Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

I feel like over the last two days the baby has got huge. The bump has a peculiar shape too. Really long and narrow, jutting out at the front. I'm not feeling the baby move as much as before either. I'm not happy with the hospital, I wish they induced me yesterday according to the original plan. Tuesday seems like light years away.

I'm the same, I feel like bump is all to the front and down lower. How come they didn't induce yesterday as what your original plan? I'm hopefully getting a sweep tomorrow. Have had really uncomfortable period like pains on and off for what feels like ages now but not progressing to anything. Plus the fact that I'm starting to walk like John Wayne due to the horrible pressure and aching in my pelvis! Rant over lol. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Bundaberg wrote: »
    I'm the same, I feel like bump is all to the front and down lower. How come they didn't induce yesterday as what your original plan? I'm hopefully getting a sweep tomorrow. Have had really uncomfortable period like pains on and off for what feels like ages now but not progressing to anything. Plus the fact that I'm starting to walk like John Wayne due to the horrible pressure and aching in my pelvis! Rant over lol. X

The hospital only do a maximum of 3 inducements per day and I was only booked in provisionally so they were booked up on Friday by the time I got booked in for definite. The timing with the bank holiday weekend didn't work out great either. Hopefully everything will be fine but I'm getting really tired now.

Hopefully the sweep will work out well for you ;). These babies are just enjoying the hospitality too much to want to come out.

The hospital only do a maximum of 3 inducements per day and I was only booked in provisionally so they were booked up on Friday by the time I got booked in for definite. The timing with the bank holiday weekend didn't work out great either. Hopefully everything will be fine but I'm getting really tired now.

Hopefully the sweep will work out well for you ;). These babies are just enjoying the hospitality too much to want to come out.

Hopefully, otherwise I'm telling myself I'll be induced as well ;) yep I hear you on the tiredness, our bodies are under so much pressure now carrying these comfy babies! I went for a long walk yesterday and I think my muscles nearly seized up last night. I really thought I'd have my baby by this weekend, how wrong I was! At least we can say we only have days left now ;) wonder how Xalot is getting on? Hopefully things might have started or happened for her! :)

Hopefully, otherwise I'm telling myself I'll be induced as well ;) yep I hear you on the tiredness, our bodies are under so much pressure now carrying these comfy babies! I went for a long walk yesterday and I think my muscles nearly seized up last night. I really thought I'd have my baby by this weekend, how wrong I was! At least we can say we only have days left now ;) wonder how Xalot is getting on? Hopefully things might have started or happened for her! :)

I think I'll stay house bound for the next few days and just try to relax. Although when you're sitting in the house, you see all the cleaning that needs to be done! I should have my baby by Wednesday but I'm starting to get this weird feeling about the whole thing. The babies father has a really good job in Abu Dhabi and is leaving by the end of the month. I never thought I'd say it but I'll really miss him :( .My sisters will be going back to Oz in the next few weeks and I'm scared about coping with the baby on my own. I'm not used to being at home and most of my good friends would be in Dublin. I'm going to try to get out and about as much as I can. Just hope it's not going to be too overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

hey y'all, am still hanging in there, had another sweep yesterday and my mucus plug is gone but am still not progressing so will be induced on Sunday night. Have the most horrific pressure in my pelvis but no contractions or pains. These babies just do not want to come out!

At least the end is near now. Am actually really excited to know I'll definitely have my baby in a couple of days. I would still prefer to go naturally but nothing I'm doing seems to make a blind bit of difference so am just going to chill out and enjoy my last couple of days of being pregnant. Hope the rest of ye are holding in there ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I hope all the ladies who haven't gone yet will go soon :) we'll all have our babies soon!

For those with babies, I'm feeding A every 3-4 hours. Sometimes she can be a bit unsettled during those hours so it might mean she's fast asleep when it's coming up to her feeding time. I know for the first while you have to wake them up to feed, but was wondering should i still do it if she's only asleep an hour before the next feed is due? N when can you start leaving it longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sorry for butting in but my friend (who i live with) has a 5 month old and we have never woken her for a bottle. If she is hungry she will wake up.

I hope you are enjoying this time with her, the first few weeks are previous, they lose the newborn look quickly. With my friends little one you can see her personality starting to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

loubian wrote: »
    I hope all the ladies who haven't gone yet will go soon :) we'll all have our babies soon!

For those with babies, I'm feeding A every 3-4 hours. Sometimes she can be a bit unsettled during those hours so it might mean she's fast asleep when it's coming up to her feeding time. I know for the first while you have to wake them up to feed, but was wondering should i still do it if she's only asleep an hour before the next feed is due? N when can you start leaving it longer?
    I'd be interested in hearing people's opinion on this too. Amelia is bottle fed & feeds every 3 to 4 hours but at night she can sleep for 5 / 6 hours straight. I was always told to never wake a sleeping baby but when she does wake and gets her feed, it's an hour or two later she is looking for more!

Any news on the rest of the July babies???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Saoirse is a devil for feeding for half the day and sleeping all night. She wakes for a quick 10 min feed half way through then off to sleep again. The PHN us going mad over it as it means her weight is not going up. But for love nor money the child refuses to wake and unlike bottle fed babies she wont sleep feed.

The norm is the first 6 weeks of 3 hour feeds min. The thing is you will never get A solid answer. If every woman here went to her gp or phn, they would all give us different answers.

xalot wrote: »
    hey y'all, am still hanging in there, had another sweep yesterday and my mucus plug is gone but am still not progressing so will be induced on Sunday night. Have the most horrific pressure in my pelvis but no contractions or pains. These babies just do not want to come out!

At least the end is near now. Am actually really excited to know I'll definitely have my baby in a couple of days. I would still prefer to go naturally but nothing I'm doing seems to make a blind bit of difference so am just going to chill out and enjoy my last couple of days of being pregnant. Hope the rest of ye are holding in there ok.

So excited for you! Hope you have a nice chilled relaxing day planned before you are induced! I had sweep this morning, midwife said my cervix is still quite high but she could just about get it. Hoping even the irritation of it night trigger something. Otherwise if nothing starts this week ill be induced this day next week. At least the end is in sight!

• Advertisement

I think I'll stay house bound for the next few days and just try to relax. Although when you're sitting in the house, you see all the cleaning that needs to be done! I should have my baby by Wednesday but I'm starting to get this weird feeling about the whole thing. The babies father has a really good job in Abu Dhabi and is leaving by the end of the month. I never thought I'd say it but I'll really miss him :( .My sisters will be going back to Oz in the next few weeks and I'm scared about coping with the baby on my own. I'm not used to being at home and most of my good friends would be in Dublin. I'm going to try to get out and about as much as I can. Just hope it's not going to be too overwhelming.

I'm sure you'll be fine hon, it's a huge change but we will get into a routine and find our rhythm! My hubby is out of work at the mo and there is a possibility if a job comes up he will be away from home too. I think it's good to get out and about like you were saying, even if its just to go for a stroll with the pram and get some fresh air! :)

I am staying in my pjs tomorrow now matter who calls to the house!

Back in hospital - possible infection. Missing my baby girl like crazy :-(

The remaining July mammies have gone very quiet... Hopefully that's a good thing and we'll be hearing some news very soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

JD24 wrote: »

oh no JD, hope you see her again soon. One thing I noticed last time in the Rotunda was in my 4 day stay there was 3 readmittence to the hospital in that one small room.

I'm heading into the hospital this afternoon and will be induced tomorrow morning. I had a very upsetting morning with my family but I think at this stage the whole situation has consumed so much of my energy that I just want to get into the hospital and focus on the delivering the baby safely. I hope Bundaberg and Xalot are keeping well?

The remaining July mammies have gone very quiet... Hopefully that's a good thing and we'll be hearing some news very soon :-)

Poor you :(. I hope you make a quick recovery and are back to your little baby soon x

Sorry to hear. Hope you are on the road to recovery and back with your little girl very soon. x

I'm heading into the hospital this afternoon and will be induced tomorrow morning. I had a very upsetting morning with my family but I think at this stage the whole situation has consumed so much of my energy that I just want to get into the hospital and focus on the delivering the baby safely. I hope Bundaberg and Xalot are keeping well?

All ok here! Have been having ongoing pains and twinges, quite strong tonight. Think I might have started to lose some of my plug too (tmi sorry!) but I still reckon ill have to be induced Sunday to have this baby arrive. Midwife doesn't think so but I just think this baby is far too snug in there! ;) hope Xalot is doing ok too.

All ok here! Have been having ongoing pains and twinges, quite strong tonight. Think I might have started to lose some of my plug too (tmi sorry!) but I still reckon ill have to be induced Sunday to have this baby arrive. Midwife doesn't think so but I just think this baby is far too snug in there! ;) hope Xalot is doing ok too.

It's a very long wait to be induced! I'm being told that it could still take a few days to go into active labour after being induced. I could end up being here for a week! Nothing has happened me naturally so that could well happen. I feel like I'm going to see all the seasons out this hospital window.

It's a very long wait to be induced! I'm being told that it could still take a few days to go into active labour after being induced. I could end up being here for a week! Nothing has happened me naturally so that could well happen. I feel like I'm going to see all the seasons out this hospital window.

Wow, why would the induction take so long?

• Advertisement

Wow, why would the induction take so long?

I was told that I'd be given a maximum of 2 gels a day over a maximum of 2 days and then a rest day if nothing happens. Then labour and then 2-3 nights in hospital. I know they're giving me worse case scenario but I thought it was a matter of being given the gel, wait a few hours and then labour starts but that's not what I'm being told here.

I was told that I'd be given a maximum of 2 gels a day over a maximum of 2 days and then a rest day if nothing happens. Then labour and then 2-3 nights in hospital. I know they're giving me worse case scenario but I thought it was a matter of being given the gel, wait a few hours and then labour starts but that's not what I'm being told here.

I thought the same. I suppose it's a careful measured process. I know they give the gel here too to start, but I don't think they space them out over 2 days, I must ask at my next appt. How are you feeling otherwise? Have you a time in the morning when it starts? X

I thought the same. I suppose it's a careful measured process. I know they give the gel here too to start, but I don't think they space them out over 2 days, I must ask at my next appt. How are you feeling otherwise? Have you a time in the morning when it starts? X

Getting kick started at 6.30 in the morning. Kinda glad it's so early so I won't have too much time to think. I thought it would take a lot less time to go into active labour but everyone is different.

Getting kick started at 6.30 in the morning. Kinda glad it's so early so I won't have too much time to think. I thought it would take a lot less time to go into active labour but everyone is different.

Well wishing you the best! Hope it all goes as smoothly and quickly as possible for you :) you don't know- you could have your little one in your arms this time tomorrow! ;)

Good luck icescreamqueen, hopefully you will have babs in your arms soon!

Well wishing you the best! Hope it all goes as smoothly and quickly as possible for you :) you don't know- you could have your little one in your arms this time tomorrow! ;)

Thank you :). Hopefully tomorrow is over quick and it's not the same man from The Green Mile who induced my friend as she told me! Hopefully baby is here soon. Good luck to you too and hopefully the baba won't keep you waiting much longer either x

Thanks ladies x I'm here since Saturday morning - bad case of mastitis - been on non-stop antibiotics. Hoping to get out today...

Good luck icescreamqueen & bundaberg! Hopefully you'll both be cuddling your babies very soon x

Totally in fed up mode :( Was given two gels today to kick start labour but nothing has happened yet apart from severe back pain. I feel so restless and uncomfortable. Wish baby would make a move soon. 2 weeks over tomorrow bleurggghhhhh :(

Totally in fed up mode :( Was given two gels today to kick start labour but nothing has happened yet apart from severe back pain. I feel so restless and uncomfortable. Wish baby would make a move soon. 2 weeks over tomorrow bleurggghhhhh :(

2 weeks...! You poor thing x that's one comfy baby you have!!!

What's the next step for you?

At least your getting closer to having your baby in your arms!!! :-)

• Advertisement

2 weeks...! You poor thing x that's one comfy baby you have!!!

What's the next step for you?

At least your getting closer to having your baby in your arms!!! :-)

Aww I said that this morning and nothing has happened, she just doesn't want to come out :'(. I'm hoping the bad back pain is a good sign and I could be one of those women who has all her labour pains in her back.

Next step is starting the same process tomorrow morning. Another 2 sets of gels- one early morning and one afternoon. Had a man do it second time around and he just didn't know his way around at all. The first midwife was amazing, I hope I get her again in the morning.

Advertisement