Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

loubian wrote: »
    Hi all, little annabelle was born at 1am this morning! She was 6lbs 4 n has a mop of dark hair! She has my eyes n is gorgeous! The labour was very fast n I was in shock after it, so had a bit of an emotional breakdown when I got to the post natal ward! I'm feeling a bit better now, but am just taking everything as it comes! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Congrats Loubian! Delighted for you :) take it easy and enjoy every minute of your little bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Congrats Loubian - love the name. Were you in Holles St? I was in there at the baby clinic today and was thinking of you, wondering if you were in labour somewhere above me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hi all, little annabelle was born at 1am this morning! She was 6lbs 4 n has a mop of dark hair! She has my eyes n is gorgeous! The labour was very fast n I was in shock after it, so had a bit of an emotional breakdown when I got to the post natal ward! I'm feeling a bit better now, but am just taking everything as it comes! Hope everyone is doing well :)

So glad annabelle is here safe and that you had a fast labour. The emotional breakdowns are normal. I had a few in hospital too. Just let the tears flow. It makes you feel better in the end. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Congrats loubian, that's such great news - hope you're both doing well. Can't believe you're a mommy now! Yikes it's all getting very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Congratulations Loubian!!! So happy for you x delighted your baby girl arrived safe & sound. Hope your well, enjoy every second of her :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Thanks everyone :) yeh murdy, in holles st but hopefully leaving today :)

Annabelle is so gorgeous I just want to eat her up! She's so tiny too, all the clothes and nappies I brought in for her are swimming on her ha! She's gaving an on n off battle with settling down, sometimes she'll settle no bother, other times its harder. Her dreams seem to be a bit intense though coz she'll jump a lot in her sleep n thrn sometimes start crying like mad! Everyone is in awe of her though! My brother and dad visited last night n two of them were speechless! My brother had his head buried in the cot ha!

I went from 2cm to 10cm in about an hour, shocked when they said time to push! Her heartbeat was very weak st that stage so I was pushing for dear life.. they had to use forceps in the end to get her out quicker which left me needing a lot of stitches! So I was quite sore yesterday and was walking like I'd been kicked up the bum about 200 times! It's not as bad today but still quite sore for me to get around!

How is everyone else doing? Whos left now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks everyone :) yeh murdy, in holles st but hopefully leaving today :)

Annabelle is so gorgeous I just want to eat her up! She's so tiny too, all the clothes and nappies I brought in for her are swimming on her ha! She's gaving an on n off battle with settling down, sometimes she'll settle no bother, other times its harder. Her dreams seem to be a bit intense though coz she'll jump a lot in her sleep n thrn sometimes start crying like mad! Everyone is in awe of her though! My brother and dad visited last night n two of them were speechless! My brother had his head buried in the cot ha!

I went from 2cm to 10cm in about an hour, shocked when they said time to push! Her heartbeat was very weak st that stage so I was pushing for dear life.. they had to use forceps in the end to get her out quicker which left me needing a lot of stitches! So I was quite sore yesterday and was walking like I'd been kicked up the bum about 200 times! It's not as bad today but still quite sore for me to get around!

How is everyone else doing? Whos left now?

That's not dreams at the moment, it's something called the moro reflex. My first daughter was bad with it and the nurse recommended swaddling ut I'm not sure if it's still recommended.
    The Moro reflex is an infantile reflex normally present in all infants/newborns up to 4 or 5 months of age as a response to a sudden loss of support, when the infant feels as if it is falling. It involves 3 distinct components:
    spreading out the arms (abduction)
    unspreading the arms (adduction)
    crying (usually)
    The primary significance of the Moro reflex is in evaluating integration of the central nervous system. It is distinct from the startle reflex,[1] and is believed to be the only unlearned fear in human newborns.[citation needed]

Thanks for that! :) I said it to the midwife n she said it's normal, that they're used to being surrounded by water so if they jerk its a lot sharper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Congrats Loubian!! I hear ya with the stitches 6 days later and I still dread having a wee :-D
    Breast feeding has finally got a bit easier there has been a lot of tears the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

When O was born in 2011 we were told to swaddle and this year we were told not to swaddle. O didn't need it as much but A's Moro reflex is still very strong at 13 weeks and it wakes her up. I swaddle her in a cotton cellular blanket sometimes although it's been too hot lately. It definitely helps her sleep though.

Welcome to the world of motherhood where you're told you absolutely must do something this year only to be told next year not to do it and to do the opposite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Had a hospital check up this morning. I'll be induced next Tuesday, a whole week to wait unless I go naturally. I was told last week I'd be induced this Friday but they only induce 3 people per day and they're already booked up! Not really sure how I feel about it all. Nothing is happening naturally so a week does seem like a long time but as long as the baby arrives healthy and happy, I don't mind too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

loubian congrats on your little daughter btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Had a hospital check up this morning. I'll be induced next Tuesday, a whole week to wait unless I go naturally. I was told last week I'd be induced this Friday but they only induce 3 people per day and they're already booked up! Not really sure how I feel about it all. Nothing is happening naturally so a week does seem like a long time but as long as the baby arrives healthy and happy, I don't mind too much.

Hopefully you won't have to wait that long hon. Good to have a plan in place too! I have appointment Thursday so have my fingers crossed ill get a sweep to maybe trigger things off. Am so tired and uncomfortable now. And really getting frustrated with the constant texts from people asking if there is any sign of baby yet..! One friend has been asking every day! I know they mean well but it's starting to drive me bonkers. :eek:

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Hopefully you won't have to wait that long hon. Good to have a plan in place too! I have appointment Thursday so have my fingers crossed ill get a sweep to maybe trigger things off. Am so tired and uncomfortable now. And really getting frustrated with the constant texts from people asking if there is any sign of baby yet..! One friend has been asking every day! I know they mean well but it's starting to drive me bonkers. :eek:

Kinda glad in a way. Going to clean the house top to bottom tomorrow and then put my feet up over the weekend and relax. The baby might have her own plan though.

Starting to get very tired too, it's very difficult to sleep at night. I'm getting the texts too, feel like sending everyone a picture of a random baby :P

Think things might be gearing up a bit, bump has dropped and pains started at 9 last night and stayed there all night. It's mostly in my back though so hoping it's not false labour, anyone else have this?

Have popped on the tens machine and will see how I go, am really hoping things progress now.....any movement for anyone else?

xalot wrote: »
    Think things might be gearing up a bit, bump has dropped and pains started at 9 last night and stayed there all night. It's mostly in my back though so hoping it's not false labour, anyone else have this?

Have popped on the tens machine and will see how I go, am really hoping things progress now.....any movement for anyone else?

Best of luck ;). I hope it isn't just a false alarm for you. Nothing to report here.

Breast feeding has finally got a bit easier there has been a lot of tears the last few days!

tell me about it SS. I have cried more from the bf in the last 10 days than I did in the last 10 years. But we are getting there. Breast cups and nipple shields have saved my life!

Ugh my stupid stupid friend posted a pic of my baby on fb. I'm so pissed off. I uploaded a pic but I know who my friends are and who can see it, I don't know hers. She didn't even have the decency to ask. I feel so panicked n wish I could take it down myself :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Ugh my stupid stupid friend posted a pic of my baby on fb. I'm so pissed off. I uploaded a pic but I know who my friends are and who can see it, I don't know hers. She didn't even have the decency to ask. I feel so panicked n wish I could take it down myself :(:(

I'm sure it was well intentioned hun but ask her to take it down. It would bother me as well. Congrats on the birth of your little one!!

Last day of July ladies!!! My cousin is overdue as well since 26th, I wouldn't dream of texting her asking for news, she'll text when the baby is born!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

I hate people that do that! At least ask first!! I think there's an option to report the photo to FB - they might remove it...?

Hope you and annabelle are doing good :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Loubian I would flip out!! Text her and just ask her to take it down. If she queries why just tell her you only want it on your page so you control who sees what.

Oh Lou I hate that only my oh is allowed put up pics of our son too and there is no pics of our daughter yet. If I thought someone put up pics of saoirse I would go insane. Are you gone home?

Definitely tell her to take it down, I'd go bananas. Some people have no cop on at all. I have everyone told that under no circumstances do I want any pictures of my baby on Facebook. Anyone who I'm close to but can't visit the baby straight away will get a private picture through whatsapp.

She took it down! I know it wasn't a bad act, I'm just highly emotional now n wanna do everything to protect her. I also don't want the dad to find out by fb, I just won't be able to deal wh him while I'm recovering.

She took it down! I know it wasn't a bad act, I'm just highly emotional now n wanna do everything to protect her. I also don't want the dad to find out by fb, I just won't be able to deal wh him while I'm recovering.

You don't need to justify your actions. You're her mum, if you say no pics then that's final.

Doesn't look like I'll be having a July baby at this stage, she's cemented in there the little trickster. Ahh well, as long as she's safe and happy she can wait.

Well looks like it was only false labour for me am grand now, feels like it will be a September baby at this stage

Well looks like it was only false labour for me am grand now, feels like it will be a September baby at this stage

Aw I know how you feel pet. Absolutely nothing happening here either. How long are you overdue now?

This baby will be coming out when Santa's sleigh arrives at this stage!

Aw I know how you feel pet. Absolutely nothing happening here either. How long are you overdue now?

This baby will be coming out when Santa's sleigh arrives at this stage!
    I will be a week over tomorrow - feels longer though!

• Advertisement

I will be a week over tomorrow - feels longer though!

You're not too far behind me then. I'm one week over today. I haven't been too impatient so far but could see that changing by the weekend.

Advertisement