Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

loubian wrote: »
    I bought the hungry baby feed but I'm unsure whether to use it. I don't want to make her sick. She's all over the place since last week. Only drinking half her bottle and sleeping for ages, or only sleeping for 30 mins n then seems starving again. It's so confusing. She doesn't seem to be taking a full bottle any more, only like once a day, where normally she'd be drinking 3-5 full ones a day! I'm going to track it for the next few days and see how she gets on.

I know it might be different because I'm bf too but after a week I put L on the hungrier baby formula and we had no problems at all. She was drinking the whole bottle of normal formula after being breastfed and looking for more! The first night we gave it to her she went from waking every 2 hours to sleeping for nearly5 hours straight and I got some much needed sleep. If we just give her a bottle of formula during the day she can take 2 hours to finish it she likes little and often but she's 8 weeks over 13lb and in 3-6 month clothing so I wouldn't worry about her not finishing the bottle Loubian :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm beyond tired. After our lil up n down last week thought we were finally getting back to normal when A got a cough and a cold n is waking every two hours. Poor thing is goin mad with the blocked nose, n I don't have one of those suckymabobs that you can use to get rid of buggers. It's times like these I wish I was still breastfeeding so i could just whip her on the boob the minute she starts crying instead of having to go half warm a bottle coz a) I'm too tired to wait n b) she's screaming the house down. So so tired. Have to have the house vlean for someybig tomorrow, asked my two brothers to help me, they decided to go get drunk instead. Uugghh. Men. I repeat, so so tired.

One of my brothers just came home while I was feeding A. I'm a bit of a safety freak n worry about fires a lot so I make sure n have told everyone in the house to make sure all doors are closed at night time. Uet several times my stepbrother has lrft them all feckin open. He did it tonight coming in. I just wish he'd respect its a safety precaution. The lack of sleep has me seriously pissed off with him. Uughhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Boob helps with a lot of things, apparently it helps with snuffly noses too, I hope not to find out though. I love at night not having to wait for bottles to heat/cool, I just whip one out. My little lady gets all upset if she doesn't get to be sitting up in my arms, so meals are quite frustrating in my place.

I went to a parent and child group yesterday, I really just needed the company for a while and I loved it. Only gutted I lost 15e on the way there :(

L is sleeping through the night the last week. I'm nearly afraid to even mention it in case it puts the mockers on it. The world is a much better place after a nights sleep!
    She got her needles today so hopefully that wont upset her routine.

S got her injections yesterday, she was okay after them.

Brought her to hospital today for another check-up, they are unhappy with her weight, so I have to force her awake to feed her now at night :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    S got her injections yesterday, she was okay after them.

Brought her to hospital today for another check-up, they are unhappy with her weight, so I have to force her awake to feed her now at night :(

Aw golly, that's tough going. Did the hospital give you any advice re getting her weight up? I'm the same, CR has only put on 2ozs in 2 weeks from breastfeeding alone. She has reflux too which doesn't help. I'm a bit disheartened at the minute. I have to start giving her Galvescon in a bottle on the advice of the PHN. I just don't know where I'll get the time to prepare that on top of everything else :(

Aw golly, that's tough going. Did the hospital give you any advice re getting her weight up? I'm the same, CR has only put on 2ozs in 2 weeks from breastfeeding alone. She has reflux too which doesn't help. I'm a bit disheartened at the minute. I have to start giving her Galvescon in a bottle on the advice of the PHN. I just don't know where I'll get the time to prepare that on top of everything else :(

S spits up a lot of her food and has a lot of wind, but is generally very good. I think a lot of it is they seem to think every child should follow a particular pattern and that all children should be formula fed as it is easier to tell what they are feeding, rather than bf babies who can fluctuate more.

A got her needles today. Stupis nurse put white tape on her legs after n when my dad was taking it off she screamed the house down as it was pulling off her skin.

Anyone trying to start their routine? A's still feeding every three hours during the day and still changing randomly. How do you begin to start a routine?

A got her needles today. Stupis nurse put white tape on her legs after n when my dad was taking it off she screamed the house down as it was pulling off her skin.

Anyone trying to start their routine? A's still feeding every three hours during the day and still changing randomly. How do you begin to start a routine?

Not looking forward to Tuesday when CS is getting her immunisations!

I'm thinking of a routine too especially with the clocks going back soon. I thought I'd try to coincide this with putting CS in her cot but I don't think she's ready yet. She is feeding on demand, I feel like I'm spending 50% of my day feeding her.

I had a visit from a nurse this morning as part of a Lifestart programme which is being run for new parents in Donegal. She mentioned that I need to start a routine too. The only thing CS is in a great routine with is sleeping. She has gone the last 4 nights 12-10 without waking. It's a Godsend!

Not looking forward to Tuesday when CS is getting her immunisations!

I'm thinking of a routine too especially with the clocks going back soon. I thought I'd try to coincide this with putting CS in her cot but I don't think she's ready yet. She is feeding on demand, I feel like I'm spending 50% of my day feeding her.

I had a visit from a nurse this morning as part of a Lifestart programme which is being run for new parents in Donegal. She mentioned that I need to start a routine too. The only thing CS is in a great routine with is sleeping. She has gone the last 4 nights 12-10 without waking. It's a Godsend!

It's terrible really that they've to get them. Their poor little bodies having to fight all those diseases. Gave her a tiny bit of calpol last night coz she seemed in a lot of pain - the reaction was priceless. She was crying n the first drop went in... silence!! I could see her mind going "what is this strange new flavour!?" Gas!

A is in her cot. She's a tiny bug in it! She was getting too big for the moses basket; pushing herself up to the top of it! N she moves so much I was afraid it would topple over. She seems to like it, I think she likes that she can see me out the side of it! Going to get a bumper for the side that's facing the door though to stop the draft!

I'm not sure how to start getting into a routine. I'm not one to do the same thing everyday, it would drive me nuts but I suppose I could try set ones for the evening. She's had a tough few weeks with her cold and getting the jabs so ill see how we get on over the next two weeks n then try start it!

That's great that she's sleeping through for you :) does she have a big feed before that?

For those of you on your first baby, how are you finding motherhood?
    For those of you not on your first, how are you finding the extra person to look after?

• Advertisement

It's very hard to get a routine started before 12 weeks, but if you do the same things every day, they soon realise them. Babies actually like routines, well basic sorts of ones. Not they always keep to them! I am up since 5, but I have been up since 3 some days, other days she goes straight back to sleep after a feed and I get up between 7/7:15.

I tend to bath her and her brother every other night, and every night as A is getting into his pj's, I change her into a onsie and put her in her sleeping bag type thing. I then feed her a bottle of expressed because at that time she gets lazy and will not for love or money feed from me. She goes down between 8-10 pm for a few hours. More often 8 but it depends how much she sleeps during the day. It depends on whether I was out a lot with her, she sleeps a lot in the moving buggy, as so many of them do.

S was grand after her vaccines, I have only given her calpol once, she loved it, it was a case of wah, wah, wah, wa.... hang on, this tastes good, gimme, gimme, gimme!!! I know the vaccines seem horrible, but as I remind myself, they are bad, but what they prevent are far worse! Meningitis, Diphtheria, they kill, or permanently damage. I saw a little girl in ICU with Men, as shíte as vaccines are, we are doing what it best for them, well that's what I tell myself anyway.

I put S in her cot from the word go, we have a small rocking crib, but no space. She looks so lost in it. :D

I find it okay, having to go on an hour long round trip to A's school twice a day is annoying, it means I have to organise feeding her around those times. It is hard to function when you can be up for ages and not be able to get some sleep when S is sleeping because A would be alone then.

Teething has started!!! My lovely placid baby that was sleeping through the night is now a demon crying for no reason waking up 4 times a night dribbling everywhere and biting everything she can get her hands on. She seems to be in better form today thank god!!

I'm gonna put L in her cot the weekend she's hulking out of the moses basket? Did any of you put a positioner in the cot or just make sure babies feet were at the end of it?

Teething has started!!! My lovely placid baby that was sleeping through the night is now a demon crying for no reason waking up 4 times a night dribbling everywhere and biting everything she can get her hands on. She seems to be in better form today thank god!!

I'm gonna put L in her cot the weekend she's hulking out of the moses basket? Did any of you put a positioner in the cot or just make sure babies feet were at the end of it?

Think A might start teething soon! She's drooling a lot, chewing her hand n nomming away on the soother even when she's not hungry.

I just put A's feet at the end of the cot :) didn't even know there was positioners :P

Getting bouts of insomnia :( not fun when herself will be awake in an hour for a bottle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Hello lovely ladies, haven't been on here since the little man was born. Hope you are all well and settling into mammyhood ;) have been so busy here, I don't think anything can prepare you for parenthood! T is doing great, I'm breastfeeding which is going good, he is 9 weeks old on Thursday and is 13lbs! Hungry little boy. The first few weeks were tough- exhaustion & soreness combined. I had a third degree tear and was hobbling around like John Wayne at first lol. Glad to say I've healed perfectly and docs say only a small chance I would tear badly again. How are you all getting on? Xx

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Hello lovely ladies, haven't been on here since the little man was born. Hope you are all well and settling into mammyhood ;) have been so busy here, I don't think anything can prepare you for parenthood! T is doing great, I'm breastfeeding which is going good, he is 9 weeks old on Thursday and is 13lbs! Hungry little boy. The first few weeks were tough- exhaustion & soreness combined. I had a third degree tear and was hobbling around like John Wayne at first lol. Glad to say I've healed perfectly and docs say only a small chance I would tear badly again. How are you all getting on? Xx

OMG Bundaberg how did you cope with a 3rd degree tear!! I had a 2nd degree tear and the recovery was worse than the actually labour. I'm dreading tearing again on the next baby!

OMG Bundaberg how did you cope with a 3rd degree tear!! I had a 2nd degree tear and the recovery was worse than the actually labour. I'm dreading tearing again on the next baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

You poor thing! I don't know how I coped lol! I think I was so distracted with Tadhg and getting to grips with motherhood that I didn't even think about it! It was tough though, i was nearly put off having more kids lol!! ;) all good though. How are you feeling now? Have you had your check up? X

You poor thing! I don't know how I coped lol! I think I was so distracted with Tadhg and getting to grips with motherhood that I didn't even think about it! It was tough though, i was nearly put off having more kids lol!! ;) all good though. How are you feeling now? Have you had your check up? X

I was convinced it was infected I was mad for getting the midwife and gp to check the stitches! its gas how once you have a baby you dont care :-D Turns out at my 6 week check up Ihad a bladder infection that was causing the stinging. I had a natural birth with no pain relief I also got the last 3 stitches with no anesthetic and was home 9 hours later but because I was breastfeeding didn't think I could take anything
    for the pain. Three days later the midwife gave me a prescription for ponston and it was like Christmas morning! !!!

Just wondering if it's safe to put gloves on babs ehen they're sleeping. A wakes up with hands like ice!

• Advertisement

Just wondering if it's safe to put gloves on babs ehen they're sleeping. A wakes up with hands like ice!

Lol great minds! I was thinking the same thing this morning, CR has purple hands in the morning with the cold. I was thinking of putting scratch mittens on her to keep her little paws warm. She sleeps with her hands behind her so always has her hands exposed. I have seen something like the Grobags but they have long sleeves and I'm nearly sure they have built in gloves, will try to find it again. Think I'll invest in a nice high tog Grobag for the winter for her. Wouldn't mind one myself!

Lol great minds! I was thinking the same thing this morning, CR has purple hands in the morning with the cold. I was thinking of putting scratch mittens on her to keep her little paws warm. She sleeps with her hands behind her so always has her hands exposed. I have seen something like the Grobags but they have long sleeves and I'm nearly sure they have built in gloves, will try to find it again. Think I'll invest in a nice high tog Grobag for the winter for her. Wouldn't mind one myself!

That's what I was thinking too, about the scratch mittens. But A is eating her hands now so dunno if it'd be ok.. put my knuckle of baby finger in her mouth; she's chomping down on it goodo! She's got a strong bite :P

I might look into getting a grobag! Didn't think of it for winter tbh! Was thinking of getting a bumper for the edge of the cot but they're so expensive. Might just pin a blanket in place. Just have to double make sure her bottles are warm during the night! Feel so guilty having my quilt up around my ears but only having A's up to her chest coz they've to sleep with their arms out. A sleeps with her hands up too; my stepbrother said she's weightlifting in her dreams.

Hope everyone is well. Have ye bought any suit for Halloween? I've a ladybug and Tigger, just have to see what fits her!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

That's what I was thinking too, about the scratch mittens. But A is eating her hands now so dunno if it'd be ok.. put my knuckle of baby finger in her mouth; she's chomping down on it goodo! She's got a strong bite :P

I might look into getting a grobag! Didn't think of it for winter tbh! Was thinking of getting a bumper for the edge of the cot but they're so expensive. Might just pin a blanket in place. Just have to double make sure her bottles are warm during the night! Feel so guilty having my quilt up around my ears but only having A's up to her chest coz they've to sleep with their arms out. A sleeps with her hands up too; my stepbrother said she's weightlifting in her dreams.

Hope everyone is well. Have ye bought any suit for Halloween? I've a ladybug and Tigger, just have to see what fits her!

Bumpers are not recommended to be honest, something about if they came undone and fell on baby, the baby wouldn't be strong enough to lift off face, so I wouldn't pin anything on either, I can recommend the grobag highly, great invention, will keep baby snug and you won't have to worry about blankets being kicked off in the middle of the night, I have a 13 month old, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Rose35 wrote: »
    Bumpers are not recommended to be honest, something about if they came undone and fell on baby, the baby wouldn't be strong enough to lift off face, so I wouldn't pin anything on either, I can recommend the grobag highly, great invention, will keep baby snug and you won't have to worry about blankets being kicked off in the middle of the night, I have a 13 month old, best of luck.

Gro bags are great!! They are always in tk maxx at a reduced price. Think mine were €17 or €20 instead of €35. I saw them in penny's too for around €9.

I use the grobags, I also use those larger onsies for outside PJ's, I use scratch mitts too.

Just registered S today. talk about cutting it close to the wire!

So bloody exhausted. Always wondered if it seem unfit to have a "new mum moan thread" coz sure what would ww have to moan about when we have perfect babies who don't cry and sleep all night.

I thought the same Loubian.

I thought the same Loubian.

I have withdrawal symptoms from the pregnant women's moan thread!

I have withdrawal symptoms from the pregnant women's moan thread!

Tell me about it. It is like it is supposed to be a bed of roses the whole time. S is only happy moving around in her buggy or cuddled in my arms, I can't do a thing without her going insane screaming. I either have to eat and hear her scream her eyes out, or have her happy and gurgling, but half starve!

• Advertisement

Tell me about it. It is like it is supposed to be a bed of roses the whole time. S is only happy moving around in her buggy or cuddled in my arms, I can't do a thing without her going insane screaming. I either have to eat and hear her scream her eyes out, or have her happy and gurgling, but half starve!

I know. I've been tempted to start onr hut would feel awful if no one wrote in it :P A will only fall asleep with the light on n in my arms now. She fidgets, cries n kicks about if I put her down without falling asleep. She's definitely starting to teeth though, the screams from her for what seems like no reason.. poor thing doesn't even have the coordination to hold a teething ring in her mouth yet!

Advertisement