Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

loubian wrote: »
    I just registered A today, n they told me that I'd get a letter about cb. Dunno what it will say!

It will just ask if you want it paid into the post office or the bank really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

January wrote: »
    You don't get it for the month they are born, so whether they were born on the 1st of July or the 31st of July, the first payment will be from August. You will get a letter in the post that you have to return to them and the payment will be backdated to Augusts payment.

Aw that's annoying. Baby was born on the 7th of August so I'll miss out on the August money. I think I'll set her up her own bank account and get it paid into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

A still doesn't like the infacol, have to put it on my fingers sometimes for her to suck it off. She won't swallow it otherwise.

That's great :) so glad he's settling in well! How's your oh getting on in college?
    I gave S the infacol and it made her worse. She just threw up everywhere instead. She cried for an hour and a half straight last night, she is usually so good at night.

My OH has taken a leave of absence until xmas. It delays him graduating by half a year but means he is not doing the ridiculous hours until S is a little older and also means he is able to complete all his clinical experience before he starts rotations in January meaning that he will have plenty of time to study and rest in between rotations as opposed to sandwiching clinical work and study into his weeks off. Which is needed as they got an email from the college the other day saying their rotations are going to be even more hours than originally planned and including double shifts at weekends!!! Only one more year, that's all we keep saying.
    Has anyone received their child benefit yet? Does anyone know if we get it from the day the babies were born or what's the story? I'm going to register CS's birth tomorrow so I can apply then.

They sort it when she is registered. As January said, all you are asked is do you want it in the PO or bank, if the bank then they ask for your bank details and it is backdated to the month starting after the baby is born. And is put into your account on the first Tuesday of every month there after.

I just registered A today, n they told me that I'd get a letter about cb. Dunno what it will say!

A has a rash on her face, I thought it was from the bottles but it's going down on to her neck. It might be eczema. Have the doc on Thursday anyway but her poor face looks sore :(

What did you need to register her birth?

The same thing has happened to CS in the last 2 days. She has spots on one side of her face and under her chin. I thought it was the milk getting stuck between the layers of skin too. That's another thing to add to the list to ask the PHN tomorrow :(

What did you need to register her birth?

The same thing has happened to CS in the last 2 days. She has spots on one side of her face and under her chin. I thought it was the milk getting stuck between the layers of skin too. That's another thing to add to the list to ask the PHN tomorrow :(

You need photo ID and I can't remember if you need proof of address. If CS is getting her father's surname, he is required, I know that is not possible at the moment, he can add it at a later date if you like.

S has a few spots, I think some are because she needed her blanket washed, their skin can be so sensitive.

• Advertisement

No proof of address is needed.

Wolfpaw - that's good about your partner doing that, I know it delays it but at least he'll be around to help more when S is small. It's a great help! And A will be the better for it too because it means you can both spend a bit of alone time with him while the other takes S for a while.

No proof of address is needed.

Wolfpaw - that's good about your partner doing that, I know it delays it but at least he'll be around to help more when S is small. It's a great help! And A will be the better for it too because it means you can both spend a bit of alone time with him while the other takes S for a while.

On half days he takes A out to the park, or just for walks they climbed Bray head the other day. And he does some of the school runs and some housework. I am terrified for after Xmas, I might get lazy!!! Well he has to do a week in Cork and a week in Kildare in October/November so they will prepare me for the road ahead while he is finishing. 18 months from now we will hopefully be a bit more settled.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    You need photo ID and I can't remember if you need proof of address. If CS is getting her father's surname, he is required, I know that is not possible at the moment, he can add it at a later date if you like.

S has a few spots, I think some are because she needed her blanket washed, their skin can be so sensitive.

I definitely do want his name on the birth cert but as you said that isn't possible as he isn't in the country at the minute. We're in a complicated situation as we work together but I have to give the birth cert to my employer and they don't know he is the father. I don't want them to know either. We just want to keep our personal and professional lives separate.
    The whole situation does upset me at times. I'm glad I can get his name added to the cert later though. I wasn't sure if that was possible.

Why do you have to give the birth cert to your employer? Sorry if that's being nosey... I'd give them the one without the fathers name on it and then update it later when you can both get in together.

Why do you have to give the birth cert to your employer? Sorry if that's being nosey... I'd give them the one without the fathers name on it and then update it later when you can both get in together.

Yeah I was surprised when I heard I had to give a copy of it in too. Probably something to do with showing the babies's actual birth date for maternity leave purposes.

• Advertisement

I never had to do that with my employer... I'd be asking questions... I don't think they can legally ask you to hand over the birth cert...

It was actually my union who told me I would have to hand it in. My employer haven't asked me for it as of yet. Perhaps I'll ask someone different from my union to see what they say.

Seems your union was right... you said you were a teacher? Just did a quick Google and it's true. That's crazy...

Seems your union was right... you said you were a teacher? Just did a quick Google and it's true. That's crazy...

Yeah I'm a primary teacher. I just assumed it would be expected from all employers. Did it say why?

No it didn't say why, if you Google "teacher having to give childs birth cert" there's a couple of links. The one on the into.ie website says it's for breastfeeding mothers going back to work but there's a few others there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I wonder would they accept a letter from your doctor stating the date of birth instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I feel like I was reading something about having someone vouch for the father if he is unable to be there in person to sign the birthcert. I'll try see if I can find a link? If it's true could save having to change the birth cert. And you could always cblock out his name on the copy you give your school.

EDIT: well maybe it was this link He could sign it and have it witnessed in the country he is in and you can then present it here by yourself?

I got CSs birth cert today. I just put my name on it, which can go into the school. The lady in the office was very helpful and told me that I can come back at Christmas with CSs father and get it redone with his name on it. I'm relieved it's all sorted now and her proper cert will have his name on it.

Not just that, but the school need only get the first one. They need never know (not that the parentage is any of their business) Glad that is sorted for you icecreamqueen. There was a similar situation in my OH's family. Dad was away working for a few months, but cert sorted when he came back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi Ladies,

Been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone and babies are keeping well :)

Amelia is 7 1/2 weeks old now! Getting big, she was 8.2lbs when born, had her weighted last week and shes now 10.5lb!:)

Have booked her 2 month injection and BCG - not looking forward to either of them! Has anyone's babies had their injections yet and if so, how did it go?? Im dreading the tears!!! :o:(

She sleeps quite well during the night, last night she was down at 11 pm and awake at 6am! She sleeps very little during the day, and when she is tired she fights the tireness leading to a very cranky little lady.

How is everyone doing? I was back in hospital with a very bad case of mastitis which I can thankfully say after 2 rounds of separate antibitoics has finally cleared! :D I feel good, I get out every other day for walks which I find great as being couped up in the apartment drives me mad!

I am now in the process of moving again! This time to a lovely house with a back garden and loads of room for Amelia to, eventually, run around in! It was hard doing it 8 months pregnant but I have a feeling moving with a baby and everything that goes with her wont be any easier!

Hope your all doing good and all the July babies are thriving :D:):D

• Advertisement

JD24 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone and babies are keeping well :)

Amelia is 7 1/2 weeks old now! Getting big, she was 8.2lbs when born, had her weighted last week and shes now 10.5lb!:)

Have booked her 2 month injection and BCG - not looking forward to either of them! Has anyone's babies had their injections yet and if so, how did it go?? Im dreading the tears!!! :o:(

She sleeps quite well during the night, last night she was down at 11 pm and awake at 6am! She sleeps very little during the day, and when she is tired she fights the tireness leading to a very cranky little lady.

How is everyone doing? I was back in hospital with a very bad case of mastitis which I can thankfully say after 2 rounds of separate antibitoics has finally cleared! :D I feel good, I get out every other day for walks which I find great as being couped up in the apartment drives me mad!

I am now in the process of moving again! This time to a lovely house with a back garden and loads of room for Amelia to, eventually, run around in! It was hard doing it 8 months pregnant but I have a feeling moving with a baby and everything that goes with her wont be any easier!

Hope your all doing good and all the July babies are thriving :D:):D

Hey JD24, glad you and Amelia are doing well. It's scary to think the girls are so old already

Sorry to hear you were suffering mastitis, I hope never to get that.

Vaccines are not fun. BCG is fine, they don't usually have any reaction to it, with other vaccines they can be cranky or can get a temperature. Have calpol/ neurofen ready. Some docs recommend giving a little beforehand, but to each their own. They can get upset. If you are breastfeeding you can have her drinking as they do it. Some babies are soothed by it

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

L had her BCG at 9 days old. One of the midwives that came to my house scared the bejaysus out of me saying we couldn't bring her out until she had it.

She had her 6 week check up last week and is flying she had gone up 13lb.
    I joined weight watchers last night to try and feel normal again. I also have 7 weeks to fit into a size 12 bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding!!!

L had her BCG at 9 days old. One of the midwives that came to my house scared the bejaysus out of me saying we couldn't bring her out until she had it.

She had her 6 week check up last week and is flying she had gone up 13lb.
    I joined weight watchers last night to try and feel normal again. I also have 7 weeks to fit into a size 12 bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding!!!

Tummy tucking undergarments would be a suggestion too. I did it for my sons christening, though it Is physically annoying, it makes you feel somewhat normal sized again

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Tummy tucking undergarments would be a suggestion too. I did it for my sons christening, though it Is physically annoying, it makes you feel somewhat normal sized again

Oh I plan on getting some industrial strength magic knickers!! I was just hoping breast feeding would make me skinny again but it didn't happen :-D

Oh I plan on getting some industrial strength magic knickers!! I was just hoping breast feeding would make me skinny again but it didn't happen :-D

It does help, but the excess skin from the babies is hard to get rid of. It's the worst thing about the section, the skin takes longer to go back. And the risk of a shelf. Lucky I have to do a 25 min walk each way twice daily for my sons school.

Will my belly ever go back to the way it was? Not that I was ever totally ripped or anything but my belly is still quite big. I'm going to start yoga in 2 weeks to help get it more toned. Hopefully it'll help. The things us ladies have to do eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My belly has this odd bit that hangs over to the right on top of my belly button? I had a bit of a flabby belly before but I'm hoping to get rid of all of it. Just met my friend who is due in October n looking at her bump makes me miss mine soo much!

A's feeding pattern seems to have changed. Usually she'd gulp down two thirds of her bottle then we'd wind n change her then shed finish the rest. Now she's only taking 30-40 mls n then is falling asleep before she takes the rest. It means she's waking up sooner coz she's starving faster. Any of you experiencing this? I know most of you bf but it still might happen?

Happens a lot, doesn't matter if they're formula or breast fed. It is very annoying I know but she'll be out of it again in no time. Which I know means toss all when it's four in the morning and you have been up twice already that night! :(

• Advertisement

I bought the hungry baby feed but I'm unsure whether to use it. I don't want to make her sick. She's all over the place since last week. Only drinking half her bottle and sleeping for ages, or only sleeping for 30 mins n then seems starving again. It's so confusing. She doesn't seem to be taking a full bottle any more, only like once a day, where normally she'd be drinking 3-5 full ones a day! I'm going to track it for the next few days and see how she gets on.

Advertisement