Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Just back from the hospital, my waters have gone, but they sent me home to let labour progress! If it doesn't progress too much, I've to go back in tomorrow at 9am to be induced! Getting regular pains now, so going to eat, have a sleep n see how I am later! Eeeeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Just back from the hospital, my waters have gone, but they sent me home to let labour progress! If it doesn't progress too much, I've to go back in tomorrow at 9am to be induced! Getting regular pains now, so going to eat, have a sleep n see how I am later! Eeeeek!

That's brilliant Loubian and at least it'll give you a chance to get things together for a bit. Must have been that curry!

I think this lazy sod will be waiting until Christmas if I'm not induced. Not an ache or pain or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Excellent news Loubian. Get a shower in too if you can. It's nice to be fresh just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

So excited for you, things are finally happening! ;) best of luck!

That's brilliant Loubian and at least it'll give you a chance to get things together for a bit. Must have been that curry!

I think this lazy sod will be waiting until Christmas if I'm not induced. Not an ache or pain or anything.

Me neither icecreamqueen- we must have two very laid back babies lol! Due date today and there is nothing happening here! I'm definitely gonna be the last one standing I reckon :/

• Advertisement

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Me neither icecreamqueen- we must have two very laid back babies lol! Due date today and there is nothing happening here! I'm definitely gonna be the last one standing I reckon :/

I'm overdue since Wednesday. Have had a sore stomach all day but I think it's more something I ate than the baby coming. I'm sure if I was having contractions it would be jutting pains rather than one long continuous pain like a stomach cramp??

I'm overdue since Wednesday. Have had a sore stomach all day but I think it's more something I ate than the baby coming. I'm sure if I was having contractions it would be jutting pains rather than one long continuous pain like a stomach cramp??

Is the pain high up around your stomach? Maybe it was something you ate or indigestion.. Though I'm the same- any pain I get these days I'm wondering if it is something starting to happen! I had a strong ache around my pelvis and lower back earlier but nothing since. Have you gaviscon you could take to ease your tummy? Hoping it settles for you x

Is the pain high up around your stomach? Maybe it was something you ate or indigestion.. Though I'm the same- any pain I get these days I'm wondering if it is something starting to happen! I had a strong ache around my pelvis and lower back earlier but nothing since. Have you gaviscon you could take to ease your tummy? Hoping it settles for you x

It's an all over stomach pain. Had a fight with my sister too which didn't help with the stress levels. Feel so emotionally drained. Wish people would be more considerate and wait until after the baby is born to fight lol

It's an all over stomach pain. Had a fight with my sister too which didn't help with the stress levels. Feel so emotionally drained. Wish people would be more considerate and wait until after the baby is born to fight lol

I know, take it easy now for the evening. No more stress, not good for you or baby. Drink a glass of milk, can be soothing on the tum and maybe have a chill out in bed for a while. I'm currently bouncing on the ball and all I'm getting is kicks from baby as if to say 'yeah right, fat chance this will work!' :D lol

I know, take it easy now for the evening. No more stress, not good for you or baby. Drink a glass of milk, can be soothing on the tum and maybe have a chill out in bed for a while. I'm currently bouncing on the ball and all I'm getting is kicks from baby as if to say 'yeah right, fat chance this will work!' :D lol

Going to rest now and just focus on the baby. Stomach pain is still here but absolutely nothing else going on.

I have a ball but I haven't used it yet. I'm scared the poor baby would just pop out in front of me. Keep bouncing though, it might pop that water balloon for you ;)

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaoooo having a serious stomach cramp. It's been building up all day but has been worsening in the last hour. I'm just so confused about what it is. Thought is was something I ate but now I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Best of luck loubian!! Hope to hear some good news soon :-)

Aaaaaaoooo having a serious stomach cramp. It's been building up all day but has been worsening in the last hour. I'm just so confused about what it is. Thought is was something I ate but now I'm not sure.

How are you now? Perhaps get checked out if the pain is severe? Just to make sure all is ok. x

How are you now? Perhaps get checked out if the pain is severe? Just to make sure all is ok. x

I reckon it's something I ate. Have had a few runs to the toilet in the last hour, sorry too much info! My stomach pain has eased a bit now. I heard that it's common to have a clear out before labour. Sorry TMI again! :-/

I reckon it's something I ate. Have had a few runs to the toilet in the last hour, sorry too much info! My stomach pain has eased a bit now. I heard that it's common to have a clear out before labour. Sorry TMI again! :-/

Aw you poor thing. Good that the pain has eased though! I heard that too, sometimes it's natures way of preparing and clearing out for labour, so you never know ;) I had a bout of it 2 days ago but must've been something I ate as there's no sign of bubs!

Aw you poor thing. Good that the pain has eased though! I heard that too, sometimes it's natures way of preparing and clearing out for labour, so you never know ;) I had a bout of it 2 days ago but must've been something I ate as there's no sign of bubs!

That's good to know that it's quite common before labour. I better not blame my sister for the wrap she made me to eat earlier then :P. We must have hardy wee babies though.

That's good to know that it's quite common before labour. I better not blame my sister for the wrap she made me to eat earlier then :P. We must have hardy wee babies though.

How are you doing today? Any more pains? Apart from some more twinges and backache last night, there's nothing going on here with me today. Not a pain, ache or anything lol. I think I'll still be preggers this time next year!

How are you doing today? Any more pains? Apart from some more twinges and backache last night, there's nothing going on here with me today. Not a pain, ache or anything lol. I think I'll still be preggers this time next year!

Feel a bit feverish today but no stomach pain. The only thing I can think of is that my sister came home from Oz on Thursday and slept in beside me on Friday night. I might have caught something from her. I noticed my bump has dropped considerably. I have another appt tomorrow and I think I'll demand to be induced on Friday at the latest if nothing has happened. Can't put this baby off much longer :)

Is this your first baby?

So excited for Loubian. I wonder did she go naturally or was she induced this morning. Hope bundaberg and icecreamqueen aren't waiting too much longer. Are you waiting too xalot?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    So excited for Loubian. I wonder did she go naturally or was she induced this morning. Hope bundaberg and icecreamqueen aren't waiting too much longer. Are you waiting too xalot?

No news is good news I hope :). Bundaberg and I (and possibly Xalot?) are playing Russian Roulette. It's hard to know who the last lady standing will be :)

• Advertisement

No news is good news I hope :). Bundaberg and I (and possibly Xalot?) are playing Russian Roulette. It's hard to know who the last lady standing will be :)

I hope it will be soon and as comfy as possible for ye. I had to go to Dublin city today, between my section wound and two kids I am terrified something will go wrong. Daddy is here too but he had to meet someone for half an hour so I am getting a crash course in dealing with two kids alone :eek:

Feel a bit feverish today but no stomach pain. The only thing I can think of is that my sister came home from Oz on Thursday and slept in beside me on Friday night. I might have caught something from her. I noticed my bump has dropped considerably. I have another appt tomorrow and I think I'll demand to be induced on Friday at the latest if nothing has happened. Can't put this baby off much longer :)

Is this your first baby?

Yep that sounds like a plan! Hopefully they will give you a date if you haven't started by then ;) I have my next appointment fri morning so I think they might be giving me a sweep then if nothing has happened. We will see. Yep this is our first baby! So I haven't a clue what to expect lol ;) is it your first too?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I hope it will be soon and as comfy as possible for ye. I had to go to Dublin city today, between my section wound and two kids I am terrified something will go wrong. Daddy is here too but he had to meet someone for half an hour so I am getting a crash course in dealing with two kids alone :eek:

Hope you are recovering and feeling well Wolf! :) how are you finding the breastfeeding? X

Hope you are recovering and feeling well Wolf! :) how are you finding the breastfeeding? X

Doing good overall. The breastfeeding was almost a complete failure, but we are getting there. Actually I am in the feeding room of the Stephens green shopping centre with a little girl latched to mr as I type this :D it is hard to establish but it is getting easier day by day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Still waiting.... Feeling a lot more pelvic pressure and period type pains every few hours but nothing else of note, going to have a very spicy dinner tonight not that I'm holding out much hope!

Went for a long walk on the beach and feel a million times better. Definitely blew the cobwebs away. I'm feeling a lot of pressure on my pelvis too and my bump has been dropping all day if that is possible!? Literally feel like the baby could drop out if I'm not careful!

xalot wrote: »
    Still waiting.... Feeling a lot more pelvic pressure and period type pains every few hours but nothing else of note, going to have a very spicy dinner tonight not that I'm holding out much hope!

Me too. Just had a spicy dinner but this baby has its own plans! :D

Went for a long walk on the beach and feel a million times better. Definitely blew the cobwebs away. I'm feeling a lot of pressure on my pelvis too and my bump has been dropping all day if that is possible!? Literally feel like the baby could drop out if I'm not careful!

That's a great sign! I doubt you have long more at all if you are getting those feelings. Nothing even worth reporting here today, few pains & twinges earlier. I'm definitely gonna have an August baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Hi all, little annabelle was born at 1am this morning! She was 6lbs 4 n has a mop of dark hair! She has my eyes n is gorgeous! The labour was very fast n I was in shock after it, so had a bit of an emotional breakdown when I got to the post natal ward! I'm feeling a bit better now, but am just taking everything as it comes! Hope everyone is doing well :)

• Advertisement

Hi all, little annabelle was born at 1am this morning! She was 6lbs 4 n has a mop of dark hair! She has my eyes n is gorgeous! The labour was very fast n I was in shock after it, so had a bit of an emotional breakdown when I got to the post natal ward! I'm feeling a bit better now, but am just taking everything as it comes! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Awww I'm absolutely delighted for you. Another girl :). Hope you are recovering well and enjoying every second with your little dote. She sounds beautiful :D

Advertisement