking note off! I'm totally exhausted though :( I need and want to clean the house but the thought of even sweeping up makes me feel weak! Where is this energy you're meant to get? :(

• Advertisement

Don't be worrying about tidying up Loubian, conserve your energy. Hopefully this is the start of something for you x

Don't be worrying about tidying up Loubian, conserve your energy. Hopefully this is the start of something for you x

I have to worry when my mam is breathing down my neck to help out then giving out that she is doing everything. Yes I can see her doing everything and my two lazy as **** brothers doing nothing n me trying to help as much as I can while being overdue n bloody forbidden to do certain jobs around the house because I'm "not allowed" stretch or climb or whatever else. Sorry for the rant! Just am getting fed up now, I want my baby here.

To top it off, I have the father hassling me for his surname to be given to the child. I have told him three times she will have my surname, that I'm not changing my mind, but he's not letting it go. He's asking do I think the baby is just mine n u feel like saying yes, yes I do because what have you done for me or her in the last nine months other than give me stress :@ I just don't know what to do :(

Omg! N now he's saying I didn't want the baby at the start so why am I saying I want her to have my surname because he's the one who wanted a "half cast" as he put it.. that's it, I'm done. Can't put up wh this any more.

Oh gosh Loubian, you poor thing. I feel for you, I really do. Is there anywhere you could go to get out of the house for a while. You need a little zen den for a while to relax. You need to focus on yourself, not other the cr*p. Some people can be so self serving and always looking out for their own needs.

Oh gosh Loubian, you poor thing. I feel for you, I really do. Is there anywhere you could go to get out of the house for a while. You need a little zen den for a while to relax. You need to focus on yourself, not other the cr*p. Some people can be so self serving and always looking out for their own needs.

I just helped how I could in the house, so that was fine. Me n my mum made up!

I didn't reply to his text saying I didn't want her, I'd only say something I'd regret! The way he said it could be taken as him admitting that he got me pregnant on purpose but then that could be me looking for things, you know? If he has the cheek to think he wants her more than me, he is severely severely wrong!

I'm heading out wh a friend for a meal, I'll get the spiciest thing on the menu n go home, drink raspberry leaf tea and bounce on my ball! Hopefully tomorrow I'll lose a bit more of plug n I'll be another step closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

It's been a hard few days breast feeding she just wants to be fed constantly . I'm topping her up with formula at night cos after feeding for an hour and a half on little or no sleep I'm ready to run away! !! :-D
    For the ladies in waiting spend the whole day in bed tomorrow you don't realise how much you miss it.

It's been a hard few days breast feeding she just wants to be fed constantly . I'm topping her up with formula at night cos after feeding for an hour and a half on little or no sleep I'm ready to run away! !! :-D
    For the ladies in waiting spend the whole day in bed tomorrow you don't realise how much you miss it.

The bf is hard so much of the day feeding but it's an amazing feeling

I think my waters may have ruptured!

Do I have to go into the hospital straight away or can I wait? I think the liquid was clear enough!

Do I have to go into the hospital straight away or can I wait? I think the liquid was clear enough!

Result :)!! They'll bring you in as soon as possible if you query if your waters have broken.

Head in. Baby has 24 hours to start her evacuation or else they will help her out. But they will want to keep an eye on these things

I hope you are in true labour :) so excited for you

• Advertisement

That's great news Loubian, hopefully things move along swiftly for you now.

Just back from a 90 min power walk if that doesn't do it then I give up

Advertisement