Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    I know. I've been tempted to start onr hut would feel awful if no one wrote in it :P A will only fall asleep with the light on n in my arms now. She fidgets, cries n kicks about if I put her down without falling asleep. She's definitely starting to teeth though, the screams from her for what seems like no reason.. poor thing doesn't even have the coordination to hold a teething ring in her mouth yet!

I just made one there and put it in newborns and toddlers, worse case scenario, no one uses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I know. I've been tempted to start onr hut would feel awful if no one wrote in it :P

Plenty would write in it I would say, growing a baby warrants a moan thread so minding said baby definitely warrants one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Think A is definitely having a growth spurt. She drank a whole bottle - 180mls - st 8 n is now having another. I hope this means she'll sleep for a week when she's finished as I never noticed her sleeping after her other growth spurts

The place where A got her bcg is all raised, hard n red, is this normal? She got it on the 3rd of Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep perfectly normal takes weeks to come out on there arm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Has anybody not received their child benefit this month? It's usually there on the first but no sign this month. Wanted to check if Im the only one...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

xalot wrote: »
    Has anybody not received their child benefit this month? It's usually there on the first but no sign this month. Wanted to check if Im the only one...

I think it's the 1st Tuesday every month it will be there tomorrow.

xalot wrote: »

1st Tuesday of the month Xalot. I have all of S's spent in my head before it even gets here! About 40 different things needed for her and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Ah first Tuesday, thanks.....would have been calling them like an eejit!

One year ago today I found out I was pregnant!!! It flew in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

One year ago today I found out I was pregnant!!! It flew in!

Was just thinking the same! I didn't think your life could change so much in the space of a year! We are so blessed to have healthy, happy babies to look after :). Mad! Just saw a July 2014 thread. The memes :)

Any babies christened yet?

Saoirse is going to be Christened on the 14th of December. I have to do the course AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Saoirse is going to be Christened on the 14th of December. I have to do the course AGAIN!

You have to do it everytiiiiime... It sucks.

It's two days after Addie's birthday, aw :D

January wrote: »
    You have to do it everytiiiiime... It sucks.

It's two days after Addie's birthday, aw :D

That date is her granddad's bday (RIP) we wanted him to be involved in that special way. Please don't tell me that her birthday is at the weekend :(

Yeah the priest in Kilrush is a pain! Real uptight fécker!

A is on the 30th Nov! Handed in my form n they said they'd be in touch, had to ring them two weeks later n was told again they'd be in touch but that it was at 5p.m! Sorted everything out n told everyone! Was still waiting to hear n was going to ring tomorrow when a woman from down the road who must be on the committed called in just to double check we were doing it n she mentioned 12! I said no, I was told it's 5! But no, she is right it's at 12! N we don't have to do any course or anything? Some people are going to miss the mass now because they are working!

That date is her granddad's bday (RIP) we wanted him to be involved in that special way. Please don't tell me that her birthday is at the weekend :(

Yeah the priest in Kilrush is a pain! Real uptight fécker!

It's a Thursday... I don't think we're doing anything big for it this year though... we can always do Go Kids Go ourselves for her bday :)

Our new priest is lovely

A is on the 30th Nov! Handed in my form n they said they'd be in touch, had to ring them two weeks later n was told again they'd be in touch but that it was at 5p.m! Sorted everything out n told everyone! Was still waiting to hear n was going to ring tomorrow when a woman from down the road who must be on the committed called in just to double check we were doing it n she mentioned 12! I said no, I was told it's 5! But no, she is right it's at 12! N we don't have to do any course or anything? Some people are going to miss the mass now because they are working!

We got told two days before that it was confirmed, they don't like to keep us waiting you see!

January wrote: »
    It's a Thursday... I don't think we're doing anything big for it this year though... we can always do Go Kids Go ourselves for her bday :)

Our new priest is lovely

Oh, I know it is the thursday, but I was wondering were you doing something for the weekend. We will have to meet so I can see the girls. I haven't seen them in nearly a year!!!

There are two parish priests in Kilrush, one is there with donkeys years and is a dry old shíte! He did Aidan's and it was like a drive by christening, we are getting the other priest to do it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi ladies,

Been a while since I've been on here due to a combination of no time & no broadband!

Had Amelia's christening on the 26th October, it was a great day. She cried through most of the mass but was in great form for the rest of the day. She loves the attention!!

We had to do a 'course' but it was more a walk through of what to expect & who to have do readings.

How's the rest of the July babies & mammys? Hope everyone is keeping well

• Advertisement

Oh, I know it is the thursday, but I was wondering were you doing something for the weekend. We will have to meet so I can see the girls. I haven't seen them in nearly a year!!!

There are two parish priests in Kilrush, one is there with donkeys years and is a dry old shíte! He did Aidan's and it was like a drive by christening, we are getting the other priest to do it this time.

Not doing anything huge, if we are it'll be kids club in cinema on Saturday morning and then McD's after... can't even afford that though! She had huge party last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

L being christened is a sensitive subject in our house , Daddy doesn't want to get it done!

Is anyone due to go back to work this month?

Is anyone due to go back to work this month?

I should have been back on Monday just gone but luckily I'm able to take some unpaid leave so the earliest I'll be back is the 1st of April but even thinking about it upsets me something shocking. I just cry when I think about leaving her I'm absolutely dreading it!

I should be going back on Monday coming but I'm also taking some unpaid leave. I have holidays too so I will be going back around May. I'm terrified of leaving her too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I'm due back on the 24th of Jan but as I was diagnosed with PND I will be taking some sick leave and then possibly unpaid leave. It really upsets me thinking about how I'll cope going back to Dublin but we'll manage but I don't want to think about work any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

I'm not officially due back to work until February but my replacement in work is pregnant and due to finish next week. I'm only doing two days a week until February. I'm not looking forward to it :-(

I would have loved to take unpaid leave but financially it's not possible for us. Very jealous of all you ladies...

My OH works shifts so he should be home most days & my mother will cover the rest so I know A is in good hands. Won't stop me missing her like crazy :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Hope all the July mammies are well? Just checking in to say hi :) I'm also due back the end of this month but am going to take some unpaid along with annual leave so it'll bring me up to April hopefully, would drag it out longer but can't afford it! Dreading it though, I'm a nurse so work long 12 hour shifts so on my days on I prob won't see little T. Hoping to take parental leave though so that will make it a little easier.
    How are your little ones sleeping? Has anyone started introducing solids yet? I started T on rice cereal this week, he absolutely hated it at first. But I think we are getting there slowly. Hope all are keeping well :)

I started L on solids last week and she's a Savage she's eating everything and gets so excited when she sees her bowl and spoon! I'm still breastfeeding on demand too! We can have a meal in peace now with out her diving onto our plates and screaming for a taste. She's also sleeping better in the night by better I mean only waking to feed twice a night instead of every 2 hours! I've given up on sleep. I was only saying to my OH last night that with the heat wave before L was born and getting up to go to the loo I think it's been about 10 months since I had a full nights sleep!

• Advertisement

I started L on solids last week and she's a Savage she's eating everything and gets so excited when she sees her bowl and spoon! I'm still breastfeeding on demand too! We can have a meal in peace now with out her diving onto our plates and screaming for a taste. She's also sleeping better in the night by better I mean only waking to feed twice a night instead of every 2 hours! I've given up on sleep. I was only saying to my OH last night that with the heat wave before L was born and getting up to go to the loo I think it's been about 10 months since I had a full nights sleep!

Advertisement