Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Wonder if xalot had her baby!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I hope she has. I'd love to do an update of all the July babies and Mammies a la the June babies. I don't have proper Internet access here but perhaps we could kick off and then I'll try put it in chronological order later. I'll kick off if you all want to add to it...

Icescreamqueen- baby girl 7th of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

No word on her for a few days, when was she due?

Wolfpawnat - a baby girl on July 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Nikkibikki - 2 baby boys born 1st July
    Wolfpawnat - a baby girl on July 21st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'm on the phone here but just put the 3 of us there together, will c if I get a chance to log onto laptop later, although DH is giving me a night off tonight so I may consume some alcohol later instead....

• Advertisement

Loubian - baby girl born 29th july :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Congrats everyone on your arrivals, haven't been online as have had a pretty tough time of it. Was given gel on Sunday night and waters went pretty soon after they were clear but showed meconium as labour progressed, to cut a very long story short I was in labour for 22 hours of which 6 hours were stuck at 8cm finally got to pushing stage to find baby was back to back and had to go for an emergency section.

My lovely 9lb 10 baby boy eventually made his entrance and did well for 24hours but developed breathing problems so was moved to special care. He's on the mend and it's nothing serious but it's very difficult not being able to have him by my bed. I can't wait to get him home and start being a proper mommy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Congratulations Xalot and Bundaberg! So happy to hear of the safe arrives of your babies x hope you are both doing well :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Loubian - baby girl born 29th july :)
    JD24 - baby girl born 21st July

Woohoo we got all our July/ August babies here safe and sound. So proud of us all :). We are all so blessed, lucky ladies and lucky babies :)

• Advertisement

How awful is it that I'm getting annoyed at A crying :( i feel like a horrible mother... she's waking up every 2.5/3 hours now for a feed, she's onky taking 50mls n is taking 90 mins to settle so means by the time she is settled she's only down for about an hour before she wakes again for more food :( I'm exhausted :(

Well she just woke up with s big dirty nappy do I think that was what was wrong with her. She's asleep now, hopefully she will stay asleep for st least an hour!

loubian wrote: »
    How awful is it that I'm getting annoyed at A crying :( i feel like a horrible mother... she's waking up every 2.5/3 hours now for a feed, she's onky taking 50mls n is taking 90 mins to settle so means by the time she is settled she's only down for about an hour before she wakes again for more food :( I'm exhausted :(

Loubian I'm so glad I read your message. I feel the exact same way. I had a little cry in the hospital about it earlier. Baby is literally waking up every 20-30 mins for a feed and I'm exhausted too. I can't imagine how tired you must be, I'm only on day 3. I keep telling myself it has to get easier.

Loubian I'm so glad I read your message. I feel the exact same way. I had a little cry in the hospital about it earlier. Baby is literally waking up every 20-30 mins for a feed and I'm exhausted too. I can't imagine how tired you must be, I'm only on day 3. I keep telling myself it has to get easier.

I don't want to lay blame on anything but I think A might be going through a growth spurt! It's the only thing I can think of that is making her this hungry.. unless she has a little tummy bug! Icecreamqueen, it will get easier for both of us, I guess it's good to know we're not the only ones feeling this way! Trying to tell myself its only natural to get cranky from lack of sleep.

Congrats Xalot. My son had to spend time in nicu when he was born too after an emergency c-section. It's hard but glad to hear he is on the mend.

Loubian, they go through a growth spurt at 2-3 weeks so she could easily be. S is having one at the moment, I have to have boobs out constantly, all she wants to do is eat. What A is going through is normal, but just as normal are your feelings. You're exhausted, hormones are still balancing and it is all very frustrating some days. I think too many women try to pretend everything is perfect when it's not, you are completely honest and that makes you stronger than most. You're doing great. Would anyone give you a feed off so you could take a bit of a sleep today?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Congrats xalot! All the July babies safely born now
    :-)

Loubian, I have to admit your honesty scares me but I'm grateful for it, because I feel like you're preparing me for what's to come. One of my biggest fears is that I'll lose the plot with my lo when she gets here but I'm starting to accept that it's normal. The feedback here is invaluable and I don't doubt for a second that you're doing a fantastic job, everyone is! From what I've been reading, the first 6 weeks are the hardest and you're halfway there. Keep venting here when you need to and you'll make it through. As will I, hopefully with my sanity in check

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Loubian, I have to admit your honesty scares me but I'm grateful for it, because I feel like you're preparing me for what's to come. One of my biggest fears is that I'll lose the plot with my lo when she gets here but I'm starting to accept that it's normal. The feedback here is invaluable and I don't doubt for a second that you're doing a fantastic job, everyone is! From what I've been reading, the first 6 weeks are the hardest and you're halfway there. Keep venting here when you need to and you'll make it through. As will I, hopefully with my sanity in check

I feel that I have to voice my feelings and concerns now because after a year of counselling I'm used to opening up n talking about my feelings. I would suggest you try your best to be open and honest wh the people around you if you're feeling sad or overwhelmed. I was half prepared for my emotions to be out of whack, I knew it would happen n as a person who gets emotional very easily, I knew I'd be upset a bit. But when I get a good sleep, I'm in such a better mood n I'm able to think clearly so I can forgive myself for getting annoyed. I know I love her, it's just tiredness making everything worse.

Wolf, yes my mum should be able to take over one ir two feeds for me n I might take her up on the offer. I felt that I needed to be awake for all her feeds to make sure she was getting enough but I can recognise now that sleep hekps. They ssy babies pick up on the environment n I don't want her picking up my stress n anger so from now on, if my msm offers to feed her, I'll say ok!

Wolf, yes my mum should be able to take over one ir two feeds for me n I might take her up on the offer. I felt that I needed to be awake for all her feeds to make sure she was getting enough but I can recognise now that sleep hekps. They ssy babies pick up on the environment n I don't want her picking up my stress n anger so from now on, if my msm offers to feed her, I'll say ok!

We all want to be able to do everything but truth is we can't. I keep nearly falling asleep feeding S and on occasion I actually have. If she offers even just one, take it. Just a good rest can help. It's a long few months. Take everything that you can now. It gets better.....until teething.

Tiredness can really take over everything else in your life. I think it's great being so in touch with your emotions Loubian. It can stop them getting out of control down the line if you're aware of how you're feeling now. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about getting PND. My Mum had it after her first baby and I would be very similarly emotionally wired like her. I'm just going to keep asking for help and talking to people I trust about how I feel.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about getting PND.

I was really worried about it. Being alone all day every day with 2 kids. No friends and family for support. It was something that really ate at me. Luckily my oh is taking a 6 months off college to help. He also needs to get work exp done too but that will mean only 12 hour days max. Better than the 16-18 hour ones he was supposed to be starting. I know I could still get it, but at least I have some support now

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Loubian - baby girl born 29th july
    JD24 - baby girl born 21st July
    Pnpweirdo - baby boy born 3rd july

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing??

How's everyone doing??

Good and bad here. Few tummy aches in a little girl so trying to figure out what in my diet is doing it which is difficult. But other than that really well in general. Love her to bits she so is so cute.

Hoe are you feeling?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Good and bad here. Few tummy aches in a little girl so trying to figure out what in my diet is doing it which is difficult. But other than that really well in general. Love her to bits she so is so cute.

Hoe are you feeling?

Awh really? How do you know it's a tummy ache if you don't mind me asking?

I'm feeling better, gave a to my mam yesterday so I could sleep. She was still up until about 2.30 last night but I was able to handle it much better after sleeping. Had her two week check up today - she's doing well! I still have a bit of an infection so I'm on my antibiotics for another few days. Have a 21st to go to on Friday, my first night out! I'll only be out for an hour or two before I fall asleep ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

My OH went back to work today and I survived :-D we didn't leave the sofa though. I might chance a walk to the shops by myself before the end of the week.
    I can't believe how much the tiredness takes its toll on you. I'm breastfeeding but now topping up her night time feeds with formula because I was ready to run away!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NicMZ589snY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I played this for A n she calmed right down and fell asleep :)

On another note, my friend sent me a picture of a positive pregnancy test. She can be a joker but I don't think she'd be joking now! She's in the middle of spain on a hike so where would she get the joke... she's tge first person I told when I found out! If she is, I'm mega excited! I haven't heard back from her coz she's asleep! Aahh!

Awh really? How do you know it's a tummy ache if you don't mind me asking? !

When she has no wind left in her but yet she is in agony with her stomach. And because it has happened sporadically once every couple days when I eat certain things. Obviously it is something irrupting her in my milk.

I tend to be the person everyone tells first about their pregnancies, it is great if your friend has told you the truth. A will have a little buddy.

I'm breastfeeding but now topping up her night time feeds with formula because I was ready to run away!!

best of both worlds really, especially at night. I find I am exhausted for the night feeds. Dosing off costantly. :(

Wolfpawnat fair play for keeping up the night feeds. I seriously thought I was gonna go mad. Topping up with formula means instead of getting up 5 or 6 times a night we now only get up 2 or 3! I hated bf at the start I just felt like a big cow and was starting to resent L. I was only getting 30-40 mins between feeds and I was using that time to shower or eat while it seemed like Daddy was getting all the cuddle& the good stuff. I cried the first few times I topped her up with formula, I felt so guilty but after I got some sleep I felt like a new woman.

We slept from 1 until now!! Go team!!

• Advertisement

Oh I'm very jealous Loubian!!

Advertisement